PDA

View Full Version : I told My Dad I'm CD'ing

Katie Ashe
06-15-2005, 10:12 PM
After much long debat... I told my Parents tonight (Real Dad & Step Mom). I was pretty scared. After all the horror stories I read about, I darn near had an ulser leading up tonight. I broken the news to him and he laughed. He said I was worried for nothing, it doesn't change who I am, If I'm happy that's all he cares about... then we hugged for a few min. I can't describe the joy I had and even got teary eyed. My wife told my mom at the same time and accually thought I was gay, but, was releaved to hear different, not that it would be any problem. She said I can come over in drab and hang out if I wanted. All is good tonight :thumbsup: Both parents know and they support me 100%. I wish the world was as open minded like them. This is the short version of tonight, and wanted to share with you. I want to thank all of you for your support, since I joined this forum. It is wonderful to have someone that can relate with me.

Hugs, Katie

wilma
06-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Katie I'm so happy for you. It took a lot of courage and it paid off. LOL Wilma

Holly
06-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Katie, congratulations to you on your courage and your parents on their incredible compassion and understanding.

CharleneCD
06-15-2005, 10:47 PM
Katie, heres one place where you have alot more courage than me. I havnt been able to tell any of my family. Im so happy it went well for you.

Daniel
06-15-2005, 11:26 PM
I would guess that is a best-case scenario. Operative word: GUESS. I'm only 20, so I wouldn't know the "spectrum" of possible responses.

What "horror stories" have you read? Just curious.

orchard
06-15-2005, 11:37 PM
good for you!

spaskinstyle
06-15-2005, 11:59 PM
So nice to hear such a wonderful happy ending! Or is it the beginning?

Good for you sweetie,

Theresa

Crystal Harmony
06-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Good for you girl,feels good to get it of your chest :)

Tristen Cox
06-16-2005, 01:20 AM
Well done Katie. Now you get to feel that burden wonderfully lifted from your shoulders. Good news indeed :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Olivia
06-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Hey that's great news. I know from personal experience that that acceptance is indeed priceless. I am proud of the way you handled it and you must be so proud of your parents. Way to go girl! Olivia

Stephenie
06-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Katie,
I'm so happy for you. To have such a supportive family (wife, mom and dad) You must be on cloud 9.

Wendy me
06-16-2005, 09:17 AM
good for you and i bet you feel so mutch more freeer.........

racquel
06-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Exellent news,am very happy for you and your family as they can finally really get to know you. :thumbsup:

DonnaT
06-16-2005, 12:03 PM
That's nice to hear Katie :thumbsup:
Congratulations on having the courage to tell them, and for them understanding.

Andreia_Br
06-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Wow Katie! That's great!
When my father found out about the hormones I've been taking and my boyfriend, he was pretty upset. We were never very close, so our relationship didn't really change. We just don't talk about it and decided never to tell my mother or my brother. I'm sure my mother is suspicious. One day she asked if my breast were larger than normal or if I'm shaving my legs because I never wear shorts when I'm at my folk's house. She's always asking me if have any girlfriend or if I'll ever get married. Sometimes, I wish I could answer her:"Oh yes, when I just need to find a nice man to marry me!" :) Obvoulsy she would freak out!
I'm glad you have such a supportive family.

Ariel_TV
06-16-2005, 12:16 PM
That great news , i am happy for you :)

Melissa A.
06-16-2005, 12:21 PM
It's always great to hear good news like this. Supportive families are priceless. Congratulations, Katie. Must make you feel like a million bucks.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Kimberly
06-16-2005, 01:12 PM
From many posts on this forum, I think family can be the most accepting of all:

Parents don't care what we do, they love us unconditionally. I may get annoyed with my mum a lot, but I still love her unconditionally... and vice versa. It must be the reason she does all the domesticated stuff for us as a family. - I'd gladly take it off her hands if I could do it in a maids uniform ;)

Joking aside, I'm telling my parents about my dressing v soon = I see our moving house an opportunity to out myself, rather than something that is forcing a confession.

Elysia
06-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Congratulations Katie

I will never… at least, I can’t imagine ever, telling my parents about my cross-dressing. Still, I’m now 40 and we’re not close. Honestly, I amazed that they don’t know; it really must have been pretty obvious when I was growing up, had they been paying attention.

It sounds like you have some nice folks Katie.

Katie Ashe
06-17-2005, 07:36 AM
I wanted to thank all of you for your support. My dad means alot ot me and the rest of the family isn't as understanding. Anyways to celebrate I got my ears pierced for the first time last night... cloud nine is something to speak of. I love you all, and thanks for the support you've giving me. :Power:

Katie

paulaN
06-17-2005, 08:10 AM
wonderful news, and your ears pierced too. wow you are on cloud nine. I'm so happy for you.

Maddie Knight
06-17-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm soo glad you have such understanding parents, I only wish mine were the same. My dad is soo prujudice about everything I don't think I could ever tell them.