PDA

View Full Version : Damn Winter, Damn Economy.

Jenna Stunned
02-02-2009, 05:07 PM
When your a self employed contractor in new england and its winter time and the Economy sucks. Things get alittle slow, So you have some free time on your hands. Home all alone cause the GF is working and the kid is at school. With nothing to do...........All alone........

Ahh who the hell am i fooling. Friggin winter time is GREAT. Since i knew i'd have some free time on my hands Ive shaved my face and told the GF that its stayin that way for a while. Ive been having an absolute blast dressing up and doing my makeup. I wake up, dress up, Then do some chores around the house, Take some pictures, surf this site. Im in heaven. God its gonna suck when summer time comes around.

Sorry I just had to rant and rave a bit. Im very active in the summer time so winter useally sucks. But now that ive found something to pass the time along. Its happy days.:D

Anyone else in the same boat, Enjoying extra free time because of the Economy or the season??? Not working can suck, But, Might as well be an optimist right??

Lisa Golightly
02-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Well... Things are slightly slow, but then I get a hectic few days... I may be a Capricorn (and born in a snowdrift) but I hate winter... Brrrrrrrrrrr... and I can't see in the snow (Bright sunlight and snow do for me... Can't see and I keep sneezing unless I wear good sunglasses) :(

Roll on summer... Bikinis... cool drinks... reading a paperback on a warm... lazy... buzzing day... Mmmmmmmm I feel warm just thinking about it :)

vikki2020
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Might as well take advantage of every opportunity, right!I'm at the opposite end of that deal, but I'm glad someone is enjoying this down time.

Karren H
02-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Alternately... I love winter and for me the down turn in the stock market has created a great stock buying opertunity, imho!!

Brandiwvr
02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
dido dido dido, ogirls what to where. i have more time but have made some decisions about my path in the trans direction so life will be a bit more challenging for now.
Have owned my own bus. for 22 years and winter is a chance to catch my breath AND I HATE THE COLD.

tamarav
02-02-2009, 08:20 PM
It's great that you can full advantage of the free time. Dress and do your chores and have fun.

I do the exact thing when I have a day off.

Your sis,

Tami

docrobbysherry
02-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm starting to see well dressed ladies proweling thru the Goodwill racks!:eek:
They're grabbing up the cool, stylish stuff the undocumented folks go rite by!:doh:

I was dressed for Superbowl. Thot I'd do some filming outside at halftime. The sun WAS ALREADY BEHIND THE BUILDINGS, here in SCal!:brolleyes:

MaryAnn40c
02-02-2009, 10:14 PM
if our weather keeps up the snow will be gone in 2weeks....ok 3 weeks. +2C today

Jenna Stunned
02-02-2009, 10:24 PM
+2 c huh?? i know how that feels. Actually today was the nicest day of the year so far{40F}, but. Were getting another 6 inches tomorrow. Already had over 50 inches so far. If it keeps up like this were gonna have snow on the ground intill june. :eek: Oh well, that only means its longer i can keep my legs shaved.:D

Wish i were in so cal. Do you even have winter there???:)

Jacqui
02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
When your a self employed contractor in new england and its winter time and the Economy sucks. Things get alittle slow, So you have some free time on your hands.....
Anyone else in the same boat, Enjoying extra free time because of the Economy or the season??? Not working can suck, But, Might as well be an optimist right??

Although the economy is sluggish, there are still opportunities. If you want work, you can find it, but you may not be able to make the same profit as when times were better. Even though housing prices are down, many homeowners need to improve or fix their homes. Now, they are holding onto their money...BUT...if they sense a good deal and feel that they are actually taking advantage of the bad times, they can feel better about parting with their dough.

Your job is to convince them that due to the bad times, your price is a lot cheaper than it was less than a year ago...and as long as you can make some kind of a profit, you will be ahead of the game.

I don't mean to take away from your girly time, but maybe you'll be able to afford a new wardrobe going into spring!

