PDA

View Full Version : Guy blasted me on Hot or Not!

Alice Torn
01-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I had been posting pics on Hot or Not.com for a few months, and mentioned being cd, under the pic. I have had quite a few guys interested, and have had ratings around 6. Today, though, my first negative response. This guy was furious! He called me gay, queer, faggot, because i dressed like a woman, and said some things about me that i can't write here! It shows, that there are still some very hostile men out there, toward cders.

debbeelee1
01-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Yep, there are plenty of those types out there, just ignore him.

Melinda G
01-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Simple solution: Don't post pics on Hot or Not, trying to get guys interested.

sterling12
01-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Do they allow that sort of abuse on that site? I would have thought The Mods would remove people who want to hurl personal insults and use abusive labels.

Whether he liked you or not, a simple negative with some constructive criticism should have been sufficient. What he did, was parade his ignorance for The Whole World to see.

There is one positive thing that might come out of his stupidity. For every crude, bigot like this, about a thousand people will see what he wrote and be appalled! They will be the people who will think and reason, and decide, "Wow, I'm not going to be like that." "I really feel sorry for that person." With his bigotries, He actually probably gained Our Cause a lot of sympathetic people. In an odd way, we should be thanking him for being such a jerk!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Shari
01-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't care how good you or anybody else looks.
There's ALWAYS that 10% who make it difficult and tend to ruin things.
The best advice I can give to not receive any more negativity, is delete your pics and don't do it anymore.
You invited the jerk by posting your pic.

Cheryl T
01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
He's not hostile to us girls...he's just not sure of his own masculinity. If he was comfortable being a man why would he even look at you and take the time to write ... he's probably a closet dresser himself....and this way he gets to look macho to the world.

TerriM
01-28-2009, 05:06 PM
As many have said and realized:

"There will never be a shortage of "A" holes in the world"

MarcieM
01-28-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree 100%. I never got the whole thing of hot or not with people on this forum.

BeckyAnderson
01-28-2009, 05:22 PM
There are many angry people out there for anything that lives outside of their box, their comfort zone. Their anger can be against anything or anyone not just CD'ers. Just regard it as the ignorance and immaturity of a small-minded person..

:hugs:
Becky

EryLynn
01-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Lucille, why not post a link to your page on Hot or Not and the rest of us can then use our male persona to tell him to take a flying hike at a wall?

Ery

Alice Torn
01-28-2009, 05:28 PM
On that site, I have noticed quite a few cd.s! The message the mad dude sent me, was a private message. I know of several cd's i recognized. There has only been the one angry guy. I stated in my profile, that i was a cd.

MarcieM
01-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I had been posting pics on Hot or Not.com for a few months, and mentioned being cd, under the pic. I have had quite a few guys interested, and have had ratings around 6. Today, though, my first negative response. This guy was furious! He called me gay, queer, faggot, because i dressed like a woman, and said some things about me that i can't write here! It shows, that there are still some very hostile men out there, toward cders.
Please post the link to your hot or not page.

Nicole Erin
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM
OH that guy knows he enjoyed the photo[s]

He proabaly went back a few times for another look.

It does suck when we get crappy comments though. I know I have felt like kicking the crap ut of a few haters.

Emily Anderson
01-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised that you're surprised. I mean, didn't you expect that to happen at some point, and sooner rather than later?

Perhaps you've been living under a rock, or have only just started to experience the anonymity and subsequent animosity of some internet dwellers.

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. :(

The world is FULL of haters and people who are aggressive and passionate about their hate for anything they don't understand or feel somehow threatened by. Not that it's any news to you or anyone here.

In time, minds will change, I'm sure. But some minds are going to really hold on to their hate. It's really sad, and pretty scary too.

Try not to let him get to you, honey. The world is full of jerks. But its also full of crossdressers too! :) Be proud of who you are and always be kind when dealing with people online - even to the jerks. You never know - you just might win over the mind of a former-hater one of these days. :)

Nicki B
01-28-2009, 06:13 PM
If you post on such a site, you do have to expect the good and the bad.. You're not in control, any more? :idontknow:

But such bigotry IME is often related to his repressed feelings about himself, rather than anything personal against you - that doesn't mean such bigots can't do damage, if given the opportunity? At least this is only virtual, so it's really only his problem, unless you let it be yours too?

Karen564
01-28-2009, 06:27 PM
He's not the 1st, and won't be the last, and not much you can do about it, except getting yourself off sites like that.

Karen

Alice Torn
01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
To be honest, I did kind of expect some negative feedback, and surprised only one! Here is the photo.

