PDA

View Full Version : Dejavu?

Cissy Suzie
06-15-2005, 09:12 PM
This is just remotely connected to crossdressing, but it is sort of!

So, I haven''t made a big secret about my history. No not the crossdressing, but the subversive, counterculture, sort of rock and roll hippie freak I was and still am to some extent.

Today I experieced the oddest sort of not really DeJavu, but sort of.

Years ago I was at a rock festival, I was working for the Atlanta Community Bail Bond Fund, bascially I had a free pass to the festival and walked around panhandling money for the community. It was meant to be spent for defence of drug offences and other things connected with like civil disobidience.

I happened to have a pocket full of Black Beauties, caps full of Dexadrine, Speed, woo hoo! Eat a couple and stay awake for 2 days! Due to that I managed to aquire a backstage pass!! Woo Hoo!!! I might as well have died and gone to Heaven! I sat on stage during a Led Zepplin set ... this was their first US tour.

At some point during the weekend I was lounging against a fence and watched a helicopter land, and 4 or 5 Hells Angels jumped out, on their back, it said Hells Angels .... San Francisco! I was like wat da hell ?!! Right behind them jumped out a petite little woman with a king size Dixie Cup in her hand.

It was Janis Joplin!

I managed to get my self together and walk over near the landing area, just as Janis walked past and into the artist area. I yelled "Hi Janis!" She looked over and walked right up to me and smiled right in my face and said, "Hey cutie! Damn, you look good enough to be a girl!" She giggled and the bikers laughed out loud, and they all walked away.

So the DeJavu?

Today one of my clients came to the shop to pick up an order, she sort of resembles Janis Joplin. She isn't really beautiful, but has some sort of extreme femininity, she just is sooooo .... girly! I don't know any other way to explain it.

Anyway, I carried her stuff out to her car, then I was showing her the new car I just bought. She suddenly looked at me and said, "Damn, you look good enough to be a girl!"

It required at least a week of discussion or just a nervous little laugh. I laughed nervously.

How odd!

wilma
06-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Janis is alive and living in Atlanta Georgia. LOL Wilma

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-15-2005, 09:43 PM
I bet it was her.

azure
06-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Youve met Janis Joplin......ok Im impressed now..yup!!!!!

samanthajay
06-15-2005, 10:02 PM
:D dude but dosnt that stuff freak you out? you see bible thumpers tell you there is only two ways you can go if you pass away. im christian but i also know that some times we dont always go to one of thoses two places you can be a spirit roming the earth until death is ready for you or be reincarnated. god know everyone is not always go his way but if your good and do good things you will have a paridise or other ways. as for your experiance reicarnation might not be out of the question ;)

and btw you do look pritty enough to be a girl :shh:

Jen_TGCD
06-15-2005, 10:34 PM
:eek: OH MY GOD ! ! ! :eek: You actually talked to Janis!!!!!!!!! :eek: You actually watched John Bonham play drums!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG>>>OMG>>>OMG>>> ........I feel faint ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

:p You are truly fortunate that you even remember that much of it!

Okay... I've used up all my smilies... so back to the topic!

Janis was, according to the underground gossip, known to be bisexual... so having her saying, "Hey cutie! Damn, you look good enough to be a girl!", was a real compliment.

So... 40 years later you get the same "compliment"? Hey... you are definitely doing something right!

She isn't really beautiful, but has some sort of extreme femininity, she just is sooooo .... girly! I don't know any other way to explain it.

And, I know exactly what you mean about the woman not being beautiful but extremely feminine. My experience noticing this phenomena was when we were having an alarm installed in the store... by a larger-than-normal woman. I was kind of like... what is this... women's lib... or something. Well... the more I worked with her, the more I noticed how really feminine she was... even if she could toss aroung 60 pound boxes of equipment and had more knowledge of electronics than most engineers. Every once-in-awhile, she would reach over and just rest her hand on my arm... the touching thing that women do. Or the way she talked about her husband and family with such love.

Well, by the time she was finished, I was totally fascinated with her. I wanted her to teach me how to be that feminine... and I almost asked... but didn't. [...bummer] She probably wasn't even conscious of it. But I saw it... and I understood!!!

Anyway... great story... past and present ! ! !

Stay Girly, Suzie ! ! ! ! ! !

[Gawd... I need more smilies!!!]

Wenda
06-15-2005, 11:18 PM
great story! Those are the moments that you may not realize are huge at the moment, but, because you remember them so clearly, there must be some sub-conscious awareness telling your brain, "this is really big, remember this in detail!" It's only after years of experiences, continually re-classifying the significant events in your life, and when these events persist in their significance in your life, that you come to appreciate how unique it was. Neat encounter! wenda.

Sharon
06-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Very cool Suzie!!! I've had the fortune of meeting a few people in my time, but I am so jealous that you met Janis.
And she was right! :)

eleventhdr
06-16-2005, 05:34 AM
Yes most very interesting that you did meet Janis Joplin But not really that she could see beyond the surface that you are very perhaps a girl inside it takes another girls to see a girl. which is besides itself remarkable for how many of us have maybe had this experience But then if you are female inside it will show to a reall GG. AS far as deja vu goes this to me is nothing new since i myself have been here in many pervious livetimes and am really looking forward to going bacxk and being female yet again very perhaps in some past times once again. I have experienced deja vu in this lifetime and am now very much in touch with the whole reincarnation stuff once again perhaps it is due to the many past lives i have lived. Thsi enableing me to feel deja vu perhaps it is way over due to be able to know and be able to have this ablitiy on whatever level it might come to be but it is here in this body and life time maybe because at long last i am finally beginning to understand something about much more then just living one life at a time but am now in touch with the whole of the experience of it all in whatever shape and form it may now come in. Anyway nice to know that there are others who maybe are having the very same over all of whatever this might come to be or pass . To quote it very simply the real truth is out there. Hope this does make some sense. Thank's Suzy Ann Hey maybe i vcan even hang on to my pass word this time around ha ha!.

