PDA

View Full Version : Heels For Him?

Victoria StJohn
02-02-2009, 02:35 PM
I was out yesterday to a city about an hour away and dropped into Value Village to look at the ladies' shoes. I was suprised to see another male there, looking also. The next thing he was trying on a pair of heels in the aisle. I'm sure glad we weren't looking for the same size. I had never seen this before and was watching and trying to be low key at the same time. He certainly has more guts than me. I hope he enjoys them. Cheers, Victoria :):)

Kathi Lake
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
I do it quite a bit at places like Famous, DSW and TJ Maxx. I kind of stopped caring about what people might think or say a bit ago. If you do what he did - just try on shoes like it's perfectly normal - you'll be fine.

Kathi

ColleenW
02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
I agree with Kathi -- the longer I CD the less I care about what others think. :):)

Jennifer James
02-02-2009, 03:24 PM
I order my heels online

suchacutie
02-02-2009, 03:33 PM
I was in a Payless in Atlanta with my wife, but she has a smaller size and went around to another aisle as I tried on shoes. The SA came up and asked if I needed any help. I said "no" and then she asked if they were for me. Well, she thought nothing of it, reminding me that it was a 2 for 1 sale and that it would make sense to get two pair.

I'm not sure what other customers might think, but the SAs are just looking for a sale, and I get the impression they have been primed for CDs and such since if they overcome whatever shyness we might have about the situation they will get return sales!

tina

JoAnne Wheeler
02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
It is true - the longer you do it, the easier it becomes - and especially when you just don't care anymore !!!!!!!

JoAnne Wheeler

Cassia-Marie
02-02-2009, 03:39 PM
I just had my first shoe shopping expedition a few minutes ago at Payless. (see http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1594830#post1594830). I was in drab and no-one gave me a second look. The cashier even asked me if i wanted any "accessories - socks, stockings, perhaps a purse?" He seemed totally sincere and not at all making fun of me or anything like that. I'm hooked, now. Watch out, bank account!!! ;)

Jennifer James
02-02-2009, 03:54 PM
I had an SA help me one time at Payless I was trying on heels with black stockings underneath she said you have big feet I said yes sadly i couldn't fit in the sizes they had so I had to order them online

StevieTV
02-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Like Joanne said, the more you do it the easier it is. I have bought plenty of shoes and boots at Value Village and have no problem trying them on right there in the aisle. I wear hose just to be sure of the fit. My best find has been a pair of over the knee suede boots for $9.99!!

Carly D.
02-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I shop at payless mostly exclusively when I buy shoes.. I'm used to the way everything is at the stores.. I've had the SA ask if I need help but never have had one ask if I wanted to try any shoes on.. I've written about this in other entries here.. truth is a few times I am wearing pantyhose or tights for just this experience (that has yet to happen).. I fantasize about what it would be like.. I've thought about the perfect time to go into the store.. ultimately I would like to not only try the shoes on, but to take the empty box up to the checkout and pay for them and walk out of the store while wearing them.. talk about unnerving..

DonnaT
02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
I've tried on at DSW, but not Payless. Even though the sales lady at Payless was cool and told me of the sale they were having.

The reason, the aisles in Payless were too narrow :D

Janet Bern
02-02-2009, 04:55 PM
I sure do envy you ladies that can go to a DSW or any shoe store with quality shoes and try on and buy a pair. My problem is I am a size 12w and try as I might noone except payless and Avenue have my size. I constantly ask when I walk into a shoe store "Do you carry any size 12's".
Oh well
Janet

Jodi
02-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Janet, Try a Ninewest store. They are now carrying 12's in some styles. The manager at the Ninewest store where I routinely shop reminded me of the size 12's and told me to tell my friends.

Ninewest stores might look to be very upscale from the outside, but any store that I have shopped in has been very accommodating. They expect me to try on.

Also, Metrostyle cataloge is now carrying 12W shoes.

