PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Abby Lauren
01-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Tonight, I re-visited a Radio Shack store that I had gone to the previous night. Both times, i was served by a young man with long slicked-back hair and sculpted eyebrows who was petite (he called it "vertically challenged") and was slim. I was almost positive he was "one of us". I was dressing him up in my mind and i thought he would look quite beautiful because he had frail features and high cheekbones.
Since there are so many TG's where I currently live in South Florida who are in the closet (I learned that from various sources- eg, URNotalone), I was very sorely tempted to ask him if he was TG and to start a conversation with him.
I chose not to but I was wondering if anybody in a similar situation ever brought this issue up with a complete stranger. I would be interested in your answers even if you just see it as a hypothetical situation that you hadn't yet experienced.

Beth785
01-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Personally, I wouldn't have said anything myself. I think I would be mortified if I was just out to the hardware store, or even just the grocery store and some total stranger came up to me and asked me that, even if the intentions were good. IF he was one of us, he may be in denial and not want to admit it to anyone, even himself. Also, he could be just a "metrosexual". Clean groomed and prim and proper, but still very much not a cd. I would hate to open my mouth, insert foot, and make a complete arse out of myself.

Jess_cd32
01-30-2009, 04:12 AM
I agree, you did right by not asking that. If you were that curious there may have been some conversation you could have made with him to approach the subject, but asking flat out, no.

Joanne f
01-30-2009, 04:14 AM
I also personally think that you should not directly ask him if he is TG, but you could start a conversation from your side , something like " you are lucky i have to pluck my eyebrows to get them to look like that but yours look so natural " and then you can judge from the answer if he wants to communicate about it or not.

Paulacder
01-30-2009, 04:33 AM
I also ran across a individual at a local Dairy Farmers while buying gas. Going in the store to pay for the gas that I had put in my car, I was met buy a very young, rather tall individual. Definately a "CUTIE".... His long hair was pulled back in a pony tail, eyebrows were arched and tweezed to a thin line. He wore at least a one inch pair of hoop ear rings. I didn't want to stare but his eye lashes looked to be curled showing a touch of mascara. My plans are to continue buying gas at this location and maby striking up a conversation if no other customers are around.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-30-2009, 01:31 PM
I think that we should never OUT a SISTER or a possible or potential SISTER
out of respect and courtesy

JoAnne Whheler

vikki2020
01-30-2009, 03:10 PM
If you are able to go "out and about", why don't you go in dressed, and see if he comments?

Karen564
01-30-2009, 04:34 PM
I personally wouldn't say or do anything that would disrespect his right to privacy. but don't see anything wrong with complimenting him in a nice way about his grooming abilities if I was impressed by it, but that's about as far as I would go.

Karen

Lora Olivia
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I have to agree with Karen. Maybe strike up a convo about grooming and see where it leads. I don't think it polite or appropriate to ask a direct question as to his gender identity or expression.

tamarav
01-30-2009, 05:30 PM
This is where being an openly crossdressing hairstylist pays off. I would have told him I liked his brows and thought he was "well put together". In fact, I may have asked if he waxed his brows and where he got them done. That generally leads on to more conversation and you either get chased out of the store or end up talking to a new person.

If they were uncomfortable with their look, they wouldn't wear it...

CD Susan
01-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Was he wearing a ring on his right hand pinky finger? Members of "Pinky Pals" do this to identify themselves to others in the know that they are cd. I have been doing this since I became a member eight months ago.

Joanne f
01-31-2009, 05:02 AM
Was he wearing a ring on his right hand pinky finger? Members of "Pinky Pals" do this to identify themselves to others in the know that they are cd. I have been doing this since I became a member eight months ago.

So that's why i keep having men smile at me :lol:

Darla Claire
01-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Some of us engineer types have been wearing steel pinky rings for years! But for different reasons. :)

Darla

Abby Lauren
02-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback, girls. I was so sorely tempted to mention something just to open up a conversation that might have helped this person feel it's OK to be TG but, because I agree with most of you, I didn't. Yet, somehow, it seems a shame to miss the opportunity to help a sister out.