PDA

View Full Version : Walk a Mile in Her Shoes

Robynts
02-01-2009, 09:39 PM
After reading Marissa Mae's adventures about flying enfemme for the first time, I was challenged by her story about walking through the airport in her heels.

Tonight, I decided to do my evening walk in my favorite and really comfortable 3 inch pumps. The walk is just over a mile and about 100 feet in elevation change. As I walked through the neighborhood I was sure that everyone was sitting on their front porches listening to the click clack of my heels (at 39 degrees and in the middle of the 3rd quarter, yeah right).

Well, I made it the whole way. I am proud of myself for hanging in there the whole way (yeah like I could have taken off my pumps and walked around the neighborhood streets in my stockings!) Bottom line, I agree with Marissa, if you are going to walk a long distance in your neighborhood or the airport, make sure that you have REALLY comfortable shoes, not ones that are just comfortable from the car to the club.

Robyn

tvbeckytv
02-02-2009, 06:05 AM
id say make sure you have shoes that are a proper fit...
you can wear heels all day and night if they do.

Lisa Catherine
02-02-2009, 06:36 AM
And buying a good pair of leather shoes makes a difference, I thought I could get by with a cheap pair, and got some nasty blisters!:eek:

JoAnne Wheeler
02-02-2009, 10:56 AM
I can wear my 2 1/2" pumps all day as far as I want to walk - it gets harder and harder with each 1/2" higher heel - I have some 4 1/2 that are killers

JoAnne Wheeler

suchacutie
02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Tina emerged yestereday in some super 4.5 inch heels, closed shoe, black patent and suede, leather ties. I love those shoes and was in them til 2am, when I do admit that one toe was starting to rub a bit. So I do agree that when they fit well and you walk accordingly, it really can work! I think my problem in the past has been that I forget who I am and start to try to walk as if they were flats, and a littl of that can tire out the feet immediately.

So just be a girl!!!!

tina
http://www.payless.com/Images/600x600/063689_1_600x600.jpg

Carly D.
02-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Also a good breaking in period.. I got some shoes in December and wore them quite a bit.. thought they were perfect but they were hurting my big toe on my right foot.. what was that from?? well I took the shoes off and didn't wear them again for a week thinking that would fix whatever was the problem.. put them on again and misery.. my toe hurt when I walked at all in the shoes.. two weeks later I decide to do a picture shoot with these shoes and they hurt my toe there again.. I decide I'm way over weight for wearing these shoes and decide I can't wear them because of the focal point of the weight being placed right there on the ball of my foot and my toe was getting the worst of it.. the next day I think "why doesn't this effect my left foot?" (my right foot is very slightly bigger than my left).. I feel like I'm not doing something right here so the day after the big photo shoot I put the shoes on and walk a while around the house just to wear them and for whatever the reason everything is fine.. are the shoes broken in now?? I don't know but they feel great...