Jodi

Wendy me
02-02-2009, 06:54 PM
like how are you going to know if they fit or are comfy if you don't try them on??????.........

susanCD123
02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I am also a size 12, and have only been able to find that size on line. Fredericks of Hollywood has a lot of selection in size 12, and at reasonable prices, now and then a 13. If you order by phone, you can get them shipped USPS. (I get the mail, but when the UPS guy shows up at the door my wife (knows but non accepting) gets pissed) On line, you dont get the shipping option, it comes UPS. The SA are very nice over the phone, and can even help with size questions. If they sell 12 and 13 shoes, with stiletto heels, come on, they know a lot of their customers are men. And, I love the shoes!

ShannonGermany
02-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Its always funny when my girlfriend and i walk up to the counter at payless with a bunch of shoes sized 5,5 and 13 :heehee::D

Lainie
02-02-2009, 08:11 PM
...and hence a little hope of privacy for a guy discretely :o trying on girls' shoes. I've found the clerks very pleasant in several locations, never a problem.

boardpuppy
02-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Payless is the only store (close that is) I can shop at for shoes (11 and sometimes 12's). I did find out that Payless can't even order half sizes, the corperation just does not order/stock them. I was in today (they know me by sight) and was told the shipments wouldn't be delivered untill tueseday and again thurseday. The SA who is a member of the comunity didn't start work until later, so had no reason to linger and talk.

Jenny G
02-02-2009, 09:00 PM
i try my heels in the isle also and there are times when the salesclerk will comment about the heels if they look good on me or not and the different styles

Amy Lynn3
02-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Victoria, I was in Goodwill looking at the womens shoes and another fellow came in and started looking at the shoes on the other end of the rack. He was fine until he looked up and saw me at the other end. When he saw me he left the store. I went on with my shopping.

Patty
02-02-2009, 09:45 PM
it is true - the longer you do it, the easier it becomes - and especially when you just don't care anymore !!!!!!!

JoAnne Wheeler

:iagree:

beenherelongtime
02-02-2009, 09:50 PM
you'll have to let me know when they have sizes 15 or 16 in the stores. can never try any on in stores.

docrobbysherry
02-02-2009, 09:54 PM
What city did this happen in?:)

Magickman
02-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Nine West is my favorite shoe store, and I always try on the shoes at the store, even if there are many other customers present.

So far, at least, I have not seen any other men trying on shoes at the Nine West store.

acdee
02-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Wish I had the courage to shop for shoes in public ...seems like others here have survived the experience...might just give it a try myself.

epsxyblkm
02-02-2009, 11:37 PM
If I could find my size in a neighborhood shop, I would be there. My wife already knows that I know what shoe looks best on a GG.

sissystephanie
02-02-2009, 11:55 PM
The ladies who say they don't care anymore are right on! I have been in stores trying on not only shoes but also many feminine garments for years. I am a CD and I don't care who sees me.

I do buy shoes online because I usually find good deals, but I have also bought shoes in many different stores. That list even includes Nordstrom's, Dilliard's, and Macy's. I just told the SA what I was looking for, was measured, and then shoes were brought out me to choose. BTW, in each of those stores I was waited on by a man SA. I was wearing thigh highs each time. The man in Macy's asked me if I usually wore stockings or pantyhose!:eek: I told him I sometimes wore pantyhose, but preferred to wear stockings most of the time. One other note, I was wearing semi-drab. Ladies jeans and a ladies tee shirt over my bra. As usual for me, no wig or makeup! Also, I never wear forms since I am a natural 40 B!

As I have said many times, I just don't care what others think!!

Margaret
02-03-2009, 04:03 AM
The first time I bought lovely black strappy sandals from a Spendless store in outer suburban Melbourne. The SA was so helpful and ensured that the size 11 were the right size. She made me feel so at ease I readily admitted they were for me. (as if she didn't already know).

