PDA

View Full Version : Well, I went out again

TGMarla
01-31-2009, 03:18 PM
I went out again.....sorta. I wore this dress (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1303583&postcount=1) with a nice beige boucle sweater (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1259591&postcount=10) (coz it's chilly outside!). I think they go real well together. It wasn't much, just a trip to the local goodwill. I purged myself of about ten dresses that really didn't fit me well. All of them were pretty enough, just not quite big enough. I didn't really wear them all that much, and most of the ones that actually fit me well I can't bear to part with.

So I got all dressed up, made myself pretty, and drove a bag of rather nice ladies clothing down to the Goodwill store. I pulled up to the back of the store where they take in the goodies. There were a couple of young men working back there. I didn't really say much, lest my voice be a dead give away, but I asked one of them to get the bag of clothing out of my back seat, and he murmered "Thank you, ma'am," opened my rear door, and got the bag o'dresses out of my back seat.

I got "ma'am" 'd! :D

I'm pretty sure they clocked me, or at least figured it out shortly after I left, but I think one of the keys to getting out and about is learning not to care about what you fear everyone is thinking about you.

So it's no real big deal, just a trip in the car at mid-day. Hey, it ain't flying, but it still counts! I had fun, and I was out in the world as a lady.

And I liked it.

CD Susan
01-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Way to go Marla! Of course it counts as being out. You were seen and even talked with someone. You are right, having the right attitude makes all the difference in the experience. I some times get bored at home so will get dressed up and go for a drive for no real reason. I will stop and buy some gas even though I don't need any or just park my car and go window shopping or aimlessly walk around until my urge to be out is satisfied. I think the dress you were wearing is really pretty. BTW I shop at the goodwill stores and donate things to them too. I am glad that you enjoyed being out as a lady.

Rebecca Sue
01-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Marla, congratulations on getting "ma'amed" I imagine that was quite a little thrill! I admire you for going out in public en femme. I hope to be able to do that some day. I also like Susan's idea of going out and pumping gas, that would be a great way to be seen in public w/o having to actually speak to anyone.

Di
01-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Of course you got "ma'am" 'd! :love:
How wonderful hon...awesome day!

TxKimberly
01-31-2009, 05:51 PM
. . . So it's no real big deal, just a trip in the car at mid-day. . . .

What d'ya mean it's no big deal? When combined with your recent buying a wig adventure, this shows a whole new attitude for you. It shows that you have learned the vast majority of the world doesn't care how we dress. It shows that you have decided your joy and happiness is more significant than some strangers opinion of you. I think it's a HUGE deal! :)

Jenna1561
01-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Marla, don't belittle your accomplishment and adventure. You dressed, went out, enjoyed yourself, spoke to someone, and got ma'am'd. A very successful outing by all accounts. :)

Jen

charlie
01-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Jenna said it all! The fact that you made it to the Goodwill dressed and then had the courage to open the door gets high fives from me. Where next?

Sara Jessica
01-31-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeeeeaaaa, another step out, I'm very happy for you!!! :)

TGMarla
01-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Baby steps. But dang! This lovely new hair looks great with that dress! It's addicting. What's next? We'll see. Maybe a mall walk, I dunno. I'd like to actually purchase something en femme. But right now, I'm way too chicken for something like that!

Glenda
01-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Wow Marla, I'm so happy for you. My computer has been on the blink for a few days and I missed your wig adventure. Of course I was curious, so I read that post as well. I just love it when our sisters find that the world doesn't stop when we go out but just allows us to move along with it. It sounds like you've had a couple of great experiences. You go girl!

paulaN
01-31-2009, 09:44 PM
TxKimberly & Jenna both said it very well. So it's ditto's from me. What do I have to say about it all fantastic!!!!!! What do you do next. I'd walk around to the front of the good will store, head on in, and try on a pair of jeans or a dress or something. Way to go and keep on gurlen.

CharlotteW
01-31-2009, 10:46 PM
I enjoyed reading that Marla, thanks. Put a little smile on my face:)

Paula T
01-31-2009, 10:55 PM
You are getting there and you look so good too.:)

KayAnn1618
01-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Great story. Thanks for sharing.:)
The only daylight outing I ever did was just a nice country drive. Had some guys follow me, or maybe I was just paranoid, and I got a little antsy. They really were not following because they turned after a while but I got so nervous that I made a mess in the panties. Too much leg movement I suppose. Whoo!:heehee:

docrobbysherry
01-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Whenever I drop off a load at the back of Goodwill, I don't ever have the will power to skip going in and looking around!:doh:

Oh, and drressing up for the drop off, too, of course! :heehee:

( Gee, u look great in your avatar!):D

Suzy Harrison
02-01-2009, 02:51 AM
What d'ya mean it's no big deal? When combined with your recent buying a wig adventure, this shows a whole new attitude for you. It shows that you have learned the vast majority of the world doesn't care how we dress. It shows that you have decided your joy and happiness is more significant than some strangers opinion of you. I think it's a HUGE deal! :)

I agree with Kim - This is a big deal !