Lisa Catherine
01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I HAVE to agree with you, Nicki, someone that blatant is doing it to mask his own doubts about his own masculinity. People like that are often the source of their own demise, or they wake up and join the rest of the civilized world!:hugs: I'm certain that he's so wrapped up in his own insecurities, he has to think he's degrading or intimidating others to elevate his own feelings!!:battingeyelashes:

Lora Olivia
01-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Lucille you have legs that anyone would be proud of and look very nice in that outfit. I give you a 8.5 for style and presentation

Rachel Morley
01-28-2009, 09:43 PM
He probably thought you looked really cute ... maybe he even had the hots for you, gave you a 10 then he scrolled down and saw you had written that you are a CDer and then got really pixxed off because he's an homophobic a$$!

beenherelongtime
01-28-2009, 10:08 PM
ignore him, his language defines him.

TGMarla
01-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Moron. Narrow mind.

Intertwined
01-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Or, it could be he was just Jeleous...!

Celeste
01-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Yea sounds like you stirred something up in him he didn't know he had so in a knee jerk response he lashed out in retaliation,now pass that chewin tobacco.

Shannon
01-29-2009, 12:22 AM
I used to obsess over what other people thought of me and would spend so much of my energy trying to please them, I had no idea how to be myself. My therapist had me write this down, and I would read it every morning as part of my daily meditation:

"What other people think or feel about me is none of my business, unless I have wronged them, and if so, I need to make amends if doing so doesn’t result in further harm.
And when I’m working my boundaries, which implies I know what they are and honor them, what other people think of me is more about them and their history than it is about me."

As others have noted, all that hostility is his history, not yours. We can't control how other people behave; all we can control is our reaction to others' behavior.

Sally2005
01-29-2009, 12:39 AM
ya, but did he add himself to your wants to meet you list? He probably gave you a high vote then figured out he was attracted to a male...

You might want to respond and just tell him you think he is cute, but CDers arn't gay so you'll have to pass, your just a regular guy, ...etc.etc..

Don't blast the guy, that's what he gets off on.

ps...just saw other post on not controlling others history...I agree, but you might be able to influence their future. Just don't let their history impact your future.

docrobbysherry
01-29-2009, 12:49 AM
I agree 100%. I never got the whole thing of hot or not with people on this forum.

I've found I got much better ratings if I listed myself as a GG. And, as being interested in women! All my friends were females! No men at all!

Problem solved!:D

MissConstrued
01-29-2009, 01:48 AM

Aww, that's crazy talk!

:rolleyes:

EryLynn
01-29-2009, 02:03 AM
I think Rachel's comment is spot on!

Ery

Nicole Erin
01-29-2009, 10:57 AM
OK I see the photo.
You see, he probably looked, saw nylon legs sticking out of a skirt, liked what he saw, and later after "enjoying" what he saw, read the CD part, got pissed, wrote comment, went back later and "enjoyed" the photo some more. :heehee:

Men see legs sticking out of a skirt and that pretty much does it for them.

Trust me, regardless of what he wrote, he likes you.

2b.Lauren
01-29-2009, 11:39 AM
You look gorgeous in that dress, and as others have mentioned you have sexy legs. I agree with the other posters he is just a narrow minded jerk, that is probably so far in the closet he would come out with the mothballs. I applaud you for taking the risk to post on there. With that risk comes the spoils so you have to be willing to accept the good comments with the bad ones. However this seems more like an attack and that is difficult to deal with.

Amanduhrob
01-29-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't get the Hot or Not thing, nor do I understand why a hetero male is trying to attract other hetero males.

Now if you are gay, or bi, and want to attract other guys, why post a pic of yourself in drag?

Vicki65
01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Thing is, if you post pretty much ANYTHING in the public domain, you are inviting opinion and criticism, and not everyone likes what we do.

By the same token, you could have posted that you like red cars and had someone lambast you personally for your terrible taste in colours.

If you dont want negative criticism, dont post pics because as sure as eggs is eggs, for every person that loves you / agrees with you / has the same tastes, there will be another person who completely disagrees, fears you or is sickened by this.

So, your choice is either harden up, or 'stay out of the kitchen'

Lisa Catherine
01-29-2009, 06:30 PM
The more I think about it, the more positive I am that he's using anger to hide his own personal issues, jokers like that are best "blown off" and ignored!!

Lorileah
01-29-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't get the Hot or Not thing, nor do I understand why a hetero male is trying to attract other hetero males.

Now if you are gay, or bi, and want to attract other guys, why post a pic of yourself in drag?
Because that is who we are. Most people here are not gay or bi but dress, the ones who are gay or bi dress because we like to dress. Honestly most gay men do not want to be with a crossdresser.

Having not ever been on Hot ot Not I don't know exactly the purpose of the web site but if it is a dating site and one is a crossdresser then posting as such to attract a partner is the right thing to do.