The second time I bought a pair of beautiful Italian leather Rangoni heels from Peter Sheppard in Sydney, reduced from $299 to $19! The only interaction was the SA asking if I wanted to try them on to ensure they were my size.

On both occasions I was dressed in drab, in a business suit. For the SA a sale is a sale!

RachelDenise
02-03-2009, 05:28 AM
I wear a size 13 women's shoe so not too often are there opportunities to try on in person. In fact, haven't found one yet. All my shoe buying has been online. Rats!

CharlotteW
02-03-2009, 05:44 AM
I've tried on shoes before, although the shops were in other towns well away from home.

A few days ago wifey and I visited a friend who is losing her house due to the economic situation. We stayed for about an hour and then went shopping. We told the friend exactly which shop we were going to.
Later, at said shop, I was trying on a pair of shoes with the help of wifey. Only seconds after I had slipped my foot back into my own shoe, we heard a voice "hi, thought we'd see you here"...it was our friends daughter (18yo), her mum joined us just moments later.
I had to walk around the shop for a while with my laces untied. Wifey carried the shoes and dodged questions about the height of the heels and the various bit of clothing we chosen.

A close-call:o

Kelsy
02-03-2009, 06:13 AM
I have always had great shopping experiences in payless! Last visit my wife took me to buy a couple pair of shoes. I found a pair of 2" heels with pointed toes and a maryjane style strap and buckle. I found them in my size and said I'll take these. My wife says " your going to try them on aren't you!?" Two other ladies were in the isle but I said sure - lil hesitant - slipped them on and took a few steps they fit fine and no one cared! Took them to the counter along with shoes my wife bought size 9 and size 12! The SAs were wonderful!

:)Kelsy

mykhelee
02-03-2009, 07:26 AM
The first few times I tried shoes on at the store were quick, "does it fit", forays. I did this for a while. Then I went with my youngest, she was 19 @ the time. She said, "Dad, how are you going to know if you like them if you don't walk around in them?".
We went out recently on a "Shoe expidition". We hit Rainbow, Burlington, Famous, Payless, Charlotte Russe, and several other stores. We regularly hit up Goodwill and Salvation Army. Never got a second glance from any of the SAs. At Charlotte's the SA mentioned that her uncle dressed and brought me several different sets of heel out that fit the style I was looking for.
I shop locally, alone or with my daughters, just something special about strolling about with a set of heels and finding the fit you are looking for. Yes you may get a few strange or hostile looks from other folks within the store, SO WHAT!!??
If you are deep in the closet travel an hour away from home and give it a whirl. Use mapquest and plan your route out and try those heels on. It is more than worth it.

erickka
02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
I really don't care what people think... I'm the one spending the moolah, and I want to be sure that I'm getting what I pay for, and if that means in store try ons, then so be it.

Paula Siemen
02-03-2009, 08:30 AM
If your local Payless shoes does not have the style or size that you are looking for, go to their webb site. You can order them on line to be shipped (free of charge) to a Payless Store of your choice. They will e-mail you when they arrive and you can pick your new heels up at that store and pay for them there. No mailing issues, fees or embarrassment..or whatever.

pinkpanther
02-05-2009, 01:20 AM
I purchased a pair of Aerosoles pumps (size 10) and two pairs of ballet flats at the Value Village in Red Deer. It is an excellent source of ladies shoes at very reasonable prices.

Katrina82
02-05-2009, 02:00 AM
I would never have that kinda courage. LOL. Good job for him> :thumbsup:

Katrina
02-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Katrina, you'd be surprised. When I started out, I thought that I'd never do what the gutsy ladies here do in a store...try...stuff...on. I'd never have the guts to do it. You know what, eventually, you just start saying to yourself, "Nobody cares". Now, I've even gone to the mall wearing heels and otherwise in drab and only got one look (surprise, head turned all the way around) from a woman who was walking in as I was walking out. Another time, a (very very attractive) young woman passed me and as she did, she gave me a big smile and said "Hi". People either don't care, won't notice, will like it, or will shake their heads when you are out of sight. In my experience, most people don't care or don't notice.