The more you get out, then the more you will get out of it- !
You'll be surprised just how quickly you'll grow.

:hugs: Suzy

Patricia Johnson
02-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Good going Marla, Out is out have a great time!!

Jess_cd32
02-01-2009, 05:54 AM
Way to go Marla, glad you had a great time out.

GypsyKaren
02-01-2009, 06:24 AM
And how many times did I tell you that you could do this? Keep listening to me kiddo, I'll...well, I'll probably cause you lots of trouble, but you'll have fun.

Karen Starlene :star:

JaytoJillian
02-01-2009, 06:34 AM
Of course the Goodwill guy said "ma'am! You look like a lady.

Cheers,

Jill

RobynB
02-01-2009, 07:04 AM
It is a big deal, Marla. Most of us have not done what you have done. It took me quite awhile to make my first step out the door.

Raychel
02-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Of course this is a big deal Marla. This is a HUGE step that most of us only dream about taking. Add this in with the wig post and you are joining the group on here that I idolize.

You look fabulous. Of course you got "ma'am"

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Juanita O
02-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Marla

you go girl, I wish i had the courage you have.

Rachel Morley
02-01-2009, 01:04 PM
YGG! Yay for you Marla! Getting "ma'am" 'd is awesome isn't it? :) Are you hooked yet? Going out in public en femme is exciting and intoxicating isn't it? Once you get past the fear factor of your first few times out it's such a thrill! :)

vivianann
02-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Congrats Marla, I love that dress you wore that day, it is soooo pretty that the color does not matter, wow I am happy for you, one day you will be walking the mall crossdressed, been there done that. I really like the dress styles that you wear, very classy, and you really look like a lady in those dresses.

Christina Horton
02-01-2009, 02:37 PM
love the dress. You looked great. I wrote about my frist out here and I went to the biggest mall in BC. And when you said it was no big deal I was yelling at my screen at you. Saying of course it's a big deal you little twit. LOL. It's allways a big deal when one of us goes out SILLY GIRL. If you want to read about my frist time it's called my frist time out yaaaaaaa and see it's all so a big deal. I hope to read about more of your no big deal outings. Huggs

marny
02-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Nothing better than being Ma'amed. Go Girl!

Lainie
02-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Way to go, Marla! You look lovely in that dress. No need to rush things, just cherish each moment.

Lois Page
02-02-2009, 06:06 AM
Congratulations Marla. Terrific dress. Looking forward to hearing how your next trip goes. Best regards, Lois

JoAnne Wheeler
02-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Great going MARLA - I just don't care anymore whether I pass or not - I (WE) are who we are - just keep up the confidence, courage and attitude and go on - as long as you are comfortable and happy, that is what counts

JoAnne Wheeler

Christina Horton
04-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Baby steps. But dang! This lovely new hair looks great with that dress! It's addicting. What's next? We'll see. Maybe a mall walk, I dunno. I'd like to actually purchase something en femme. But right now, I'm way too chicken for something like that!

My first outing am almost all of my outing are in the mall so go for ir hun You will wonder why you waited so long to do it.

boardpuppy
04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi Marla,
I like your taste in clothes (dress and sweater) and especially the shades of purple (I think) of the dress. Congrats on the outing and has it become excessive addictive yet. The mam's are so sweet no matter how you are dressed. The outings are so nice and they get better and better all the time.

Hugs,
Alice

Nicole Erin
04-08-2009, 10:11 PM
wow so this thread is a bit old but you kow Marla, I remember when you said something about not going out at all and now you are venturing out. Great isn't it? :D

Sally2005
04-08-2009, 10:34 PM
I've got to do that... never thought of dropping off anything while dressed, but I've got some clothes that I never used or that just don't fit. I like browsing in the store while dressed, less people actually notice me and it is easier to find clothes that fit.

Congratulations on your small adventure.

Carly D.
04-09-2009, 09:51 AM
That sounds perfect Marla... WAY TO GO!!!