Hali
01-29-2009, 07:05 PM
He probably thought you looked really cute ... maybe he even had the hots for you, gave you a 10 then he scrolled down and saw you had written that you are a CDer and then got really pixxed off because he's an homophobic a$$!

So funny........really funny, may be he had the hots for u and later figure it out that he was "fooled" by a CDer the private message shows a bit about his concern for u..............u got him baby.

Alice Torn
01-29-2009, 11:34 PM
I was not super upset, when i read the note, really wondred why there were not more. Just thought I would make a thread. I have very few friends, and seldo anyone to converse with, so I thought I wopuld start a discussion about it. I think i will change the profile, to how Doc did it, but, like Erin said, just nyloned legs in heels, sticking out of a skirt, will get every guys attention, and they don't think it might be a cd.

Vicky Perry
01-29-2009, 11:49 PM
still alot of very small and narrow minded people out there

Stormgirl
01-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Just ignore that angry insecure man, he probably wasn't given enough love as a child and wouldn't dare lash out at anybody unless he was behind a computer.

Anna_kissed
01-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Could I suggest a different perspective? He has gone to that site expecting to find birth women--on that assumption he finds a person attractive and then finds out the person is not as he assumed. To me its not hard to imagine he might feel tricked and mislead. That doesnt excuse abuse but maybe the source of that is more in hurt than malice?

danacd96
01-30-2009, 03:05 AM
I never condone nasty or disrespectfull people. And as we all know there are plenty of those types in this world we live in. However I doubt that many of us would willingly parade down good ole Mayberry USA with a sign around our neck that reads cd or tg girl here, and not expect some sort of negative response. My point is be aware of your surroundings before you proceed. I mean this with all due respect!

dana

Alice Torn
01-30-2009, 04:41 AM
Anna, good point. One time, I was in drab at a singles dance, and it was kind of dark. I saw what i thought was a tall lady, and asked her to dance. I sooned learned that she was a cd, or tg, but, finished the dance. I was not angry, just surprised! One friend of mine said he would have decked the person. I can understand why the guy who railed at me was surprised, and even angry some,, and felt he was doing the right thing. In the past, during my more small town, country boy background, I might have been angry too, but not verbally, or physically. I try to put myself in the other person's shoes. I can understand his frustration, because. isn't it difficult enough trying to find attractive birth ladies, that want to date, these days? And when he thought he found one, surprise! It doesn't justify the name calling, viscious verbal attack, though.

terrinoble
01-30-2009, 05:17 AM
I had a pic at Hot or Not, it got up to a 9 at times. This was a few years ago and I've forgotten about it since.

The trolls are out there and won't go away. The CD/TG newsgroups on Usenet are all but useless now, since the trolls have carpetbombed them with their hateful screeds, reveling in crossposting from other groups they want to troll.

MsJanessa
01-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Ditto---I really don't see what the attraction is on that site--- the name alone is disrespectful to both GGs and TGs-it kind of implies a meat rack approach. if you are interested in people looking at your photos (and possibly hooking up with you) I would suggest one of the sites that cater to T-Gurls like urnotalone or possibly alt.com---I wouldn't reccomend a site that caters mainly to adolesncent(either in age or in attitude) heterosexual males who tend to use it as a masturbation aid. If you are interested in getting comments and feedback on your photos only with no urge for romantic involvement, I would recommend using the photo section on this site.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-30-2009, 01:08 PM
YES, be careful what you post and where you post it - you just might catch a homophobe instead

JoAnne Wheeler

Kate Simmons
01-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Just ignore an idiot like that. You're probably more of a man than he will ever be, hell, we probably all are even when en femme.;):battingeyelashes::)

Nicki B
01-30-2009, 03:46 PM
..like Erin said, just nyloned legs in heels, sticking out of a skirt, will get every guys attention, and they don't think it might be a cd.

That's just the way men are wired - they react mainly to visual sexual signals? Whereas women tend to need more variety of stimulation.. :whistling:

You don't? :strugglin It's not about finding someone to get into bed with, it's ALL about 'am I fanciable?', while keeping others at a safe distance. And, given the number of cis-men and women who post photos of themselves, it's a pretty common need?

While, on top of that, we (as trans) have the whole 'validation' thing - can I really look good, as a woman? :)

Cheryl T
01-30-2009, 05:52 PM
As a friend of mine would say....

"So many Dick's, so few Richard's"

CD Susan
01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Personally I would never post a picture of myself on any website that was not cd specific such as this one. I have deleted my profiles on several cd/tg/ts sites because of the trolls messing with me. After a few e-mail exchanges they are easy to spot. This is the reason that I think "guests" on cd/tg/ts websites have too much accessability to bonafide members personal information and pictures. The internet can be a wonderful place but it is also a very disscusting and dangerous place at times because there are so many a$$ holes in the world. There is probably some non cd sympathetic jerk reading this right now and laughing his a$$ off.

