PDA

View Full Version : Are GGs who work in Beauty/fashion likely to......

heathr1
02-03-2009, 09:37 AM
be more accepting?

This weekend, I've been invited out for works party by a GG I know who works in a womens' department store. All her co-workers are going, (all GGs) and most sell womens' clothes and make-up.

If I go I'll be the only male there.

sue ellan
02-03-2009, 09:46 AM
if you go will you be dressed enfem or in drab? sounds like it would be a fun
time.

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

heathr1
02-03-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm going in drab.

paulaluvssz8
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Do they know that you dress? If so then I would definately bring some things to wear just in case they wanted to see me. And give some fashion tips.:heehee:

heathr1
02-03-2009, 10:14 AM
No, they don't know I dress.

paulaluvssz8
02-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Well then, I would be a not so reluctant dress up doll for them... Lol

JoAnne Wheeler
02-03-2009, 10:54 AM
If you are the only "male" there, then go enfemme - you can pull it off - most will think it is just a joke

JoAnne Wheeler

denisecdfl
02-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Are you sure that the purpose of the party isn't to transform you ??? You should practice being surprised and feigning reluctance to go along with their plans. Or maybe your gg friend has suspected or discovered our "hidden life".
Enjoy yourself - it would be one of my fantasys for this to happen.
Please let us know how it all turns out !

Lisa Golightly
02-03-2009, 12:25 PM
More accepting.... Er, no... not really. It comes down more to their personality rather than their profession.

Annaliese
02-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Are you sure they dont know.

Let us know how it turns out.

Kelli Michelle
02-03-2009, 01:16 PM
In answer to your question, I wouldn't really know, but suspect the answer is "yes". Both may have had the opportunity to work with transgender people, and (hopefully) found that we are just everyday people.

My take is that there is something going on with the invite to the party. Either they feel that you can relate to them in general, or they suspect that you are also CD or "something". If it was me, I would go in drab, and just get the lay of the land, so to speak. If you go en-femme, you have outed yourself, which may or may not be want you want.

Anyway, sounds like this is going to fun!!!

Good luck

SherriePall
02-03-2009, 02:41 PM
To answer your question, no, not all women who work in cosmetics sales and beauty related jobs are accepting. I had one tell me that I had a "problem" because I CD'ed. I only wish she had told me that before I spent my money during the year before.

tricia_uktv
02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
I would say yes, but seems like a fun challenge. Let us know how you get on heathr

beenherelongtime
02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
i would wonder why they invited me.

CharlotteW
02-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeh I'd be wondering too. I think I'd be saying something like..."I'm looking forward to the party despite being the only man there", then listening to the reply, carefully.

crunchysoda
02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Dont assume anything, take your question outside of this forum, not literally, but I think you will get a lot of biased answers.

First of all I think it is easier for women to accept CDing in general for their friends, much easier than it is for a woman to accept their SO as a CDer.

As far their job affecting their acceptance, Id say *maybe* but not necessarily. There are many factors and it's dangerous to sterotype someone like that.

Basically if you know them and get along w/them, when youve spent some time w/them you can bring it up and tell them.
Or if you know one better than the other, tell one them first.
I dont think this is the same as telling a GF or a wife, much easier.

However I would *not* go to the outing dressed or bring anything w/you for a "just in case", even if they are interested, just take it slow.

Good luck and either way have fun!
:hugs:

Lorileah
02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
i would wonder why they invited me.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Maybe Heathr's personality is wonderful, or she knows all the hot spots or she can get you into Studio54 (oops age showing). Why be suspicious? It shows at the very least they feel safe with Heathr.

And to answer the question, it is probably about the same as any other group. Some will some won't. The smart ones look at it as a cash cow.

Rachel Morley
02-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I think it is easier for women to accept CDing in general for their friends, much easier than it is for a woman to accept their SO as a CDer.

I wholehearted agree with ACG-GG on this. Having said that though, don't assume that just because they work in a predominately female environment they'll be more accepting than others because they might not be.

I must say one thing though, you should think yourself honored that you got invited to an "all-girl event" you must already be somewhat "honorary girl" or at least be cool enough that they want you there. I used to kill to be invited to events like this when I was single and in the closet. I did get invited a few time but not many. IMHO you should dress a little bit "softer" but not en femme, and be your normal self but act sweet and gentle and participate in all those girly conversations ... you never know the GGs might start asking questions about how come you are so knowledgeable and you can them lead into how you like girly things which sometimes includes wearing cute clothes! :D