PDA

View Full Version : The fingernail war continues..

Karren H
01-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Well its been pretty quiet around the house... Argument wise.. But today the wife and I were putting together the new 42" lcd tv for the big game tommorow and as I was pointing to a line on the instruction manual I get... "Are your nails still long?". Yeah.. But they aren't pointy.. I flattened them off.. Holding them up for inspection.. "You look like a girl"!! She says... I like them like this I reply and she says again.. "Well you look like a girl". Yeah!! At least she didn't tell me to cut them!! Point Karren.... She won the last one since I filed the pointiness off.. So were a duce!! Wonder who's serve it is? Lol.

Louise2009
01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
You go girl.
I wish i could stop biting my nails.

Lisa Golightly
01-31-2009, 05:33 PM
The ultimatum will come at kick off when she's holding the remote ;)

Jenniferpl
01-31-2009, 05:44 PM
what, no surround sound?

Karren H
01-31-2009, 05:51 PM
The ultimatum will come at kick off when she's holding the remote ;)

Damn!! I need to program my Logitech Harmony to emulate the new TV and hide it as a backup!! Thanks Lisa!! You may have saved the day!! Lol.

kymmieLorain
01-31-2009, 05:51 PM
I wish I could let mine grow long. but they never get that way. :( I either split them break them of wind up trimming them.

Kymmie

Karren H
01-31-2009, 05:53 PM
what, no surround sound?

Yeah!! Yahama. 5.1. :). Just enlarging the viewing surface.. Hope I don't break a nail hooking it up!!

Karren H
01-31-2009, 05:56 PM
I wish I could let mine grow long. but they never get that way. :( I either split them break them of wind up trimming them.

Kymmie

Mine used to do that before I started using Wet N Wild clear matte finish nail hardner and polish #201. Haven't split since I started using it..

Jonianne
01-31-2009, 06:19 PM
......."You look like a girl"!! She says.......

And you didn't say "Thank you"? I thought in coal country we all grew up with manners.

Michelia
01-31-2009, 06:33 PM
I also had some comments made. Not by my wife, mind you. I squared them off and found out that they snagged so much easier and ended up breaking everytime. Went back to more rounded shape.

I know women wear them square because they are stronger, but mine just get caught everywhere. I also do not think square is as pretty, unless they are longer.

Evie08
01-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Karren, I followed your recommendation and bought the Wet & Wild 201, and you were right. No more cracking or splitting.

lil red
01-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Next time she complains about the length just tell her about the truck driver you know who not only has long nails but keeps the colored ALL the time. Really I don't mind, you go my friend.

Sara Jessica
01-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Wow, that Cardinals victory will look that much sweeter on the new tube!!! ;)

Jenna1561
01-31-2009, 07:09 PM
wow, that cardinals victory will look that much sweeter on the new tube!!! ;)

go cards!!

Karren H
01-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow, that Cardinals victory will look that much sweeter on the new tube!!! ;)

I've been playing with the hue and saturation enough so the Cardinals will seem to disappear from the screen... Like they will from the field!! :D

Sara Jessica
01-31-2009, 07:33 PM
I've been playing with the hue and saturation enough so the Cardinals will seem to disappear from the screen... Like they will from the field!! :D

Kind of like what the Penguins have been doing this year, eh?

Kandi
01-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Go Pittsburgh!!!! I've found that scratching my wifes back with my long nails eliminate any urge for her to worry about how long they are.
Here we go Pittsburgh, here we go!!!!!

Sally2005
02-01-2009, 01:11 AM
For your pleasure...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=o6JqA-j6To8

missizzy
02-01-2009, 01:33 AM
LOL, that's hillarious.. Maybe I should get that Lenovo one. :D

I keep it not really shorts, maybe like Karren's nail, and I squared it off. Since I use computer frequent, I found it's hard to type when I don't squared my nails. Thank god now I feel more comfort after square it off.