MarcieM
01-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Because that is who we are. Most people here are not gay or bi but dress, the ones who are gay or bi dress because we like to dress.
That's a pretty lame explanation. You would post a pic trying to attract guys on hot or not because "that's who we are" ? Sorry, I don't buy it.

JulieK1980
01-30-2009, 07:34 PM
When something like that happens to me, I always try to look at the positive side. If just one homophobic person reads it, and sees the ignorance of it and rethinks there own views it is good.

One of the problems of the internet in that aspect is the anonymity of it. People say things that they would never say in real life because no one knows who they are. On the bright side its probably some fat overweight guy sitting at a computer because he fails at real life.

I am sorry you went through that though. It sucks, I've gotten stuff like that on my myspace in the past.

Lorileah
01-31-2009, 12:55 AM
That's a pretty lame explanation. You would post a pic trying to attract guys on hot or not because "that's who we are" ? Sorry, I don't buy it.
wasn't trying to sell it to you but if you are a TV, CD,TS whatever, when you post on a site such as Hot or Not with the sole intent of attracting someone, male or female, you should do it as you are. Posting as a male then dressing as a female is decietful. If you have a problem with someone here posting to attract a male, that is sad because not everyone here is straight.

harmony
01-31-2009, 01:24 AM
he probably got off too soon doing it to himself!a wichser(german for onanist)

battybattybats
01-31-2009, 01:34 AM
wasn't trying to sell it to you but if you are a TV, CD,TS whatever, when you post on a site such as Hot or Not with the sole intent of attracting someone, male or female, you should do it as you are. Posting as a male then dressing as a female is decietful. If you have a problem with someone here posting to attract a male, that is sad because not everyone here is straight.

Posting as a male and dressing as a female is only deceitful if the two are in isolation!

Otherwise it is using ones free and fair human right to free gender expression!

We all most consider:
There is such a thing as transgender attraction!
Men and women attracted especially or even solely to transgender people!

They may identify as straight gay bi or pansexual
They have every single right that everyone else has.

I'd argue that posting as a male and not dressing as a female when one is transgender is what may be considered being deceitful if anything.

Its about time we abandoned all this special assumptions and protections for binary gender society!

Binary gender society is not threatened by exceptions unless it has no validity or worth at all! So if it ever had any merit it will get along fine if people are openly and publicly androgynous, crossdressed, in extreme drag or any other possible combination or permutation of free gender expression!

MsJanessa
01-31-2009, 12:29 PM

Darling you are absolutly correct--- not everybody here is straight--especially Me---the only problem I have with "hot or not" is the meatrack approach aimed at heterosexual males(generally immature ones at that)--the kind of attention I like to get generally comes from TG dating sites xoxo MsJ

Amanduhrob
02-05-2009, 12:36 AM
Because that is who we are. Most people here are not gay or bi but dress, the ones who are gay or bi dress because we like to dress. Honestly most gay men do not want to be with a crossdresser.

Having not ever been on Hot ot Not I don't know exactly the purpose of the web site but if it is a dating site and one is a crossdresser then posting as such to attract a partner is the right thing to do.

It's not a dating site, you post a pic and ask people's opinion if they think you're hot, or not.

It's a site that judges you strictly on your looks, period. It's as shallow as it gets.

Katrina82
02-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Was this guy from the South? LOL

Lorileah
02-05-2009, 12:36 PM
It's not a dating site, you post a pic and ask people's opinion if they think you're hot, or not.

It's a site that judges you strictly on your looks, period. It's as shallow as it gets.
Only on the internet would that happen... No one judges you on your looks in real life :)

Tashee
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
I had been posting pics on Hot or Not.com for a few months, and mentioned being cd, under the pic. I have had quite a few guys interested, ande had ratings around 6. Today, though, my first negative response. This guy was furious! He called me gay, queer, faggot, because i dressed like a woman, and said some things about me that i can't write here! It shows, that there are still some very hostile men out there, toward cders.

I am sorry. That said, you are quite hot, and he knows it. keep your head up and your confidence high,..Please do not let it get you down.

Tashee

Jennifer Brooks
02-05-2009, 10:18 PM

Pretty much! Why go there? Stay here and be loved by all.:)

Raquel June
02-06-2009, 12:39 PM
So he voted "not"?

Most people on Hot or Not are not trying to hook up with anyone. They just want to see what people think of their picture.

After all, it's called "Hot or Not," not match.com.