All this talk about shoes makes me want to go shoe shopping!

Elizabeth Ann
02-05-2009, 12:51 PM
you'll have to let me know when they have sizes 15 or 16 in the stores. can never try any on in stores.

Same here. I wouldn't be embarrassed, but nobody carries a size 15 pump. I have had pretty good luck online with a couple of stores. The best, actually, has been plain old Amazon. You can sort by available size, and even by width. The largest selection of size 15 women's shoes I have found.

Liz

Marjory
02-05-2009, 02:37 PM
I think, for the most part, stores want you to try things for yourself on. This deletes the return trip for you and the extra work for them.

My awakening came at a Lord and Taylor when I bought a pair of 9.5 low heels many years ago. The sales girl asked if I wanted to try them on. I gave some lame excuse about the wife which she saw right through. She then said "you really should try them on"; again the lame excuse. When I paid and was leaving she said have fun with them. The old "for the wife excuse" just doesn't work anymore.

At a Talbot's in the 90s I bought a pair of flats and the sales girl asked if I wanted to try them on. She was sitting talking to two male friends. I kind of stuttered and one of the guys (~25) said go ahead and try them we don't care. So I did and have been doing so ever since. I still get cold feet sometimes though(NPI).

Samantha_2008
02-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Katrina, you'd be surprised. When I started out, I thought that I'd never do what the gutsy ladies here do in a store...try...stuff...on. I'd never have the guts to do it. You know what, eventually, you just start saying to yourself, "Nobody cares". Now, I've even gone to the mall wearing heels and otherwise in drab and only got one look (surprise, head turned all the way around) from a woman who was walking in as I was walking out. Another time, a (very very attractive) young woman passed me and as she did, she gave me a big smile and said "Hi". People either don't care, won't notice, will like it, or will shake their heads when you are out of sight. In my experience, most people don't care or don't notice.

All this talk about shoes makes me want to go shoe shopping!

I live in the UK and only one stor (Evans) sells size 10 (USA 12) I was all nerves the first time I tried a pairr of boots on in the store but the SA just commented that I had the calf's to wear them. I now wear some with a 3 inch heel most of the time, including while at work. Wearing them at work was a revalation, I had to point them out before anyone commented.

epsxyblkm
02-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I would have no problem trying on shoes at any store near me. Damn, I tend to buy all the shoes that my wife wears, but you don't see to many 16's at the stores. I was glad that I had large feet when I was younger, but now its like a curse.

CD Susan
02-08-2009, 01:01 AM
I have tried on ladies shoes in many different places for many years and have never had a problem while doing this. I am very comfortable buying anything feminine and never have any problems doing so. I have a question regarding Payless Shoes. In the town where I live Payless is a department in the Shop-Ko store. I have been buying womens shoes there for the past 25 years and have never even once seen an SA in the Payless Shoes area. There are SA's in other departments of Shop-Ko but not in Payless! Is this unusual? There have been times when I could have used the assistance of a SA but there is never one to be found. Are there other stores that operate this way?

JOJO44
02-08-2009, 01:30 AM
I sure do envy you ladies that can go to a DSW or any shoe store with quality shoes and try on and buy a pair. My problem is I am a size 12w and try as I might noone except payless and Avenue have my size. I constantly ask when I walk into a shoe store "Do you carry any size 12's".
Oh well
Janet

Be thankful that you can wear size 12's!
If only I could.
:love:
JOJO

PretzelGirl
02-08-2009, 10:59 AM
There are SA's in other departments of Shop-Ko but not in Payless! Is this unusual? There have been times when I could have used the assistance of a SA but there is never one to be found. Are there other stores that operate this way?

I think it varies based on the store and the employees on duty. I have two stores like that here and it seems you just never know.

