PDA

View Full Version : early encouragement

Christinedreamer
02-02-2009, 05:42 PM
We have all had issues when we were caught CDing and some were painful and some were OK. Has anyone ever been actively encouraged by a mother to CD?

Karren H
02-02-2009, 06:17 PM
So who was caught??? Not me .......... that is until 3 years ago when I got sloppy and my wife found some skirts at the bottom of my wardrobe....

Brandiwvr
02-02-2009, 06:26 PM
once the police thought I had something to do with some stolen guns, "was not involved" and they had a warrent to search my room. was in high school at this time, this could get long.
single mom didnt even ask about my stash. I geuss she had a dont ask dont tell thing goin on.
small town cops in late 70s middle nebraska and this girl cryied for awhile.
some freinds have offered to write a book about the life and times of all of me.
but thru that I found a stregnth and have had many oppertunitys to use since.
does this count?

StevieTV
02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
I mentioned this on another post, I believe my mother and sister knew I was wearing their clothes when they told me to model a pink bath robe for them. I also overheard my sister discussing with my mother my birthday cake and how it should be a fruitcake. She gave me the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack as a birthday gift.
My mother now doesn't say much although she did say she'd give me some pantyhose because of the weather. I told her I buy my own. Ah yes, the typical WASP family...always see what you want.

tamarav
02-02-2009, 07:47 PM
After one of my older sisters caught me, they decided that I should be their new little sister. They dressed me as much as they could and I loved every minute of it, even though I tried to protest a bit now and then.

Funny I never heard anything form my parents who could see what was going on.

My sisters and I are still very close and love to go out together when we are visiting each other.

Lainie
02-02-2009, 08:29 PM
My wife's schedule is pretty predictable, so it's not too hard to change back in time. Once I had to run in heels, once close the closet door. But it's not so crazy to be in a closed closet just before Christmas time, at our house. There could have been an innocent explanation. Just once my wife walked in unexpectedly when I was in the laundry room in my red-flowers-on-white summer dress. I was so ashamed--the shoes I was wearing didn't really go with the dress, even though I do have several appropriate pairs. I just shut the door and told her I was surprised to see her home early. She might not have gotten a good look, and said she was going upstairs. I was already out, then, but letting her stay in denial as much as possible. On several occasions I have walked in wearing blouses & slacks, but she didn't notice.
The one real shock was the neighbor girl who walks the dogs when my wife is out of town. She came by in the evening when I was on the phone, wearing a denim skirt and a long red sweater. She saw me from across the house, and apologized for popping in, just wanted to be sure the dogs got walked that evening. I said "go ahead", and then ran to change into denim boy shorts and a red sweatshirt. We chatted pleasantly awhile after she got back. Don't really know if she figured it out--she's sweet, not bright. At least I never heard any complaints as a result.

beenherelongtime
02-02-2009, 10:40 PM
everybody please excuse me, but i must rail, and i don't mean any harm to any poster. But my gripe is: do we read these posts. This post clearly asked if anyone had ever been encouraged by their mother to cd. most of the posts that i read had to do about being caught by their wife or mother and sisters. this is not what the post was about. sorry if i sound critical but we should attempt to answer the posts as they are written, we could save a lot of time and space this way and not be so redundant.

acdee
02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
My Mother never encouraged me but she did accuse me of always wanting a purse when my brother-in-law said my camera case on my shoulder looked like a purse. Kinda floored me at the time.

Persephone
02-02-2009, 11:25 PM
There was never any discussion that would have indicated that anyone in my house knew what was going on, although I frequently tried on stuff from the bathroom hamper and from my Mom's drawers and closets when home alone.

But oddly enough, at one point my Mother "ran out of room" and decided to store a dress and some other stuff in an empty drawer in my dresser.

I may be particularly dense, but it took me years to figure it out.

(P.S. - I love the dress you're wearing in your avatar, Christine!)

JoAnne Wheeler
02-03-2009, 09:27 AM
In a one word answer, NO !

