PDA

View Full Version : Need some more advice please...

mykhelee
01-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Some of you are aware of my growing romance with Cherly, my first GF in over four years. I keep my legs shaved pretty much all of the time and choose my clothing so as to not show my rather hairy chest.
Cheryl has asked if I would be willing to shave neck down. This may seem odd but my male identity is very strongly tied to the aforementioned hairy chest. I am uncertain how as to move forward with this. So, a question:
How long does it take for the hair to grow back after shaving? With my legs the hair grows back to a reasonable summer length in about six weeks.
As our relationship is in the early stages I would hate to shave and then be in remorse when I go out because of the change in appearence. I tend towards the biker look when in drab and the lack of chest hair would be well noted by those I hang out with who are unaware I dress.
Sorry to ramble but with any new relationship there are so many pitfalls. You ladies are the only ones I can turn too....
Thanx,
Khelli

gennee
01-30-2009, 01:59 PM
I have hair on my chest which I shave off. Six weeks may be about right as to how long it takes to grow back. Maybe you can shave some hair.

Gennee

:)

Celeste
01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
It should take about the same amount of time as your leg hair,but I would lean toward making your new girlfriend happy even if it meant putting the biker dudes on hold a few extra weeks , and if she really approved of it I wouldn't grow it back.

Deborah Jane
01-30-2009, 02:11 PM
One solution i found that worked for me when i still wanted to keep my chest hair was.....
Stick with tops which mean you don,t have to shave everything off [i.e. T,shirt type necks], then just shave off the bit off you could see, thus leaving your hairy chest mostly intact.

I,ve also found the hair on my chest seems to grow back faster than the hair on my legs.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I'll be glad to trade you my Spouse for your GF - my Spouse loves male body hair - I hate it - if you will throw in a good razor, I 'll swap you

JoAnne Wheeler

Jennifer_Cross
01-30-2009, 10:27 PM
OK.... Now listen up!! HAIR is one thing I'm expert on ok?
Being folically challenged from my teens, I'm a MALE baldy and VERY proud of it! And YES! the women love it too...

Now, being blone in a former life, I'm not blessed with a hairy body at all... BUT... one thing I have notice over the years is that women actually do like it. They always comment that my chest is smooth and they liked it.

My lovely GG (wife to be) loves my legs (not hairy) and like me shaved below.

DON'T worry about how long it takes to grow back (about 2 months) Just enjoy!

Jen

Nicole Erin
01-30-2009, 10:39 PM
I have hair on my chest which I shave off. Six weeks may be about right as to how long it takes to grow back.

:)

Sounds about like my experience.

ColleenShivas
01-31-2009, 01:30 AM
I have shaved both my legs and chest (just the upper chest because my wife likes the hair over the "rounded" part!). They grow back in about the same time - except the upper chest is now totally gray.

I say - indulge your new GF, and if the bikers notice tell them you needed hairless skin to apply ointment for a rash. But I bet they won't notice.

Karren H
01-31-2009, 02:10 AM
For me I always did my last shave of the season on month before I needed to expose my male self!! Lol. But here's an idea.. Why not epilate your chest? It will come back thinner so you won't have as hairy a chest to contend with! That's wat I've been doing.. And my chest is barely hairy at all which I love!!

Jonianne
01-31-2009, 06:40 AM
.......This may seem odd but my male identity is very strongly tied to the aforementioned hairy chest.......

That is not odd to me. That is also one way I maintain my sense of masculinity. It's OK to tell her you are not comfortable with it. Boundries and groundrules are for our comfort as well. I keep well covered and only dress in the cooler months. I'm happy that way.

