PDA

View Full Version : The World is NOT Going to End

Beth785
01-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Many of us here are terrified about stepping foot out the front door, exposing ourselves to the peering eyes of the world. Well, I have to admit, that even though I have been out several times before, I'm still a little timid about it.

My dressing is limited due to the fact that I still live at home, and I am not out to my parents. My mom is a school bus driver who is home alot during the day. It's been since Halloween since I have been out. To make a long story short, I had 2 hours and decided to make a break for it.

I had dinner in the oven, but needed a few more supplies. I spent 40 minutes getting ready, grabbed my purse and off to the store I went. I felt very good about myself.

BTW, it was about 15 degrees today and starting to snow. BRRRRR!!!

I hopped out of my truck, walked into our new HyVee, grabbed me today's paper, some garlic bread and some Parmesan cheese (I'm baking a lasagna). I headed to the express check out, smiled at the nice older lady clerk, handed her my money, grabbed my bag, and out the door I went. The ironic thing was that I spent more time primping than I did actually making the errand.

I know this isn't some grand adventure out. I just ran to the store and back. But you know what? I did it, know one noticed/cared, and the world is still going strong. I wouldn't say I pass very well, but who cares. I had a blast, got my garlic bread, and just finished enjoying dinner.

Now, to everyone who is too frightened to do it themselves, what are you waiting for? Go out and have fun! A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step!

debbeelee1
01-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a great time out Beth! That sounds about right, more prep time than actual out and about time!

Edwina
01-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Good for you Beth, congratulations.

:love:

Edwina

Karren H
01-28-2009, 12:32 AM
God I love those sun glasses!!

docrobbysherry
01-28-2009, 12:39 AM
If it works for u, keep it up!:)

Some people jump off buildings, and survive, too! :eek:

I can think of more BAD things, than good, that could happen to me! So, I'll pass on both.:brolleyes:

StephanieT
01-28-2009, 12:46 AM
It is great you got out. Just doing everyday things can be fun:D

Persephone
01-28-2009, 02:27 AM
Congratulations Beth!

You look terrific! Those sunglasses are perfect on you.

Looks to me like you could "pass" pretty well. You may have to work on your confidence, voice and style, but you look "good to go!"

mykhelee
01-28-2009, 02:33 AM
Excellent, I recently ran up to the store for smokes and a paper. The cashier's only comment was that she loved the color of my nail polish. I do have the advantage of being able to be dressed all day when I wish to.

vivianann
01-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Beth, I like your attitude about going out in public, you are sooo right. I dont pass well either, and I dont care, most peaple could care less. the Key to going out in public crossdressed without any hassles is having confidence in yourself, act like you belong out there dressed as a woman. I look forward to the day more of us can leave the closet and partake in the freedom to wear a dress out in the public. thanks for sharing your story with us.:hugs:

JuLo
01-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Way to go, sis! Good to see another Kansas girl out and about!

Tasha McIntyre
01-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Way to go Beth. I am too much of a big chicken to do that at the min, but I have told myself that 2009 is the year that ol' Tashy get to see the light of day. :daydreaming:

Beth785
01-28-2009, 11:46 AM
God I love those sun glasses!!

You can hove your own, as well. I picked them up at Wally World. I had to get a second pair because I scratched the first one. The sunglasses help hide my eye brows. I haven't quite figured out how to clean them up very well, yet!

RobynB
01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Great eyebrow tip. Thanks Beth.

Carly D.
01-29-2009, 05:53 PM
I never thought the world would end.. but I think of all the concequences of my doing such a brave thing (my description of you and any one else that goes out in the world dressed up).. but as brave as I feel everyone is it makes me feel like it could be foolish to try such a thing as to go out this way.. not only would I have to think about what people thought of me but what my family thinks of me and what their friends think of them having a family member that dresses this way..

JoAnne Wheeler
01-29-2009, 06:06 PM
What you say is correct - you are an inspiration to a lot of sisters

JoAnne Wheeler

jo_ann
01-29-2009, 06:43 PM
"I know this isn't some grand adventure out"

Please, that's 100% more than I've done. Anyone that ventures out presenting femme is couragous, no matter how small.