Good luck!
Jacqui

docrobbysherry
02-02-2009, 11:37 PM
+2 c huh?? i know how that feels. Actually today was the nicest day of the year so far{40F}.
Wish i were in so cal. Do you even have winter there???:)

Last week it was 40 here in SCal, too!:eek:

( Of course, quiblers would tell u that was at nite.):brolleyes:

But, I say 40 is 40, day or nite! It's still too dam cold, unless you're snowboarding!:straightface:

Jenna Stunned
02-02-2009, 11:57 PM
40 is 40 true, but your 40 was the low, My 40 was the high.

Id trade you my 40 for your 40 anyday.:D Aww to see green trees again........ Heck id be happy with seeing some grass.....
But in all seriousness, Its really not that bad. If you have lived in it your whole life, Its not that bad. All the friggin snow on the other hand......ehh......:eek:

Thanks jacqui for your advice, I should mention that Im not really complaining about it being slow. I was EXTREMELY busy all last year, And im still working like 3 days a week, Which is more than enough to get by. So im not hurting all that bad. Which is why i can take so much pleasure in a few extra days off. But thank you anyhow.:)

Karren H
02-03-2009, 12:41 AM
If you need a job that doesn't require working out side.... We can always use good underground coal miners!! Guaranteed no snow!! Lol.

rachel_rachel
02-03-2009, 12:53 AM
You're all saying winter sucks... 40F must be cold, i have no idea of the conversion to celsius but we had 3 days in row over 40 here in Melbourne last week. If you watched the tennis you'd know all about it.

The temperatures here were,
(remember we're talking degrees celsius here)

Tuesday 35
Wednesday 43
Thursday 42
Friday 45 This would be about 105 or 110 i think!

You're all complaing it's too bloody cold and i'm complaining that it's too bloody hot!

MissConstrued
02-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Oh, the vagaries of construction...

I'm looking at some ass time here soon, waiting for the next project to start. It will mean lots of free time to dress up -- but no money to go shopping. Nothin' but time... to go out and show off the new shoes & outfits I -- won't be buying.

That's frickin' painful.

Dave3
02-03-2009, 04:36 AM
40 is 40 true, but your 40 was the low, My 40 was the high.

Id trade you my 40 for your 40 anyday.:D Aww to see green trees again........ Heck id be happy with seeing some grass.....
But in all seriousness, Its really not that bad. If you have lived in it your whole life, Its not that bad. All the friggin snow on the other hand......ehh......:eek:

- I'll trade you your 40's for Aussie 40's.
It's been OVER 40 C for a week straight!! Record high of 45.7c. I believe that is something around 114 F ?

RachelDenise
02-03-2009, 05:23 AM
I'm still busy at work, it's cold and I don't have time for Rachel! I have the worst of all. :Angry3:

JoAnne Wheeler
02-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Does your Spouse know that you are enjoying CDing while she is gone ?????
That could make for a COLD WINTER if she thinks you are at home having fun while she is working.

If she knows and has no problem with it, then have fun and hope the Winter goes on for a long time.

JoAnne Wheeler

Jenna Stunned
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, She knows. She is accepting about me dressing. But some times i get the feeling that she doent really want to see it. So i think that shes happy that right now she doesnt have to. Im sure it will come as a shock though when she gets to see how well Jena is coming along. He he he.

Actually she is happy about me not working cause she doenst have to do any chores around the house, And i have dinner ready for her when she gets home. WOW, I really am playing the stereotypical woman's roll.:D

tricia_uktv
02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
And no doubt you've heard of the problems in the UK ha-ha. Where I dress we have no electricity, I have no real winter wardrobe (all short skirts and flimsy tops) so winter is no fun. Roll on spring and warmth when I can get to dress sexy

MissConstrued
02-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Actually she is happy about me not working cause she doenst have to do any chores around the house, And i have dinner ready for her when she gets home.

Women out there... you listening to this? :D