Sheila
01-31-2009, 07:02 AM
I keep my legs shaved pretty much all of the time and choose my clothing so as to not show my rather hairy chest.
Cheryl has asked if I would be willing to shave neck down. This may seem odd but my male identity is very strongly tied to the aforementioned hairy chest. I am uncertain how as to move forward with this. So, a question:

As our relationship is in the early stages I would hate to shave and then be in remorse when I go out because of the change in appearence. I tend towards the biker look when in drab and the lack of chest hair would be well noted by those I hang out with who are unaware I dress.Khelli

Khelli, talking and compromise, can I ask you have you actually said to Cheryl the reason why you don't shave your chest hair, is the fact that " my male identity is very strongly tied to the hairy chest" and that you are perfectly happy presenting as male"

I have shaved both my legs and chest (just the upper chest because my wife likes the hair over the "rounded" part!). They grow back in about the same time - except the upper chest is now totally gray.

I say - indulge your new GF, and if the bikers notice tell them you needed hairless skin to apply ointment for a rash. But I bet they won't notice.

it is great that you and your wife have reached a compromise that works for both of you, but as I jump on those that say "DO it it is your body, whats it got to do with her anyway brigade", I can't help but say to Khelli, again both of you have to be happy with things else discord will/could set in. You have to live your life in both modes as this is your choice & if you are going to be unconfortable with it then maybe at this time it is not for you :hugs:

insearchofme
01-31-2009, 07:08 AM
I am very hairy but wax from the neck to the legs. There are many facets to my male idenity, body hair is a very minor part.

Keep your GF happy! Hair grows back a GF may not.

Mollyanne
01-31-2009, 07:21 AM
Being that you asked; If you are concerned about your friend's reaction w/regard to not"seeing chest hair" I can't see the relevance to the friendship, its either they like you or they don't!!!!! What would they say if one day you lost all your hair??? Would they "tar and feather you and run you outta' town on a rail" If you are bending for them in this manner(hairy chest) then I will tell you this friendship is awfully one sided!!!

Mollyanne

PS: Try the GF's suggestion!!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!

Sheila
01-31-2009, 07:28 AM
Being that you asked; If you are concerned about your friend's reaction w/regard to not"seeing chest hair" I can't see the relevance to the friendship, its either they like you or they don't!!!!! What would they say if one day you lost all your hair??? Would they "tar and feather you and run you outta' town on a rail" If you are bending for them in this manner(hairy chest) then I will tell you this friendship is awfully one sided!!!
Mollyanne
PS: Try the GF's suggestion!!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!

Khelli, had that to say in her original post and the most telling point for me was her view of her hair chest and it's importance to her male identity for her

Cheryl has asked if I would be willing to shave neck down. This may seem odd but my male identity is very strongly tied to the aforementioned hairy chest. I am uncertain how as to move forward with this.
As our relationship is in the early stages I would hate to shave and then be in remorse when I go out because of the change in appearence. I tend towards the biker look when in drab and the lack of chest hair would be well noted by those I hang out with who are unaware I dress.

Carole Cross
01-31-2009, 07:53 AM
Khelli, I have found that my chest hair seems to grow more quickly than my leg hair. I cant say how long it will take to grow back because I epilate it to keep it hair free. i uesd to have a lot of hair but since I first removed it, I want to keep it that way. :D

Lanore
01-31-2009, 08:03 AM
NO HAIR WANTED! Well, except on my head. My body hair grows very slow and that is oh so nice. I don't believe my girls would look or feel very good with hair on them.

Juliemckay
01-31-2009, 08:17 AM
As someone how has very little body hair, I can't understand the male attraction to having it. Keep in mind my male side is pretty macho (I played college football and was a pretty good athlete). I have been shaving my legs since 10th grade (for reasons other than CD'ing) and my SO has never given it a second thought about it being a femme thing. Around a year ago my wife aske (more of a dare really) to shave "down there" (I won't go into the details how this came about). I did it, and I'll never go back to having any body hair.

Note the avatar... that's my chest in it's natural state

SexxxyDJ
01-31-2009, 01:01 PM
Khelli, I think I would go ahead and shave and if any of the "guys" give you a hard time about it, show them a picture of Cherly and say "Wouldn't you shave your chest for her if she asked?" enuf said.

