PDA

View Full Version : now what?

elaineg
01-31-2009, 12:00 AM
I am one of the fortunate ones. My Wife and our Daughter both know and are very supportive of Elaine.
The problem is that my Daughter and her best Friend had a falling out. They were very close; when my daughter found out about me she needed to talk to someone and told her friend. The friend has had no problem with me at all she asked if I was mad at her, I told her just disappointed in the choices she and her boyfriend were making. I am sure that my other self is safe.
I went shopping tonight and had a little thought in my mine that what if the girl and her boyfriend see me?
I know this is just silly to be worrying about this, Just wish they were still friends.

Hugs Elaine

Joanne f
01-31-2009, 05:19 AM
That is one of the virtues of being out , once you are out you will never know who knows, but worrying about it will not do you any good , so stop that worrying .

Nigella
01-31-2009, 05:32 AM
The old saying of the cat being out of the bag certainly stands true with our activities.

If you are prepared to tell just one person, you must be prepared to tell the world. Our daughter accepted her dad as "another woman", she asked if she could tell her friends, but this was only after I went 24/7. Prior to that, and to the best of my knowledge, she never told another soul.

There is no point worrying if you will be "outed" further, just get on with your life and go with the flow.

Kelsy
01-31-2009, 05:35 AM
Your secret is not your own once you tell anyone but what is the worse that can happen?

Kelsy

Teri Jean
01-31-2009, 08:18 AM
Yes don't worry about it and have fun. There are enough that know in my life it is just a matter of time before it is out to all. Huggs Keli

JoAnne Wheeler
01-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Once you are out - you are really OUT - you cannot ever control it -- I hope everything works out

JoAnne Wheeler

Jenny Beth
01-31-2009, 10:44 AM
I am in a very similar situation. My daughter had a falling out with one of her closest friends, one who has seen me dressed. My first thoughts were that this could be bad for me but after close to two years nothing has come back to haunt me. I'm not worried about it though, my daughter has other friends who know and I can't control who says what to who. If I sat here and contemplated all the "what if's" I'd be a nervous wreck. Instead I have always trusted my daughter's judgement on who she's let in on my/our secret. I don't doubt there's been some gossip but gossip doesn't last long before something else comes along that's better.

docrobbysherry
01-31-2009, 11:01 AM
That is one of the virtues of being out , once you are out you will never know who knows, but worrying about it will not do you any good , so stop that worrying .

That is the virtue of staying in the closet!:)

I NEVER lose any sleep, (like Elaine may be doing), worrying about, "WHO KNOWS ABOUT ME"?!:eek:

MissConstrued
01-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Benjamin Franklin said it best: "Three can keep a secret -- if two of them are dead."

Look at it this way -- you've got to be one sad and lonely and boring individual if no one ever talks about you. People may talk about you if they like you, or if they hate you, but at least you're not insignificant. :)

Sounds like your daughter will stand by her pa even if her friends get snarky. There's something to be said for that.

elaineg
02-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey ladies

thank you all very much for your support, I feel that all well be fine now.

thanks again
Elaine