PDA

View Full Version : getting nailed

latanya
02-01-2009, 10:38 AM
In my intro I mentioned that I got my nails done at a nail salon. I would like to share my experience.
Whenever I cross dressed in the past the experience was never complete without having fake nails on.
what ever i would wear they had to be complemented with long fingernails. Of course I had to have my undergarments on before the nails because once on I had a hard time functioning. I was never sure if that was because I was just not used to the length or that they would pop off when I used my hands. plus they always looked like fake nails. drawing on my past experience i decided this time i would have them done at a salon. I chose an oriental nail salon that was open late. I did a trial run. I made an appointment 7:30 on saturday night. I asked the girl to just do my two thumbs with quarter inch extensions and a french manicure. I explained that I had a dressup party to go to and the fake nails that I purchased did not fit my thumb. I paid her first and after a half an hour I had the to nails done. The feel was so different than the fake nails I always had put on. I could actually function with them. I called the salon back the next day, thanked the girl for making me feel comfortable and then told her that the party was postponed till next week. She then booked me an appointment for Thursday night to have all my nails done. With a lot of band aids and tape I was able to get by with the two nails done the entire week. Thursday came and after an hour and a quarter I walked out of the salon with nail extension and a pink french manicure on all ten fingers. I felt great and the experience was terrific. I spent the next 72 hours like that. Although I purchased most of the items I needed for the weekend I did have to go out to make a few purchases. I wore leather glove when paying. The difference between the glue on fake nails and the ones done at a salon is incredible. After a few ours of getting used to the length I was able to function pretty normally. I showered with them, put on my make up with them and was able to dress including my undergarments with them. They felt great. I can't wait to be able to do this again. Removal is a pregnant dog. It took over three hours of soaking in pure acetone to get them off.
For all you gals out there who haven't experienced having your nails done you got to do it!!
If a novice like me can do it most of you can.

Phyliss
02-01-2009, 11:39 AM
My dear, soaking your fingers in Acetone for 3 hours is not very good for your health, that stuff sinks into your skin and can you say liver damage.

Best thing next time, a bit of remover to get rid of any color and then just trim them to lenght, file until smooth and go with it.

Personally I keep mine about 1/4 inch past the finger tips and in a nice light shade of pink. Acrylis are the best. No split, no break, no rough edges to snag nylons

superpike
02-01-2009, 12:01 PM
That's cool having your nails done; I hope I could experience this some day. One thing is 4 certain, the better you look: the better you feel! The way we feel about ourselves conveys to those who know us not.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-03-2009, 09:50 AM
I have a hard enough time with my own "long" nails breaking while I am dressing - I don't know how I could dress and undress (have to go to the restroom occasionally and dealing with hooks and closures is murder on nails) with those fake long nails.

JoAnne Wheeler

miche_miche
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
hi latanya,
i just wanted to tell you that i know a boy who has acrylic nails. he has them done at a salon. the same lady always does his nails and she's been doing them for years now. they're just clear, no color, not so very long, but they do look nice and neat and smooth. he always tips very nicely, by the way. smooth nails really do help him to do his work. once he explains what he does some people still think it's odd, but they're ok with it.
but this boy also has a secret reason that he likes to have his nails done. it's makes him smile, and those nice nails help to remind him.
latanya, can you guess who this boy is?

luv,
miche-miche

ps - consider taking classical guitar lessons! :) :) :)

In my intro I mentioned that I got my nails done at a nail salon. I would like to share my experience.
Whenever I cross dressed in the past the experience was never complete without having fake nails on.
what ever i would wear they had to be complemented with long fingernails. Of course I had to have my undergarments on before the nails because once on I had a hard time functioning. I was never sure if that was because I was just not used to the length or that they would pop off when I used my hands. plus they always looked like fake nails. drawing on my past experience i decided this time i would have them done at a salon. I chose an oriental nail salon that was open late. I did a trial run. I made an appointment 7:30 on saturday night. I asked the girl to just do my two thumbs with quarter inch extensions and a french manicure. I explained that I had a dressup party to go to and the fake nails that I purchased did not fit my thumb. I paid her first and after a half an hour I had the to nails done. The feel was so different than the fake nails I always had put on. I could actually function with them. I called the salon back the next day, thanked the girl for making me feel comfortable and then told her that the party was postponed till next week. She then booked me an appointment for Thursday night to have all my nails done. With a lot of band aids and tape I was able to get by with the two nails done the entire week. Thursday came and after an hour and a quarter I walked out of the salon with nail extension and a pink french manicure on all ten fingers. I felt great and the experience was terrific. I spent the next 72 hours like that. Although I purchased most of the items I needed for the weekend I did have to go out to make a few purchases. I wore leather glove when paying. The difference between the glue on fake nails and the ones done at a salon is incredible. After a few ours of getting used to the length I was able to function pretty normally. I showered with them, put on my make up with them and was able to dress including my undergarments with them. They felt great. I can't wait to be able to do this again. Removal is a pregnant dog. It took over three hours of soaking in pure acetone to get them off.
For all you gals out there who haven't experienced having your nails done you got to do it!!
If a novice like me can do it most of you can.