PDA

View Full Version : How Did your Mom Dress??

LeotardMan
01-27-2009, 06:58 PM
I was just wondering since the topic of if we were influenced by what our mother wore came up. But I was wondering how did everyone’s mother dress? Did she dress, casual, sophisticated, sexy, elegant?

Mine dress very elegant and sexy but conservative at the same time. She has a real good taste in fashion even when it comes to working out. She was a Stay at Home Mom and she always had on a nice outfit on. It was funny she would get up have a nice dress, blouse, or slacks on get my sister and I off to school, do various chores or errands, I would come home from school she would change into a very nice and sometimes reveling workout outfit of some sort. I remember one time I was exercising with her and she had on a pair of reveling exercise undies and sports bra on. I remember I made a comment because it was kind of odd seeing your mom in something so reveling and she said. “I’m darn proud of this body and I’m going to show it off when I’m working out in the gym or at home!”

Anyway, how did everyone’s mom dress?

Geoff

adrienner99
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
My mother was elegant--three-inch patent leather heels, yellow silk dresses with wide skirts and a petticoat....always dresses, pants were unheard of. She wore white gloves, too!

simpsonfan5
01-27-2009, 10:42 PM
my mom dressed very casually and almost old-lady like. she would mostly wear regular jeans and some sort of t-shirt. very modest...when she wore dresses they were almost always to the ankles, very modest again...never skirts or anything like that.

Jilmac
01-27-2009, 11:07 PM
I grew up in the 50's and 60's. My mom stayed home while my dad was bringing home the bacon. As I recall she almost always wore a dress at home. I don't know much about the styles of that era, but what she wore was known as a house dress. there was nothing fancy about them but they were very practical. Mom set the example for my five sisters by showing them that a female can look beautiful in the simplest of clothes.

Intertwined
01-27-2009, 11:15 PM
My mom dressed very, classy, most her clothing came from high end department stores.

When I was VERY young, mom was a cocktail waitress at the Flying Bridge in Oceanside, later opened her own Dress shop in Carlsbad, she knew cloths.

CrossdressinGoth
01-28-2009, 11:41 AM
My mom wore pants and t-shirts, very laid back. never dressed up, never did the heels except like twice that i recall. never wears makeup, her and my sister are really tomboyish. wonder how I inherited the girly side lol

Carly D.
01-29-2009, 06:12 PM
My mom dressed up on occasions because my dad was a teacher so she would dress up for the different functions at the junction as it were... and for church and we would have to dress up for church and I would get to see the women dressed up (they used to dress for events such as church and school functions such as prom and graduation) and that's where the looking at legs clad in pantyhose with heels on them.. dressed were nice but the shoes and heels were the bomb...

danielle_from_cal
01-29-2009, 07:14 PM
My mother rarely dressed up or wore much makeup. She dressed for the functionality of a "housewife" rather than for glamour. My sisters also dressed this way (and still do). I think that having so little femininity around the house as I was growing up helped spur me to dress femininely myself. It's sort of the opposite now with my wife. She is very feminine (in that she wears fashionable clothes and makeup etc.). When she is around I barely feel like dressing. But when she is gone I crave it like crazy.

Ashley Lyn
01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
My Mom. who is 97, 'as we speak', (bless her heart) ALWAYS wore dresses or skirts...:) People often asked her why, and she just replied "I love skirts"... No idea the logic, but her youngest son NOW loves skirts as well, altho' 'he' likes them a tad shorter.. :battingeyelashes:

docrobbysherry
01-29-2009, 09:06 PM
She always kept her figure, tho. Probably looked better with no clothes on! YUCK!!!:doh: THERE'S a disgusting thot!:eek:

She'll be 96 next month!:)

Samantha43
01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
My mom dresses very conservatively. I think the higest heel she has ever owned may be 1 1/2 inches high. Before she retired, she worked in a professional environment and wore conservative business attire. Her casual clothing is mostly slacks and a blouse. Her makeup has always been always very modest.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Well, we were poor (we did not know we were poor, but we were) and my mother dressed the best she could - she had really good taste - she just didn't have the money to buy what she dreamed of - I guess that is why I have tried to buy nice things for JoAnne - I think that I must somehow be trying to make up for my childhood of not having a lot

JoAnne Wheeler

Helen 2
01-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Mom was a nice dresser -and always wore some form of foundation garment, usually girdles and long-line bras or all-in-ones and dresses instead of slacks. She definitely influenced me in my dress, as I never consider myself 'dressed' if I dont do likewise.

She loved heels as I do and usually wore dresses, almost always with stockings. This was in the very early Sixties.....from what I remember, not uncommon at the time.

Kelli Michelle
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM
My mom was a very attractive, hip type woman. When she started working, after the kids were a little older, she worked in some very nice, though younger, retail establishments. She wore shortish skirts (not too short), but elegant, trendy tops. She always had tons of accessories, and was considered young looking for her age. She didn't dress "old ladyish" at all. Neither do I. I suppose my dressing habits have something to do with my memories of how she dressed. Even though I was often her worst critic (she was not always easy to live with), I was also one of her biggest supporters. I miss my mom.:sad:

Karen564
01-30-2009, 03:30 PM
My Mom was very much a Girlie girl Woman, and always took very well of her appearance, from her hair to her toes all the time.
Always dressed appropriately according to what she was doing, if she had to go to an formal affair, she dressed elegantly in beautiful gowns or dresses, usually low cut that looked great on her being a 34 DD, beautiful hairstyle, garter stockings, sexy high heels, full makeup, & elegant jewelry, perfume, Picture Perfect Woman & so beautiful to see.
For the office she dressed in pretty skirt suits, silky blouses, pantyhose, high heels, nice hairstyle & light makeup. again no doubt she loved every minute of being a Woman, but who could blame her.
For outside gardening or at home cleaning, just some nice flat front slacks & simple blouse with flat or low heels, low key but still looked great.

She will Always be my True Idol of a Woman.

Karen