PDA

View Full Version : Is this you ?

Sandra
02-01-2009, 04:57 PM
This quote has been taken from another thread, and is posted with permission, from the orignal poster.

The definition I have arrived at for a non-op TS is an individual who identifies fully as a female but who also has and accepts her male body parts, as she is attracted physically to females, not males so there is a good sexual fit. In other words, a genetic heterosexual male identifying as a female. This also fits someone who identifies as a 24/7 heterosexual CD

For a while now I have thought as above, and wasn't too surprised when some research was done, to find that someone who presents 24/7 as a woman (or if the opportunity was there would do so) but does not want hormones or srs is classed as a transsexual.

So do you fit into this catergory?
Would you admit to it?
Would you be worried about how others would see you?

This is not a slur on those ladies here who know from birth that something is not right, and that the need/want is there to correct things, but more for those who say they indentify as a cder.

Kate Simmons
02-01-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm inclined to agree with that statement Sandra. Simply because I was to that point in the past. By integrating the feelings, I no longer feel that way, however. I would admit it though if it were still true and call a spade a spade. As far as what others think of me, that never bothered me and never will. Once a person is truly in touch with their own essence, they know for sure because the feelings are intrinsic.:)

suchacutie
02-01-2009, 05:29 PM
So, what if I present as a male 1 hour per month? Am I no longer a transexual? How about 1 hour per week...or one hour per day?

It seems to that being a transexual is a state of mind. When we present as women, have we left the male mentality behind as well as the male presentation. If we act as women, think as women, are accepted as women, then for the time that we have crossed over, we are transexuals. There is a period of time that we live successfully as women, even though it might not be 24/7.

I know I surely have not gotten there yet, but I'm sure working in it! If I can go for days being a woman, and someone says that's not being a transsexual, I would take umbrage!

tina!

Jo-Michelle
02-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I have questioned myself for a long time, even before coming out, as to what am I. I think I fit that decribed catogory pretty well. I love dressing as and even think as a women. I am also very content being a male and have given no thought to ever taking hormones. I am attracted to in many ways females, but I do have a little bisexuality and the desires that go with it.
The conclusion I've reached is no matter what "catogory" I'm in, I just know I'm happy with myself, and I will make decisions based on what makes me happy. I will always be cautious and never purposley hurt anyone, but i've learned that I can't worry my life away because of how someone else sees me. I am who I am, and if you really care about me as a person, how I dress or act should not matter.

Babette
02-01-2009, 05:54 PM
This is certainly a lot to think about. An admission to being a non-op TS may be tied to why some of us "closet" our desires until we can no longer stand it. Worry could be the result of intuitive or presumed reactions from peers and society. Admission and worry aren't necessarily tied to defining a non-op TS. The decisions for surgery and or HRT may be tempered by a number of reasons including financial constraints, health concerns, emotional state, an array of fears, etc. There are many reasons why we desire to dress as females. Perhaps there are some who fit this definition but I suspect it is by varying degrees.

Babette

AKAMichelle
02-01-2009, 06:16 PM
An admission to being a non-op TS may be tied to why some of us "closet" our desires until we can no longer stand it.

Your comment here I think answers a puzzling question for me. Why we wait until middle age to figure out who we really are. After all of the answers that I got in another thread, this seems to make the most sense. Thanks Babette for giving some enlightment that I have searching for.

Although I don't fall into that definition myself, I do think that it might fit.

Sandra
02-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm not surprised that only a few have replied, as IMO at lot of people may not want to admit that they are TS, which I can understand.

So ladies thankyou for your replies :)

Desiree2bababe
02-02-2009, 01:34 PM
No, don't believe I fit. I like to be with men while dressed. I consider myself a bi-sexual transvestite and yes I like that word. Just a tad bit more kinky than cross dresser and kink I like also!

Patrice
02-02-2009, 02:05 PM
I like the definition - it fits me to a point, that point being that I have no sexual interest in men or women or even the act of sex itself (solo or otherwise). When your outside THAT circle things get fuzzy.

charlie
02-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Hello Sandra!
I guess you have lots of us thinking. I cannot deny that I'm a non-op transsexual when I go out dressed and acting as a women. The label is not troubling at all. People that see me and make me must think the same. What am when I take off my dress though? I spend about 4 solid days per month as a woman. Other days I shop and put together outfits for my dressing days. Am I still a transsexual then.....probably, but not showing then.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-02-2009, 03:42 PM
It is not the way I live now, BUT it is the way that I would like to live !