Raven Wynter Rayne
02-01-2009, 01:36 AM
If You have ever seen what lives under the even the cleanest nails You will never bite again, really, take a scraping and look at it under a microscope. It stopped Me!!!

Hali
02-01-2009, 02:39 AM
The war will always rage on pretty nails on men/tgs so dont cut them completely just trim them no matter how much the pressure.

Dawn Marie
02-01-2009, 05:21 AM
I like long nails too, but the minute they get past the 1/8 inch mark my wife always tells me to cut my nails. Before I got married I use to keep them long about a quarter inch past the fingertip and I'd go get a maicure at least once every two to three weeks. Love the different colors to choose from.

Bev06 GG
02-01-2009, 05:31 AM
I know how she feels Karen. My partner has long nails and he also talks with lots of hand gestures so everyone can see them.
Funny I dont mind seeing him with long nails when dressed but It definitely does nothing for me when he's in male mode.
Bev

Jess_cd32
02-01-2009, 05:34 AM
And you didn't say "Thank you"? I thought in coal country we all grew up with manners.

Even the best miss an open opportunity now and then when she said Karren looked like a girl. I think Karrens got "go Steelers" on the brain or she would have thanked her normaly:)

StephanieT
02-01-2009, 06:14 AM

Shouldn't that be "Thank You Maam".

Karren, so who is going to win the best 2 out of 3?

GO Cardinals

joan47
02-01-2009, 07:09 AM
I have acrylic nails which are pretty long and ponted. My wife told me yesterday that they are too long. I said that I had cut them back and I like good looking nails, I mean I could be a slop, but I wear nice girls sweaters and junior jeans, wax my eyebrows very thin and generally take good care of grooming. The other day before I went to get my nails filled, she said I should try a gel, I did and they are real nice, smooth & shiny

susie evans
02-01-2009, 01:41 PM
i new you would not give in go girl she will join you rather than fight before long

:)...susie

JoAnne Wheeler
02-03-2009, 09:47 AM
My Spouses fusses about my long nails as well, but I am not going to cut them !

JoAnne Wheeler

Penny
02-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi Karen,
Long nails provide a better grip in an Iron City Beer:heehee:. My wife doesn't complain about my long nails; perhaps it's because I do her's and she has long since given up on my thin, arched eyebrows.

:hugs:

Penny

Maura_ohio
02-03-2009, 03:44 PM
i tried using the wet & wild, but it peeled off my nails real quick..... it did make an interesting "broken glass" look on them tho!

i was at bed,bath & beyond the other day & found "NAILS FOR MALES" by Orly.... very similiar to the wet & wild, but seems thicker... still dries super quick to a matte finish. So far i like it!

Maura

Angel.Marie76
02-03-2009, 04:03 PM

Kymmie

Mine used to do that before I started using Wet N Wild clear matte finish nail hardner and polish #201. Haven't split since I started using it..

Even though I'm not a real bullish person round and about, I had seemed to be breaking, cracking, chipping, you name it, they were just not sticking around. I've been using, I believe 'Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails - Hard as Wraps' in light Beige. ONE COAT and it lightens the nail beds and brings out the tips, almost as good as a french tip and let me tell you about STRENGTH. I broke a nail good the other day, and used a little glue to set it, and then one coat of that stuff and I'm not even worried anymore. Downside is it does take a while to dry to that super-hard shell, and don't even think of a second coat for some time.

Keep up the defense against the lady as long as it's worth the argument. If she starts to get testy, well, you'll know when to hold 'em or fold.

tricia_uktv
02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I love long nails!

leesametz
02-03-2009, 08:53 PM
"You look like a girl"!! She says...

your wife doesnt know?

wow! you sure do get to dress alot for that situation then...

congrats on the pittsburgh team winning. i didnt want 3 seconds of the game. i was finishing up Jericho on CD. i never saw it during broadcast...

Karren H
02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
She knows... She just doesn't like it very much!! :(

And Thanks!!!