PDA

View Full Version : Walking by the lingerie shop!

emmicd
01-27-2009, 04:36 AM
I was on my way to a client's office thinking about my assignment when I saw a cute boutique displaying the prettiest lingerie and bodybriefers which are my favorite women's undergarment to wear. I just could not help but look at the selections in the window and think how much fun it would be to try some of those pretty things on.

Needless to say I had to get to my client so I just dreamed about it until the next time I have the opportunity.

I have been able to buy womens clothing in major retail stores but have never summoned the nerve to walk into a womens boutique to buy pretty lingerie. Have any of you here had the experience of buying lingerie in a boutique or Victorias's Secret, Federic's of Hollywood or other woman's store/boutique?

I think if I did it once then it would be much easier the next time.

Please let me know your experiences.

Thank you!

emmi

Teranika
01-27-2009, 04:48 AM
I bought a corset at Fredricks once upon a time. The lady there was very nice, and only got annoyed when I was hesitant. She fitted me for a couple till we found one that fit right. The girl at the front counter was very sweet as well. I was very nervous and they both put me at ease.

I'm the most paranoid person I know, and its tough buying women's clothes sometimes, but 9 times out of 10 people just want your money and could care less why you're buying something. Yay capitalism!

Princess29
01-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Yeah, I went into a Fredericks store in San Francisco a while ago. One of the saleswomen asked me if I was looking for sometime for my wife or girlfriend (I was in guy mode) and I just said "no, for me" and she never even batted an eyelid. I tried on a corset but ended up just getting a bra and some panties

Phyliss
01-27-2009, 06:46 AM
... I saw a cute boutique displaying the prettiest lingerie and bodybriefers... could not help but look at the selections in the window and think how much fun it would be to try some of those pretty things on.
I have been able to buy womens clothing in major retail stores but have never summoned the nerve to walk into a womens boutique to buy pretty lingerie. Have any of you here had the experience of buying lingerie in a... woman's store/boutique?
I think if I did it once then it would be much easier the next time.
Please let me know your experiences.
Thank you!
emmi

Yes I have. In fact I much rather go into one of them than a V.S. or Fredricks. Usually in a smaller store you get much better service, as most of the time the owner is there and wants to be sure of complete customer satisfaction. The larger chain type of store thinks of you more as a number on a sales report.

jamie1
01-27-2009, 07:43 AM
I find the help in the smaller stores to be sometimes embarassing because after a few minutes they know I am shopping for myself. The sizes that I am looking for, like 42DD and size 8 panties and queen size hose. This pretty well sizes me up. In the large retail stores the sales people seldom approach me in the womens department.

Daintre
01-27-2009, 07:57 AM
A few years ago when my confidence was very lacking, a Lingerie Boutique for larger women opened at the mall. I really wanted to go in and buy, I was ready to buy, got to the store and slowly walked by telling myself to go in. I couldn't do it, so I slowly walked by again, I did this so many times I thought mall security would be after me. On my last pass, I did go in, I was a mess inside. When a sales lady asked if she could help I just about jumped out of my skin. This turned out to be a smart SA, she realized I was shopping fr myself and she made the experience one I will always remember. I got great service and her business card, she was the shop owner. Over time I have bought a lot of lingerie there.

PrettyFlowingGown
01-27-2009, 07:59 AM
I love shopping in lingerie shops. I've never had a prob in one either. The shops here in Brisbane are ok, but the best one I go too is called "She" at Broadbeach on the Gold Coast. I'm a reguler there, and the ladies know I dress, and they ring me or email me when new nightgowns come in. I buy most of my lingerie there too.
I went into Fredericks in LA in 2004, and it was'nt the best lingerie shop I've ever been too, St. Louis had some gorgous ones, I still have the beautiful nightgown I bought, and wear it ocasionally.

sissy meg
01-27-2009, 08:01 AM
I have shopped at both VS and Fredericks. I have bought things at both several times, but only once each where I said I was buying for me.

At Fredericks, the girls were wonderful. She had me try on several things and even wanted to see me and would comment. I went in male mode, but I was wearing panties, bra, pantyhose and heels under my jeans and shirt. I bought a baby doll, very sexy!

At VS, it wasn't so good. I want to try again, I am wonerding if I just had a girl who wasn't in a good mood or wasn't understanding. I said I wanted to buy panties and a bra and she grabbed the first pair of panties and bra she could find and said this should fit you. I tried to slow it down by looking at a few other things, but she wasn't very helpful. I have heard from others that VS is a great place, and I will try it again, but the first wasn't so great

Have fun shopping, I love to shop

Meghan

Naleen
01-27-2009, 09:16 AM
I havent triend this yet, but Im guessing it may be a bit easier for me as Im a size 10/12 depending on garment, when im in drab I look more of a size 14. The 10/12 sizes are fairly common for GG's so this and I dont look like I would fit into a 10. This might relieve the pressure off me if I would ever attempt to do this.

Leslie Langford
01-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Keep in mind that Valentine's Day is almost upon us, which makes it a perfect cover for buying sexy lingerie if you don't want to admit that you are buying for yourself.

Just make sure of your sizes beforehand as stores typically have a "no return" policy when it comes to undergarments, often including bras as well.

celeste26
01-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Those small shops just dont have the sizes I need unless they are in fact in the niche market for larger sizes. 90% of the time I dont bother for that reason. The shops who have an internet presence like Romans or JMS are different.

Still my budget is so small that I rarely have the money to buy quality things unless it is tax return time. (like right now)

susan2010
01-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I had an excellent experience buying a garter belt at VS. I told the SA it was for me and she suggested I try it on. Very helpful and professional.

beenherelongtime
01-27-2009, 02:00 PM
i have shopped at all three types of stores and have always been treated good, even when the SA knew the items were for me.