JoAnne Wheeler

DonnaT
02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
someone who presents 24/7 as a woman (or if the opportunity was there would do so) but does not want hormones or srs is classed as a transsexual.

Who classified them as TS?

Looking at someone I cannot tell whether or not they are taking hormones, nor whether or not they've had GRS.

Nor do I know whether they consider themselves to be TS or CD, nor whether or not they dress 24/7.

In other words, if the person self classifies as TS, and says so, then that's fine with me. If they self classify as CD, that's fine too.

It's not my position to classify anyone else.

So, I disagree that "someone who presents 24/7 as a woman (or if the opportunity was there would do so) but does not want hormones or srs is classed as a transsexual."

They could very well self classify as a CD, and it's not my business to tell them otherwise.

CLARRISA
02-02-2009, 05:07 PM
oh my gawd...that must be me then..its become every weekend ,most nights of the week..been like that for last 3 months,,i'm single and want a g/f but this side of me is developing fast, i'm not as in the closet as i used to be, go out as clarissa to the shops as naturally as when in male mode, i been doing it so much lately i've started thinking i may as well be a woman, i've allready had my ears pierced..and have been thinking about hormones.., the only thing holding me back are these unfullfilled dreams i had being a male..and well, money, career and family.

curse within
02-02-2009, 08:41 PM
So do you fit into this catergory?

No, at one time I wasn't sure but now I know for a fact the answer is no, for now.. The true answer is can I become this ? Yes any "Crossdresser" can it depends on your EGO and state of mind..

Would you admit to it?

Absolutely!! With out a doubt...There is no shame to confess as to within ones "label" in fact it should be looked at with pride.. Nothing wrong with expressing ones self..

Would you be worried about how others would see you?

I can not answer that as to being an area I can not relate to...If I was a true Transexual ( feeling the need to express my feminine side often and dressing often then I would be more exposed to answer) Then no I wouldn't be worried because, I am who I am..

Kelsy
02-03-2009, 06:01 AM
I identify as a non op TS ,Sandra, I am open to hormones, surgery etc. I see myself as female and would persue all means to change when or if the opportunity presented tself. I have been inching in that direction for years. I do not care for my male self or parts. Life's circumstances are the only things that block my progress. That and a lack of courage! I present as feminine!

Kelsy:straightface:

erickka
02-03-2009, 07:51 AM
I feel that these definitions should be left in the eyes of the beholder. We are all different, have different circumstances, different thoughts, etc. That is what makes us all individuals. If we were all "grouped" this world would be pretty mundane and boring. Just my :2c:
Erickka

Sandra
02-03-2009, 07:59 AM
For a while now I have thought as above, and wasn't too surprised when some research was done, to find that someone who presents 24/7 as a woman (or if the opportunity was there would do so) but does not want hormones or srs is classed as a transsexual.

Who classified them as TS?

Donna, all the research I've done at the moment is definitions of TSs, through online dictionaries all gave what I always thought was the only definition of a TS and that was someone from birth knew they was in the wrong body and needed/wanted to transition, but what did surprise me was that some, not all said that people who dress 24/7 and present as a woman are also TS.

The piece I've highlighted obviously was not in the definations I read, I put this in brackets, to show that maybe some here who cannot present 24/7 but if the opportunity was there would, could be classed as a TS.

I am not trying to tell anyone here what they are. I was just curious as to how many may identify with what I've posted.

Oh and Katie B It's ok a diagram won't be necessary :)

curse within
02-03-2009, 08:34 AM
A Transsexual is not only what was mentioned aboved but also relates to an established pattern of behavior ..This behavior can or may consits of dressing in the opposites sex clothing NOT 24/7 but on a regular bases or often.

As stated by some ,the state of mind is the key , do you feel feminine and desire or wish you where female?

The confuusion lays with the honesty within yourself as to why very few will accept this "label" it is disbelief or denial that distorts their true spectrum. This is why so many doctors find it hard to place any "labels" onto any "crossdressers" ..Many of us are so prone to change our habits and the way we feel upon ourselves there for jumping within the spectrum from label to label on any givin month.. A true Transsexual is on who finds comfort and ease to accepting the female conterpart in which many deny and openly lives it out..