JoAnne Wheeler

MarciManseau
02-03-2009, 09:35 AM
everybody please excuse me, but i must rail, and i don't mean any harm to any poster. But my gripe is: do we read these posts. This post clearly asked if anyone had ever been encouraged by their mother to cd. most of the posts that i read had to do about being caught by their wife or mother and sisters. this is not what the post was about. sorry if i sound critical but we should attempt to answer the posts as they are written, we could save a lot of time and space this way and not be so redundant.

I totally agree, please read the question and stick to it.

Thanks, Marci

heathr1
02-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Mom bought me a blouse/girl's top as a child and asked if I'd wear it.

I did.

Samantha43
02-03-2009, 09:42 AM
NO! I was always expected to be a man!

Prissy Linda
02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
We have all had issues when we were caught CDing and some were painful and some were OK. Has anyone ever been actively encouraged by a mother to CD?

As I have stated in previous post I was an only child for 9 years so my mother and I were very close, I would watch her put on makeup and get dressed in the mornings so I eventually asked if I could try on some of the makeup she applied. She was always willing to help me try makeup and allowed me to stay that way for most of the day, when we would go shopping I would ask for girl clothes so she bought them. So YES she did encourage me to dress like a girl, although neither she or I considered it CDing

Tasha McIntyre
02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Straight to the point.....a big fat NO

Brandiwvr
02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
my post was in a roundabiout way meant to stay on topic.

single mom didnt even ask about my stash. I geuss she had a dont ask dont tell thing goin on.

we have had alot of onesided talks since but am not going to change who I am.

Carole Cross
02-03-2009, 02:02 PM
When I was caught, at 15, I had completely the opposite response and was told in nouncertain terms that it was wrong. At the time I was considering starting transition when I turned 16, but that was enough to scare me not to do it.
Had I not been caught I would have probably transitioned years ago. :sad:

tommi
02-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Was busted by mom she wanted to talk and I didn't never brought up again.

LeotardMan
02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
I was lucky that after my mom accepted that I was a CD we boded even more. Every time we exercised it was our time together but when she officially knew I was a CD it was even more special. We would go shopping for workout clothes and she gave me some great suggestions. When she started boxing she would fight barefoot so before a fight she and I would go together for pedicures.

Geoff

Carol A
02-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Well after my mother caught me all dressed up one day, she didn't say yes or no, but when I would dress she made sure I was a proper teenager. Took me about two months before I started dressing in front of her openly after she caught me. :o

ruthie801
03-03-2009, 03:04 PM
My mom caught me said she was upset i didn't wear her old things in the bottom drawer. Never was anything but sheets there well after she caught me there was dresses, bras, etc wow mothers??

krisinpink
03-03-2009, 05:48 PM
In my growing-up days, the answer to this question would be a resounding "no"

Heck, mom even got a little angry about the one ear piercing I got my freshman year in college! Clothes might have made her head explode.

StaceyJane
03-03-2009, 05:51 PM
No, my mother did not encourage me although she might have suspected.

kathrynjanos
03-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Never been caught. My gf knew since the beginning. No big deal there.

I started wearing mascara (hard to detect) and foundation (undetectable), and nail polish every day. Since I wear odd colors though, I just say it's all the rage and I do it because I think it looks funky, or just because I think it's cool.

Nobody's come close to guessing the full extent, they just go "What the hell are you wearing?" and they shrug when I just come right up front and say it.

Rebecca Sue
03-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I was so ashamed--the shoes I was wearing didn't really go with the dress, even though I do have several appropriate pairs.

Lainie, the shame you felt is understandable, you were wearing shoes that didn't go with the dresseven though you have several appropriate pairs

shame on you!!

Slip Affinity
03-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I definitely was not encouraged by my mom. Quite the opposite, she treated it as a sickness.

CD Susan
03-03-2009, 08:39 PM
My mother did not ever encourage me to cd but she was well aware of it when I was a child. When I was 13 years old she suggested that I go to a Halloween party dressed as a girl. She dressed me up in her clothes and I remember trying to act like I i did not feel comfortable doing this but she knew better. I enjoyed that night at the party and when I came home I did not want to remove the feminine clothing but was told by her that I had to. That was the only incident like this that I can remember.

kathrynjanos
03-04-2009, 12:03 AM
My mother did not ever encourage me to cd but she was well aware of it when I was a child. When I was 13 years old she suggested that I go to a Halloween party dressed as a girl. She dressed me up in her clothes and I remember trying to act like I i did not feel comfortable doing this but she knew better. I enjoyed that night at the party and when I came home I did not want to remove the feminine clothing but was told by her that I had to. That was the only incident like this that I can remember.