Lori A
01-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I had fun in VS with my wife, daughter and her future ex husband. He was shy and had to be dragged in to the place. My daughter asked the SA what size panties she thought would fit him. She thought we were joking. I ensured her we were serious and that in fact I was wearing silky panties, and she wanted to know why. I told her that they fit better and that if she had a male SO she should have him slip into a pair the next time they were playing and experience silky against silky. She was blushing more than Don was.

k lynn
01-27-2009, 03:02 PM
I shop in vs quite often love the place. Even had a bra fitting done there.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
I cannot walk by a lingerie shop or section of a department store without going in and looking - I just can't

JoAnne Wheeler

Jess_cd32
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
We have one local and I just go in and look for things for my SO and myself. I really could care less anymore what anyone thinks about it either.

txrobinm
01-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Anything outside of a mall is easier for me. My first time buying was at such a boutique. No problems at all, tried on, etc, and that was 20 years ago.

VS is usually really pushy I've found, and they usually don't have much selection in what I'm looking for in my size, so I haven't been in one in a long time. Fred's is better for what I usually get there. Hosiery, especially fishnets, are quite sturdy. Corsets won't really reduce, but look good and are affordable, and body stockings are available in larger sizes.

I only recently bought anything at a dept store from the lingerie section- a bra at Target. Here they are open till 11PM on Tuesdays, so I went a little after 10:00 when it wouldn't be crowded. It was also in a different part of the metroplex to minimize running into anyone I might know.

jamiecd636
01-27-2009, 06:01 PM
I had a very good experience at VS. It was midmorning, so not real business at the Mall. I was in drab. While walking by the store, saw a pair of panties in the window that called out to me. I walked in and asked the SA what they were. She was not sure so we walked out the door to look at them. She said the were from the Angel's collection. We walked back inside to the table they were on. She asked what size does she wear? My reply was, I wear a 6. She said OK and asked what color I liked. I told her the blue and pink. As there were several styles, thongs, boyshorts and hipsters, we selected several. Then came the bomb shell: Would you like to try them on? My response was sure, off to the fitting room we went. I tried them on and she brought several bra's for me to try. I ended up leaving with two bra's and 5 panties. She told me to come back any time.

Petra Bellejambes
01-27-2009, 06:56 PM
I have friends who have had poor experiences with Vickie, but for me its usally golden, en femme or in drab. There is something delicious about saying, clearly and proudly that its for you. The consumer is Queen, so go ahead and behave like one! I blogged about my last VS trip here. http://voyagesenrose.blogspot.com/2008/12/tale-of-2-trips-to-victorias-secret.html

I hope your local store is as forward as the many I visit in my sleepy little city... happy shopping and dressing!

Billijo49504
01-27-2009, 08:49 PM
I have platinum cards at both Lane Bryant and Victoria's Secret. So yes, I think I've shopped at them and a lot of other places. I even went to one of theguys that was at the Dress Barn, the girl was on break, and asked where the dressing room was, I wanted to try on this skirt. He told me where they were and suggeasted a top to match....BJ

Angie G
01-27-2009, 09:20 PM
It won't hurt just stop in and shop hun.:hugs:
Angie

Tora
01-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Bail Haynes stores at outlet malls. Vanity Fair outlets, offer 10% off coupons off $!00.00 purchase, not hard with the large selection of jeans, tops, panties, bras, slips, cami, nightgowns and breifers. Small local shops offer great service, especially if you manage to get to them at a slow time. Most have seens guys many times, just be descrete. Macy's near northside of Detroit even has a private dressing room in Intimate's Love to shop Dillards for Miss Elaine Nightgowns, they are the best nylon gowns. Even Shadowline has a few outlet stores, with fantastic silky delights.

Tina Francis
01-28-2009, 02:33 AM
Walking in a lingerie shop is always nice experience. The SA are always nice and want to support you. The trying is a more difficult. But if you know your sizes it is defintely not a problem. Serveral men buying lingerie for their wifes aspecially in france, so it's not a problem.

wtb Jessica
01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
i never had a problem they always seen to be very helpfull expecialy fredricks. they don't even care if i try things on. But victorias secrets at least the one close to my house service is good but they seen to have a trouble with me trying things on. Don't know why but i find it sort of up setting.

Robyn7778
01-28-2009, 10:46 AM
By nature, I am very shy in new places and experiences -- which is funny, because I don't shy away from new places and experiences, but I become very quiet and in "anonymous mode" until I can obcerve the situation and begin to feel comfortable. For that reason, unless I have a very specific question, I rarely ask for sales help in any store, until I am comfortable with what I have seen and am ready to talk.

So, as you can imagine, I get even shyer and more anonymous to the point of trying to be invisible when shopping for womens clothes -- especially lingerie. So, so far, I've only been comfortable shopping in larger retail outlets and have yet to summon the courage to enter a smaller boutique, or even a VS where I fear the SA would be all over me! After reading the replies ere though, I may just have to get brave and try it out!

sissystephanie
01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
As one of the more senior, in actual age, members on this forum, I can safely say that there are not many places that I HAVEN'T bought lingerie. That includes a lot of Boutique shops! Gotta love those places!!:) Very frequently in total drab, but sometimes as a guy wearing a skirt or dress! I have been fitted for corsets and /or bras in Frederick's, VS, Nordstroms, the old Meier & Franks in Portland, Oregon, and the old Bon Marche in Seattle. I have had some great experiences over the years, along with a very few not so great!

Have never had a bad experience in either Frederick's, VS, or Nordstrom's. Nordstrom's especially seems to be very CD friendly. If I am shopping in the womens department, invariably I will be asked if I want a dressing room set up so I can try on my selections! Funny, they never ask me that in the men's department!!:heehee: