PDA

View Full Version : When The Music Stops

Phyliss
01-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Saturday morning at the salon. I’d not had an appointment at this time before. Gotta tell you, that’s one busy place at that time. Everybody’s getting “fixed up” for the weekend. I’d gone there for my nail fill in and to have my hair ( what little there is ) treated with a conditioner and matrix. I did have an appointment and in fact arrived 10 minutes early.
Must have been at least 8 or so customers there. All in one stage of getting their hair done, nails polished or a pedicure completed. Waited my turn and soon enough S-- calls me. Into the chair and lay back for the washing and rinsing. Asked S-- if she thought my brows needed waxing to do them while she had me “laid out”.
“Just a touch up is all they need” as she reached for the wax pot.
Finishing with that, she put the conditioner in my hair and placed a net over it. Sat me down under the dryer, for a 15 minute cycle. Half way through, she asks me to get up, because L--- has a client that needs to use it for a few moments to set a color or something.
She says to me, “We’re busy enough today, that it’s like Musical Chairs in here, When the music stops get up and move. Some of the other clients smiled at this comment, and nodded understanding.
I was simply another person getting their “treatment” The fact that I happened to be a “guy” wasn’t an issue, neither was what I was wearing. My pink “track suit” jacket with dark grey trim and matching dark grey pants with a pink stripe down each leg. Hair in a pony tail and some cute clip on earrings in an almost matching light red kinda pink shade. Light makeup, ( knowing I was gonna ask for a brow wax, I didn’t use any pencil in them ) The particular bra I was wearing ( see the post of going shopping and guess what I bought, that I recently posted, has a link to it ) showed a bit of projection under the jacket top. Nobody made any comment to me, again I was simply another customer.
S----- my nail tech complemented me on how nice it looked, and asked me where I had gotten it. She wanted to get one for herself.
So, … here I sit with fresh nails in a light pink shade, hair feeling soft and changed to go out for dinner with my wife this evening. A simple pair of stretch denim slacks in black, and a lavender turtle neck shell topped off with a light wool open neck sweater also in a lavender shade. Think I’ll skip the earrings tonight, just might clash in the colors. Besides she don’t much care for me wearing them anyhow, don’t want to ruin a good thing just now

Di
01-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Phyliss you had the ultimate day!! Wonderful:D

paulaluvssz8
01-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Sounds like a dream. I can only dream about that kind of day. My wife made me choose her and my kids or cding with her involved. So I hide in the closet.. Keep the adventures coming.

crossdrezzer1
02-01-2009, 02:47 AM
sounds like a real pink fog moment,,,,,,, missing the dress barn,,,have you been buy there seeing construction?

Persephone
02-01-2009, 03:16 AM
Very cool indeed!

JoAnne Wheeler
02-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Back when I was younger and had a lot of hair, I wore it in curls - I had perms for 10 years at a Beauty Shop. It was a wonderful experience.

JoAnne Wheeler