eleventhdr
06-16-2005, 05:40 AM
More later Thank's Suzy!

sarah
06-16-2005, 07:43 AM
You lived my dream first led zepplin ,wow, dexdrine double wow, and then janis ,take me to the bridge. :clap:

Stephanie Brooks
06-16-2005, 07:55 AM
WOW! Very cool!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Teddie
06-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Can we all say Woodstock '69 :dance:

Tristen Cox
06-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Yes most very interesting that you did meet Janis Joplin But not really that she could see beyond the surface that you are very perhaps a girl inside it takes another girls to see a girl. which is besides itself remarkable for how many of us have maybe had this experience But then if you are female inside it will show to a reall GG. AS far as deja vu goes this to me is nothing new since i myself have been here in many pervious livetimes and am really looking forward to going bacxk and being female yet again very perhaps in some past times once again. I have experienced deja vu in this lifetime and am now very much in touch with the whole reincarnation stuff once again perhaps it is due to the many past lives i have lived. Thsi enableing me to feel deja vu perhaps it is way over due to be able to know and be able to have this ablitiy on whatever level it might come to be but it is here in this body and life time maybe because at long last i am finally beginning to understand something about much more then just living one life at a time but am now in touch with the whole of the experience of it all in whatever shape and form it may now come in. Anyway nice to know that there are others who maybe are having the very same over all of whatever this might come to be or pass . To quote it very simply the real truth is out there. Hope this does make some sense. Thank's Suzy Ann Hey maybe i vcan even hang on to my pass word this time around ha ha!.

Was wondering what happened to you Suzy, if you ever need a password reminder just let me know and I can get it to you. Great to see you around. :cool:

Stephenie
06-16-2005, 09:29 AM
I had tickets to see Led Zipplen once, My boss said I couldn't have the night off. First job I ever quit.

Wendy me
06-16-2005, 09:35 AM
your not alone ....check this out ...http://skepdic.com/dejavu.html

Natalie x
06-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Sorry to be so English, but what's a dixie cup?

Tristen Cox
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Just a little wax paper cup.

Julie York
06-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Hmmmmmm......Led Zeppelin..........Lucky you.
Yeah...what is a Dixie cup?

Wendy me
06-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Hmmmmmm......Led Zeppelin..........Lucky you.
Yeah...what is a Dixie cup?

is that a southen bra ???????????????

Cissy Suzie
06-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Sorry to be so English, but what's a dixie cup?

Ha! Ha! A Dixie Cup ... I don't even think they make them any more, but they were paper cups, and they were about the ONLY brand of paper cups around back then, at least in the Southern States.

The reason I remembered the cup so vividly was because it was HUGE and obviously filled to the brim with Southern Comfort and ice. Joplin was well known for drinking Southern Comfort, and that evening when she appeared on stage, she was still carrying that big cup with her!

Cissy Suzie
06-16-2005, 06:08 PM
I have been looking on the web and can't find anything about the First Atlanta Pop Festival, it was July 4th weekend in 1969. That is where I saw Janis, Zepplin, Procol Harum, and more bands than I can remember, I think even Canned Heat played a set. It was pretty cool fun for a kid like me.

I did, however, find an unteresting link, I also attended the Second Atlanta Pop Festival, it was July 4th weekend 1970. This festival was HUGE! It was easilly as large as Woodstock.

I didn't have any VIP status passes or anything but I did see Jimi Hendrix playing the national anthem at midnite complete with fireworks! I spent about 6 days there and saw things that you simply would not belive.

Imagine Dwayne Allman jamming with Johnny Winter at a free stage miles from the official music area, the Hog Farm serving pork and beans that you could see pills floating in, right next to the stage!

OK that is about enough! I won't go on anymore about any of this stuff it just started because of what a woman said yesterday :)

Hee hee clik the link to get a little taste of how it was in the South in 1970 :eek:
http://www.classicrockpage.com/newslet/issues/aug11.htm

JoAnnDallas
06-16-2005, 06:20 PM
My brother-in-law and I have been friends since we were teens. Before he married my sister, we used to go to this little place in Allen's landing (Houston,TX) to a place called the "Cellar Door" and listen to the house band. The house band's and was(is) "ZZTop".

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Dixie still makes little cheap crappor, I mean paper, cups, and I think even paper plates and plastic utensils, mmm classy.

wewt 500th post.

Jen_TGCD
06-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Wow!!! So many ladies giving away their age!!! :p

Hee hee clik the link to get a little taste of how it was in the South in 1970
http://www.classicrockpage.com/newslet/issues/aug11.htm

:thumbsup: Really enjoyed this link... spent a long time going down memory lane... it was fun.

Now... regarding the "Dixie Cup". I was kind of amazed... this paper cup guy was actually a "good guy". Did a lot of work in his later years to help people worldwide. Who would have thought.

Link to his bio ... http://ww2.lafayette.edu/~library/special/dixie/bio.html

It was also difficult finding a good photo of a stupid "Dixie Cup" to share with those who don't know what they are. This pic is best I could find... and with a reference to the very popular singing group!!! :D

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-17-2005, 02:15 AM
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/08.09.01/gifs/spirit2-0132.jpg