When I first started shoe shopping and didn't want anyone around, there was always someone. Then as I started wanting one around, there never was one. Okay, just kidding, but perception does change things. In a standalone store, they are always there and usually ask you if you need assistance as soon as you walk in. In the Shopko's, they probably have more responsibilities than just shoes and are in and out. So the perception is very different.

sarahNZ
02-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Although all of my heels that I have at the moment have come to me via the internet I have been into the stores and tried on shoes in the past, and liked some enough to take them home with me.

Of course as with most the problem is the size... US 12/13, and I don't know if anyone is familiar with the brand "pleaser" (all i know is the lady on the other end of my email gets them from the US somewhere), but I would love to know if any one out there has this brand, and also if you have noticed any difference in the sizing. It is rather anoying that some of my 12s fit perfectly and other 12s do not.

latanya
02-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I need size 14 ! anyone know were I could get them?

Paula Siemen
02-08-2009, 12:21 PM
For Christmas, I asked my wife for some cozy boots to wear at night when I walk the dog, just before bed; something fleecy and east to slip on and off for just a short outting that would cover my ankles to ward off the cold. She looked and looked, but only found some knit boots at Banna Republic. They were not really what I wanted; too hard to get on and off and didn't lookk like they would last anytime walking around outdoors. Anyway, I returned them. The we were in Nordstroms getting some sealler for my wife's Uggs. I was walking around the ladies shoe area (in drab). I spied some black Steve Madden boots that looked to be just the thing. Sorta faux sued outside, fleecey inside, creap soles and only $35. what a find I thought. I asked to try them on right there, size 10, they had'em; they felt great (over my socks), so my wife bought them for me. They kind of look like Uggs in style..except they have some black fringe running from the sole up to the top of the boot..kind of Indian style. They're great, just what I wanted and so compfy and cozy for walking the dog. Knowing where I got them, the make me feel a little girly too!

JOJO44
02-09-2009, 10:25 PM
I need size 14 ! anyone know were I could get them?

I just left a site "www.pierresilber.com" that has a variety of sizes and styles. I do not know the quality or the safety of the site (for those that worry about that) as I have never purchased any thing from them. So, if anyone reads this and decides to give them a try, let us all know what you think.

Love
Jo

Vivian Chen
02-09-2009, 10:36 PM
If you're ever in Hollywood, check out all the shoes and lingerie/clubwear stores on Hollywood Blvd. They get alot of CD business so it doesn't seem weird at all asking the salesperson about shoes for dressing up. It's Hollywood, there are alot weirder things than men buying ladies shoes. :D

Krystyna_Marie
02-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh well
Janet

Janet - Shoe Show has size 12s, varying widths (I found some "IT's OK" brand - funny name, huh? They're awesome!) They were sweet when I came in to look for my first pair of stilletto boots - go girl!!

Lois1234
02-10-2009, 12:24 AM
JoJo44
I've bought several pairs of heels from there without any problem (including the ones in my post in the photo section.... titled :tickled pink) the quality is very good and the selection is vast. Their prices are way better than many CD sites i've been too (i think they take advantage of closet CD's). So as far as i'm concernd, they are worth looking into...Oh, I've never had any suprise bills or anything like that either.

Lois

JOJO44
02-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the info, I am always looking for a place that won't charge me a fortune :Angry3: for a simple pair of pumps.
:)Jo

Danica
02-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Fun thread! Tonight my gf and I went out to Payless to check their shoes. I was very excited as I was wearing some stockings with the intent of trying on the shoes in the store before actually buying them for once. The sales girl came by and asked if I needed any help, like it wasn't any big deal. I tried on several pairs and bought some pretty flats and a gorgeous pair of black strappy heels. My gf was really having fun picking out heels for me to try on. What a delightful evening. Like the other ladies in this thread have said, go for it girl, act like you don't care what others may think and have some fun. I did. And I might go back tomorrow for the to die for brown pumps!

notquitegirl
02-10-2009, 03:38 AM
I always try on shoes in the store. That's the only way I know that I like them. Fortunately, because I wear a size 10, there are plenty of options for me still, because that's still a common enough woman's size in almost all stores to find cute shoes.

