PDA

View Full Version : Distance... a girls best friend

Christie ann
02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Went out for a walk the other day. It warmed up enough to take the coat off and show off the obviously feminine shirt with requisite bumps in front. Everything I was wearing was from the woman's side of the store. Unfortunately, anyone I might have met walking would not have to look or think twice about my true gender. BUT, anyone who drove by would have just seen a fairly homely looking girl out for a mid day walk.

Do I pass? Only at about 100 yards. :)

JoAnne Wheeler
02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Well at least you pass at 100 yards plus - that is better than sum

JoAnne Wheeler

Karren H
02-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Lol... I look like a GG from a U2!! And I looked way better with my old 1 megapixel camera than the new 5 megapixel one!! :).

Christie ann
02-03-2009, 11:21 AM
I forgot to add that it was 100 yards in the bright sun or perhaps a blinding snowstorm or was a dust storm?. I love Karren's comment about that 1 mega-pixel camera.

docrobbysherry
02-03-2009, 11:28 AM
I know it helps me, looking in my mirror, that I'm nearsited. :eek:

Tasha McIntyre
02-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Good on ya Christie, out there for a walk. I'm too chicken to go past the front door! Bet your heart rate was racing!

Alice Torn
02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
I relate. At my size, 50 or more yards. In high heels, i am taller than many NBA players.

Lorileah
02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Gilbert and Sullivan said (for you younger people they were playwrights before Rogers and Hammerstein...Oh nevermind) "She may very well pass for 43 in the dusk with the light behind her" So you are ahead of the game :)

I prefer the night. Once I was out dressed with my nephew (we won't get into how we both were out and dressed) on a major street here in Denver, both in minis and heels and not really paying attention, when we started getting honked at and cat calls. Well perspective is everything and since we were both about the same height and there were no landmarks to determine how tall we really were, everyone who passed us at 40 MPH thought we were really girls. Wait now that I think of it maybe they thought we were really girls of the night. :eek:

deja true
02-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Lol... I look like a GG from a U2!! And I looked way better with my old 1 megapixel camera than the new 5 megapixel one!! :).

Then for the goddess's sake do not get that 10 megapixel Nikon!

(...unless you also get some vaseline to smear on the lens!)

:D

Ashlyee Paige
02-03-2009, 03:57 PM
I found a neat little trick with my camera, you can adjust the camera settings on the 5 megapixel to only take 1 megapixel pics, that way you can get more pix out of it, It seems the 5 megapixel setting is broken on most cameras, for some reason it always messes up my pics as well! :> I didnt even have to throw my new camera away when I learned that feature!

tricia_uktv
02-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Ha-ha. Lovely experience last weekend. I was smoking a cigarette outside my pub dressed fairly (ok maybe very) provocatively. An old couple walked passed and the elderly woman looked me up and down. Am I a prostitute? Am I a transvestite? Am I a transvestite prostitute? Am I just a poor waif and stray?

I gave her a wink and a smile and she hobbled a mile. Can I pass? Am I bothered?

beenherelongtime
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
good that you have the nerve to go out.