PDA

View Full Version : temporary cure for cross dressing

CharleneT
02-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Sat night, while coming back in from my studio, I slipped on some ice, fell and broke my right wrist. Unfortunately I am right handed... even washing hair was a bitch this morning. Tried to do my normal shaving, face ok, underarms hard, chest so so, the rest ... very hard. Gave up pretty quick. I was supposed to go to CD Super Bowl party on Sun. Getting dressed and doing makeup ? No way....

Right now have a temp splint, get cast in a couple of days, should get a little easier then - fingers will be more exposed. AARRRGGGG !! Just doing normal things is hard. Doesn't look like I'll be dressing much for 7 weeks !!!

doctor doctor I'm CURED !!!

:eek:

Saika
02-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh dear, ouchies. I've never broken a bone in my body. Sorry to hear that...

sara_also
02-02-2009, 12:52 PM
It will certainly be hard for the time being..
I wish to take notice of your comment that it is a cure. We all must have a real virus or decease..If it is true, I am sure some of us may not want to be cured..
my :2c:

ReneeT
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
You will be amazed at what you can do one-handed with a little practice. Since losing my left hand 4 yrs ago the only thing I haven't been able to do is my former occupation (surgeon). Come to think of it, I haven't tried yet!

CharleneT
02-02-2009, 02:30 PM
ouch is right, this one really hurts... but that to will pass.

My title word "cure" was meant in jest :)

Renee, my sympathies !! I can't imagine losing a hand completely. Strange little coencidence ... I broke my left wrist in 1982, wrestling a pig into a cage. Was working as Research Assist in physiology. My job was as the main surgeon for the project. I was moving to a new project the next week, they weren't pleased at all when I showed up the first day with a cast. Before the cast was off, I did start doing parts of the prep... so you can learn to compensate pretty quickly. BUT, shaving your legs, now that requires skill !! ;)

Charlene

JoAnne Wheeler
02-02-2009, 03:40 PM
You should have invited your Sisters who were going to the party to come by your house early and help you get dressed - I mean, what are Sisters for ?

JoAnne Wheeler

DonnaT
02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Sorry to hear that, Charlene.

Cassia-Marie
02-02-2009, 04:59 PM
OH NO! I hope you have a speedy recovery.

il.dso
02-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Il

krisinpink
02-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Charlene,

SOOOOO sorry to hear about your wrist...what a bummer.
I hope your recovery is as quick and pain-free as possible!

-Krissy

Karren H
02-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Awww.... just think of how a woman would handle it....

PretzelGirl
02-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Awww.... just think of how a woman would handle it....

I think the girls would handle it by making it a good excuse to go shopping so you can feel better!

MaryAnn40c
02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
sorry to about your ochie...I feel your pain:sad:

ChastityInFemme
02-02-2009, 10:17 PM
temporary is right.

my "cure" is much more permanent. i'm a quadriplegic and stuck with not being able to dress til theres a cure for spinal cord injury...and a cure for sci is a ways away.

CharleneT
02-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Chastity - yours is truly the most difficult ... I hope that someday soon they do find a way to give you back mobility. Maybe the stem cell research ???

I'm tying to stay away from shopping just to avoid using it as a "cure"!!! But there are a couple of dresses on Ebay right now -- ah the siren call ......

Charlene

trannie T
02-02-2009, 10:44 PM
I fell and sprained my wrist a month ago. The doctor determined it wasn't broken and gave me a splint to wear. Putting on eyeliner was pretty painful as was putting on a bra but I was still able to go out and have a good time. The wrist brace was a wonderful accessory for my outfit.

ChastityInFemme
02-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Chastity - yours is truly the most difficult ... I hope that someday soon they do find a way to give you back mobility. Maybe the stem cell research ???

that's the only hope for a cure. i'd rather be rid of my urge to crossdress altogether.

docrobbysherry
02-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Electricrazor! I think it's a MUCH better solution than giving up CDing until u heal!:heehee:

susie evans
02-03-2009, 12:04 AM
sorry about your broken hand , i don't need cured i am not sick just like to look like a girl HEHEHE

:hugs:...susie

marny
02-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Both wrists, left three times. one ankle, and i can't count the ribs! Bones heal Hon! just try not to laugh too hard!