2b.Lauren
02-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I have found that Payless is a good place to shop for larger size shoes. My only complaint is that the cute styles are in the smaller sizes :sad: I have had SA's be very helpful and attentive during my shopping. I also have been the guy in the middle of the isle wearing drab, slipping on the 3in heels. Still I love the thrift store shopping best, they are cheaper and it helps others. As others have said the more we do it the less we care. I have turned to ebay a little now in looking for shoes. There is a store on ebay that I have not bought from yet, but does have a very good selection of ladies shoes that fit CD's. I guess where ever you are shopping from, the comforts and safety of your home behind the computer screen or the store in the mall as long as you are having fun and can get what you want it is a great day. Remember a bad day shopping, or for me motorcycle riding, fishing or whatever your pleasure is, is better than a good day at work. So enjoy!

Lauren

Angie G
02-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I've never been to a Value Village so It wasn't me. Well the gotta fit.:hugs:
Angie

Elizabeth Ann
02-10-2009, 10:17 AM
JoJo44
I've bought several pairs of heels from there without any problem (including the ones in my post in the photo section.... titled :tickled pink) the quality is very good and the selection is vast. Their prices are way better than many CD sites i've been too (i think they take advantage of closet CD's). So as far as i'm concernd, they are worth looking into...Oh, I've never had any suprise bills or anything like that either.

Lois

I also bought a couple of pair of pumps, size 15, from PierreSilber, with no problems and quick service. They were the Pleaser brand that someone else was asking about, and they both fit okay.

To get some open toed sandals with 3 inch heels, I wound up at Amazon.com, which actually has a larger selection and prices as low as I could find anywhere.

Liz

annabear99
02-10-2009, 12:38 PM
I remember when I first started buying womens shoes maybe 20 yrs ago. Payless was actually called Volume Shoe Source then. I would get so nervous and my heart would just race. I would find a pair of 11's I like, stall around for cashier to have no lines and rush up to pay. I think the sweat must have just poured off me. haha. If someone in line came up behind me in line I nearly passed out. Nowadays I just go in in male mode with stockings on and try on shoes. The SA's have always been nice and sometimes even hang around to help. It's actually almost addicting.

Thrift stores are fun, because it's a treasure hunt. 90% of the time they have nothing in my size I like, but when they do it's just a little thrill that doesn't cost much. I'm so brave now, I just try them on in the isles with the other women and they don't even seem to notice or care. I won't try them on if the women in the isle have children with them. I just think some confussion with the kids that could go the wrong way.

Dorothy
02-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh to have smaller feet so I could find shoes in a store. But for me trying on shoes in the store would be an exercise in futility.
But I do wish I could try it.

jane_cd123
02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Ahhh, shopping for heels, my new favourite pastime :)

I'd always ordered my heels off the net up until recently. I'm only just starting to build up a wardrobe again after a few years of no dressing. It's just not possible to get heels delivered by mail until I move into my own place, this has left me with no choice but to try shopping for them myself.

Quite by accident I discovered a UK store called 'New Look' and they have some fantastic heels. A couple of weeks ago I managed to pluck up the courage to actually go in and buy some (This was after vising the store 4 or 5 times in a couple of weeks and chickening out each time). The girls that work there were great with me, unfortunately I didn't dare try any on as I still go out dressed as a male. The other problem is that I think they just presumed they were for a wife or gf because I take a UK size 6-7 (US 8-9). Still, it was great fun browsing through all the shoes and I went away with 4 pairs of heels.

