PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Flying?

Persephone
01-28-2009, 07:22 PM
O.K., I'm one of those girls who is out and about (a rather dangerous "dual person" situation), who flies, and who works out at a women only 30-minute exercise center.

But I was pretty nervous today. I received an invitation (addressed to "Fitness Friend") to visit the real women-only gym & spa in town and I decided to check it out.

It seemed to take all morning to get ready, probably because I was stalling.

Finally, at close to noon, I decided it was time, so I drove over. The parking lot was pretty crowded and there were women coming and going.

I entered and was pleasantly greeted by the receptionist. I showed her the card and she called one of the sales reps., Vicky, to attend to me.

Vicky introduced herself and we chatted about how I was going to the 30-minute center but figured that after a while I'd probably need to "move up" to the gym, which, I told her, since I hadn't been in a gym since high school was a pretty scary place to me.

She laughed and said that she'd show me around, but first I had to fill out a "guest form." Basically, the form recorded my contact information (for later follow-up marketing), some boxes on why I wanted to join (also for marketing) a scale for how enthusiastic I was about joining, and a generic release form.

After I filled out the form, she took me on a complete (yes, complete) tour of the gym, classroom, day spa, and shower/locker room.

She really took her time and answered all of my questions about the proper use of the equipment, availability of personal trainers, best hours, classes, and so on.

She was very pleasant and nice, even, at one point admiring my pink gem-encrusted wristwatch (naturally, in true girl mode, I told her where I got it, etc.).

Then we went into a windowed cubicle and she went over the program with me.

Lastly, she offered me a free "VIP" pass for three days so that I could try out the various services and equipment.

Here's the question, ladies, I really wouldn't consider joining for at least six more months, and I don't want marketing call after marketing call, so should I take her up on her offer?

Here's a picture of me when I returned from the gym.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/100_1508D.jpg

Emily Anderson
01-28-2009, 07:25 PM
What kind of game are you playing?

Persephone
01-28-2009, 07:30 PM
What kind of game are you playing?

I'm sorry, Emily, but I don't quite understand. Could you clarify your question?

Butterfly Bill
01-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Since you aren't a real woman, and someone is going to find out somehow sometime especially if there are locker rooms and showers, they might be too pleased when they find out, and they might even be calling on the law, a law that might could get a sex offender label put on you. I would just call it a thrill and never go in there again. You are cruising for a bruising.

StephanieT
01-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Since you are posting in the MTF section, I am assuming you are a GM. Did you tell the marketing person you are a guy? That could be a problem to start. Are you taking hormones? Do you plan to transition? If you are only a CD then I would say joining that gym is a no-no. If you are transitioning then I would say you need to be upfront with the gym before you join.

beenherelongtime
01-28-2009, 10:03 PM
i wouldn't take the chance, there could be legal problems.

Persephone
01-29-2009, 01:49 AM
“>> Can private businesses discriminate against customers or clients?

“No. California law requires businesses to treat all customers and prospective customers equally without arbitrary discrimination based on personal characteristics such as race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or medical condition. The Unruh Civil Rights Act forbids this type of discrimination by all sorts of business establishments from restaurants to movie theaters to nightclubs, from medical facilities to schools, from motels to health clubs. It covers nonprofit as well as for-profit agencies."

"Businesses sometimes post signs saying they 'reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.' Proprietors may refuse to serve customers on a nondiscriminatory basis, such as refusing to serve those who are not wearing shoes, for example, but they may not impose special rules about clothing or other aspects of personal appearance as a way of screening out customers based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or other prohibited personal characteristics. The Unruh Civil Rights Act is found at section 51 of the Government Code.”

From The State Bar of California, “Your Rights and Resources” 2006 Edition, Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identiy Discriminaton at http://calbar.ca.gov/calbar/pdfs/comcom/CSOGID_Rights-Resources.pdf

DawnRodgers
01-29-2009, 02:01 AM
It would seem wise to inquire about the policies of the gym. After all it seems to be a woman's gym and would you ever want to use the locker/shower room? The other customers might not be so agreeable to a CD amongst them. If you are a TS then the barriers are lower but, actually, it really depends upon your ayyitude, purpose and presentation.

ColleenShivas
01-29-2009, 02:03 AM

“No. California law requires businesses to treat all customers and prospective customers equally without arbitrary discrimination based on personal characteristics such as race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or medical condition. The Unruh Civil Rights Act forbids this type of discrimination by all sorts of business establishments from restaurants to movie theaters to nightclubs, from medical facilities to schools, from motels to health clubs. It covers nonprofit as well as for-profit agencies."

"Businesses sometimes post signs saying they 'reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.' Proprietors may refuse to serve customers on a nondiscriminatory basis, such as refusing to serve those who are not wearing shoes, for example, but they may not impose special rules about clothing or other aspects of personal appearance as a way of screening out customers based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or other prohibited personal characteristics. The Unruh Civil Rights Act is found at section 51 of the Government Code.”

From The State Bar of California, “Your Rights and Resources” 2006 Edition, Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identiy Discriminaton at http://calbar.ca.gov/calbar/pdfs/comcom/CSOGID_Rights-Resources.pdf

So here is a question for the lawyers among us. Assuming that hiding our true identity as GMs might open us up to sexual-offender charges, should we declare ourselves on the application form as "Gender - other: m2f" ? If there is no place to do so, should we discuss our dilemma with the membership recruiter?

Emily Anderson
01-29-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry, Emily, but I don't quite understand. Could you clarify your question?

Butterfly Bill understood and provided the answer. It's a dangerous game.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-30-2009, 03:07 PM
The answer is NO - you sound like you are caught up in the PINK FOG - it is not going to have a happy ending - DON"T DO IT

JoAnne Wheeler

Christina Nicole
01-30-2009, 06:52 PM

Yes and no. They can't throw you out, but many states have protections against voyeurs in the locker room facilities for the opposite sex. You better check with your family attorney before you go further. Or, just stay out of the locker room and other "private" areas. I'd recommend checking with your attorney.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

lynette135
01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
If this blows up on you .
We may be reading this on the nightly news !
I read so many great issues on here, and I would not like the Bad public out cry if this venture becomes an issue we have to many Bad Raps as Cd TG !
We have come so far and I would hate to see this be a step back in the Public Eye.
If my GG went to a place and someone showed up in false presentation in her locker area she would Open a Large Can of Woop Ass ! Just me I guess
Im not in favore
Respect is awesome and Pushing the Tide is Wreckless
Thanks for the time
Lynette Hunter
My GG is a full Fledged supporter of All of us Tg and cd Ladys !!!

Emily Anderson
01-30-2009, 08:38 PM
If this blows up on you .
We may be reading this on the nightly news !!

I was thinking exactly this last night, and how we might be seeing you or someone just like you on the next Jerry Springer.

Such a shame that some CD's choose to go that route and perpetuate a bad name for the rest of us.