PDA

View Full Version : Finding Size

womantrapped2005
06-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Is there a way I can tell what size I am before I go shopping at all?

Jesse69
06-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Is there a way I can tell what size I am before I go shopping at all?

Get a tape measure and measure your bust, waist, and hips. Then shop ebay and look at the clothes size listings - they usually give measurements for clothes. But sometimes you can fit a smaller size - e.g., I'm a 30 - 31" waist and yet I can squeeze into a 26.5" waist skirt.

lissa_cd
06-16-2005, 11:33 AM
good suggestion Jesse, it's about all you can do short of going to a cd friendly store or a secondhand store and try some items on...Melissa

Marla GG
06-16-2005, 11:45 AM
There are standard clothing size charts based on your chest, waist, and hip measurements. Being a CD you probably have narrower hips than a typical gg, so if you're buying a dress you'll have to go with the size that matches your biggest measurement (i.e. waist or chest). For skirts and pants, if you are slim waisted, go with the size that matches your hip measurement; if you are big around the middle, choose the size that matches your waist measurement.

Having said that, different manufacturers' sizes will fit differently so you can't just assume that because you normally wear a 10, all 10's will fit. You can get a rough idea of your size range from the chart below though....that way you'll know what to take into the dressing room with you.

p.s. if you're over 5'9", do a search in Google for women's clothing size chart and look for a chart for Talls.

Wendy me
06-16-2005, 12:10 PM
try this .....http://www.fredericks.com/services/help.asp?91

Kimberly
06-16-2005, 04:06 PM
rofl - Wendy, how many times have I seen you post that now?

pantylover1
06-16-2005, 05:05 PM
And one thing to bear in mind is if all else fails ask Tristen, she is not just another pretty face around here, she knows all that good stuff :D

Bernice P

Wendy me
06-16-2005, 05:08 PM
rofl - Wendy, how many times have I seen you post that now?
if it works.........................post it.......... :p

crispy
06-16-2005, 10:48 PM
what's the betting that mattwomantrapped don't respond.

.............. there, the challenge has been set, matt. do your duty, Oh Shy One. ;)

........... oh yes, and if you want to know what size you are, you first need to measure yourself. Got that? Good. :rolleyes:

Tristen Cox
06-17-2005, 02:40 AM
And one thing to bear in mind is if all else fails ask Tristen, she is not just another pretty face around here, she knows all that good stuff :D

Bernice P
shhhh :shh: don't tell everyone :p