I'm also into 'fetish' style heels and a complete sucker for 6" stiletto's, unfortunately most normal shops in the UK don't stock these kind of shoes. I found a place called 'Alternative Footwear' and went to their shop last Saturday. There were a few couples in there and I had to wait a while for the place to empty, and then asked the lovely lady who worked there if they had the styles I was after instock. They didn't have the heels I wanted in, but she kindly offered to show me similar styles and asked what size, when I told here a size 6-7 she was replied 'oh, so they're not for you then ?'.

In that split second I nearly took the easy way out and said they were for a gf, instead I was honest and just said 'Yep, they're for me, I've just got little feet'. It was the best thing I ever did, I spent an hour there trying on various heels and the SA seemed genuinly happy to help out. I ended up buying 7 pairs of heels and placing an order for 4 more pairs of 6" Pleaser shoes. I'm going back this Saturday to try them on and maybe even a few more styles, probably one of my happiest shopping experiences so far :)

diannecourtney
02-10-2009, 04:40 PM
My experince with shoe buying started in a suburban Milwaukee shoe store where I went at 8:45 PM when I thouht no one would be there. No one was and the SA was quite elderly. ii tpold him I wanted ladies shoes and he brougth me to a clearance rack and suggested I try on a 4" heel, that was an experience. He then brougth out a pair of Maine Trotters - 2" heel and I was sold on heels. When cashing out, he said the Red shoes would be $11.50, taking the sale to an even $100. The Italian red shoe works perfectly and I am all heels as much as possible.:):) Happy are the click of heels.

Dragster
02-10-2009, 08:13 PM
You must have a big shoe budget Jane_cd123! I also visited Alternative Footwear for my heels, was also welcomed by the very friendly staff, but only came away with one pair of 5" sandals. My wife is still "anti" so I'd have a problem storing them if I'd bought more, but I really liked the knee or thigh high patent lace up 5" boots for around £50! The SA laced me into a pair of ballet heels, just for the experience; but I couldn't even straighten my ankle enough to stand up in them. They really are very helpful in there, and I live a lot closer than you, so I can easily go back if my circumstances change.

Tony

PatyR
02-10-2009, 09:25 PM
I just had my first shoe shopping expedition a few minutes ago at Payless. (see http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1594830#post1594830). I was in drab and no-one gave me a second look. The cashier even asked me if i wanted any "accessories - socks, stockings, perhaps a purse?" He seemed totally sincere and not at all making fun of me or anything like that. I'm hooked, now. Watch out, bank account!!! ;)

Few hours ago, I had kind of the same experience. I was with the wife buying drab shoes and when I was about to pay the SA told me about the offer they had, then I realized I wanted the "other" shoes and my wife encouraged me.:eek: I came back to the counter trembling with my shoes the SA was too busy having a chat with the other SA and they didn't even paid attention to me or my wife. Had it not been for my wife I wouldn't dare to buy the shoes.:daydreaming:

By the way, I was so happy I could save have of the price. it was an authentic bargain.:heehee:

Joann Smith
02-11-2009, 02:21 AM
I think Payless owes Crossdressers thier own sale ...they need to run a CD special once a month ...take an extra 10% off on any womens shoe purchased by a guy ...with a free pair of pantyhose tossed in if he wearing a dress....

Every CD i know buys payless shoes on a pretty consisent basis year round...So I know we have to make up a fairly decent amount of thier customer base...and thier bottom line....I would not be surprised to find out that their Sales Personel have been told to be nice to CDs by corporate...Because I know of no one who has had an issue at any payless store buying shoes....Hell...the sales folks here will call you and tell when the new styles in large sizes come in....if you ask them to...

So i do not sweat buying womens shoes there at all ...

Stephanie Sinclair
02-11-2009, 08:41 AM
I've had pretty good luck at Marshalls with size 11s. Good selection and reasonable prices. Mostly self serve so no problems with sales people. Try not to go shopping when the Saturday Afternoon bargain shoppers are out in herds. The women who shop during the week just seem more intelligent (if not just more non-judgemental).