That's actually a cute story. Your mother was kind to help you like that. I think in the end she was trying to protect you from a society that didn't understand. Go her!

I would try to help my child to both understand what they are going through, but also to encourage them to do what they are comfortable with. If they are comfortable in their gender correct clothing, however, I'd rather that they go out in public dressed appropriately as such. If they really weren't comfortable though, I'd seek a counselor to try to determine if they really do have a form of gender dysphoria or whatever it's called these days, and how best to proceed with it. I don't want my child to suffer through going through puberty feeling as they are the wrong sex, and then have difficulty later in life changing the way they always wanted to.

erica12b
03-04-2009, 12:21 AM
In my growing-up days, the answer to this question would be a resounding "no"

Heck, mom even got a little angry about the one ear piercing I got my freshman year in college! Clothes might have made her head explode.

my ear was pierced i high school and i still here about it from my dad, (that was 24yr ago) i was never caught dressed

Intertwined
03-04-2009, 12:55 AM
My sisters and I are still very close and love to go out together when we are visiting each other.

WOW, that is awesome...!

Took me about two months before I started dressing in front of her openly after she caught me. :o

To be able to dress in front of people that love you, I envy you.

If they really weren't comfortable though, I'd seek a counselor to try to determine if they really do have a form of gender dysphoria or whatever it's called these days, and how best to proceed with it. I don't want my child to suffer through going through puberty feeling as they are the wrong sex, and then have difficulty later in life changing the way they always wanted to.

Bless You :fairy1:Kathrynjanos:fairy3:

There was no way, my mom did not know, the clean freak she was, I know my stash was moved from time to time, she once asked me where I got the one piece bathing suit, can't recall what I said, but I know I just babbled, was never asked or mentioned again.

kathrynjanos
03-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Bless You :fairy1:Kathrynjanos:fairy3:

Thank you! :hugs:

I think that when it comes to my (future) children, I have felt strongly about them since I began considering that I may one day reproduce (God help the world! :eek:). I think it is best summed up by Sir Elton John's song, Blessed.

Hey you, you're a child in my head
You haven't walked yet
Your first words have yet to be said
But I swear you'll be blessed
I know you're still just a dream
Your eyes might be green
Or the bluest that I've ever seen
Anyway, you'll be blessed

And you, you'll be blessed
You'll have the best
I promise you that
I'll pick a star from the sky
Pull your name from a hat
I promise you that, promise you that
Promise you that you'll be blessed

Ahhh, isn't that man just wonderful?

Angie G
03-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Never got caught hun. Almost a few times but I was always too fast.:hugs:
Angie

Angie G
03-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Almost a few times but never got caught hun.:hugs:
Angie

Jennifer in CO
03-04-2009, 09:06 AM
"openly" encourage/support? No. discourage? No.

HOWEVER.... Mom did all my shopping for clothes back then. It wasn't until maybe 20 years ago I realized that when Mom was buying my clothes at The GAP she was supporting me. No big deal now, but in the early/mid 70's, Gap was a Jr's store and not a coed so although she wasn't saying it, she was supporting it.

Jenn

kym
03-04-2009, 10:28 AM
my mother never openly supported me, but she also never said a word when my grandmother bought me lace tights and dresses when i was around seven or eight. In my teenage years my mom was of the mindset of not letting any one know that i was a cd so she would warn me when we had company coming but other than that let me be me.

erica12b
03-04-2009, 11:53 AM
If my mother knew she would dis-own me right there , mom and dad both where raised very strict

Jess_cd32
03-04-2009, 12:34 PM
The first that came to mind and not being a member here thank god!...is Charlie Manson:eek:...his Mother used to dress him female.
As for me a NO also.