MissConstrued
01-31-2009, 04:06 PM
I tend towards the biker look when in drab and the lack of chest hair would be well noted by those I hang out with who are unaware I dress.

How would they know? You hang around them shirtless?

I remain flabbergasted at how many MEN are afraid of a little teasing from their friends! Anyone who gives you a real bad time (not just teasing) isn't your friend anyway. I had some of that kind of "friends" once. Got rid of them. I've said it before. Your real friends like you for who you are, not what you pretend to be.

Dish it right back out at them, after you tell the truth: "My girlfriend likes it that way. She's kinky. By the way, is that your face, Bruce, or did your dog throw up on your neck?"

On the other hand, it's still your call, regardless of the girlfriend. If you feel all the testosterone will leave your body, and you'll want to paint your motorcycle pink if you shave your chest, then don't do it. She'll understand.

Michelia
01-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Sense of male identity or not,

Your priorities are upside down.

Make that girl happy!

The hell with those dudes!

AshleyF
01-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Shave it all off.

ahleahrose1963
01-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Hair is gross! shave it all off ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandiwvr
01-31-2009, 09:23 PM
fortunate to not have any hair on chest. dont understand why you would want it either. will get afew around my nips, 4 or 5. and thats it. epilator is great and i little painful in certain areas but well worth it. thanks karren.

Nicki B
02-01-2009, 12:08 AM
This may seem odd but my male identity is very strongly tied to the aforementioned hairy chest. I am uncertain how as to move forward with this.

Khelli, why not try shaving it and just see how it makes you feel? Wear a tee-shirt while biking, regardless - but you may find, once you get used to removing hair, that you prefer it like that?

Chrissy be good
02-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Shave it off and if your biker friends notice, tell them you went for a tattoo. You shaved before you went and your artist didn't have enough time to fit you in.

DonnaT
02-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Khelli, why not try shaving it and just see how it makes you feel? Wear a tee-shirt while biking, regardless - but you may find, once you get used to removing hair, that you prefer it like that?

I agree with Nicki.

If you want hair for yourself, then regrow it, but don't regrow it just because of what your biker friends might think.

If you find you like the shaved look/experience, then tell them your GF asked you to, and you like it like that now.

If you don't like it, just tell your GF you tried, for her.

mykhelee
02-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I am heading over to Cheryl's Sat. for dinner and a sleepover. If she brings it up I have decided to let her go ahead and do a neck down shave. Thank you for all the views and commentary as well.
Peace,
Khelli

Patty
02-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Shave the chest hair--make her happy and you wil enjoy it.

Sally2005
02-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Just do it. Later on, if she dumps you, just use the excuse that she didn't like hairy men. Personally, I never thought hair looks that great on anyone's upper body.

I second the waxing or epilating though. Who wants stubble on their chest?

jillleanne
02-03-2009, 06:59 AM
Takes about the same length of time as your legs. Did anyone remember to mention the "5 day itch" that comes with it growing back? And for the one that is sleeping with you; picky, picky, picky. The itch part in the lower extremities is nerve-racking for a few days but it passes.

mykhelee
02-03-2009, 07:29 AM
I have been shaving the down below area for many years, I prefer the floor to be bare and the curtaons to be long and flowing. Never experienced any itch issue when allowing leg or facial hair to grow back.

Alicia Neal
03-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Some of you are aware of my growing romance with Cherly, my first GF in over four years. I keep my legs shaved pretty much all of the time and choose my clothing so as to not show my rather hairy chest.
How long does it take for the hair to grow back after shaving? With my legs the hair grows back to a reasonable summer length in about six weeks.
Sorry to ramble but with any new relationship there are so many pitfalls. You ladies are the only ones I can turn too....
Thanx,
Khelli

I hate hair on my body so I would not know I have not let hair grow on my body in years.

Beth-Lock
03-07-2009, 08:03 PM
In my experience, it grows back too darn quickly.

Angie G
03-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Just do it Mykhelee I think you'll love it.If not let it grow back. The benefits of shaving from you new GF may be well worth it.:hugs:
Angie