PDA

View Full Version : Getting "work" done

Cassia-Marie
02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Before the Great Pink Fog of 2008, I rarely took an interest in my appearance. Since my girly side returned, though, I'm much more conscious of my looks and whereas I'm not inclined to undergo extensive (or even minor) surgery, there are a few things I'm comfortable with changing. I've already epilated most of my body, had my eyebrows waxed, and I undergo a strict regimen of skin care. Today, though, I did something a little more invasive: I had my front incisors re-shaped. I've never been happy with my smile. Ever. And eventhough she means it in a loving way, when my wife refers to me as "Rabbit Teeth" it does hurt a little. But as of this afternoon I have beautiful, straight, wonderfully shaped and natural-looking teeth. :D I've been smiling all afternoon and have a renewed sense of confidence that I really wasn't expecting. I should have done this years ago!

So what "work" have you had done?

Gabrielle Hermosa
02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
I've been exercising since I was 19. Over the years, I've added a lot to my regimen. It started out as an upper-body only thing and eventually included a lot more.

I've always tried to look appealing as a man, or at least not like Mr. Flabby-beer-gut guy. As I got more into crossdressing, I paid more attention to my waist. This meant reducing my food consumption and increasing sit-ups and other waist shaping activities.

All in all, I exercise about 2 hours a day. I hate exercising with a passion. I really do not like it at all. But if I want to shape my body a certain way, I got to do what I got to do.

Sadly, the upper-body workout I do to increase my physique as a man really hurts my feminine look, so I'm very limited in the tops I can wear when I dress up. :( But I have to live my outside life as a man, and it is best to not to appear physically weak (or so I feel where I live). I'm no muscle man, but one can tell easily that I do work out to see me in person - especially when I'm mowing the lawn in a tank top... do they still call them that?

The treadmill keeps my legs in fairly good condition, though they never seem to appear as feminine as I'd like. Their shape did improve a lot after I started the treadmill exercise, which I do daily now.

I shave everything from the neck down... well, minus one area. :heehee: Just started shaving my armpits this past December. I thought it might look weird (in man-mode), but it does not. It helps that I have a decent muscular physique. I mean, athletes don't look funny with shaved arms/armpits, do they? Ever seen a body builder with hairy armpits?

Phyliss
02-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Besides the daily visits to my local gym, ( "lost" over 70 lbs there ) and a careful diet, about 3 yrs ago I had some major dental work done, $2500. Now much like the stars , they come out at night, but during the day they're nice and white and piano key straight.
I kick myself occasionally for not having done this earlier. Just love my ability to smile now.

Daliah
02-04-2009, 02:08 PM
I've been exercising since I was 19. Over the years, I've added a lot to my regimen. It started out as an upper-body only thing and eventually included a lot more.

I've always tried to look appealing as a man, or at least not like Mr. Flabby-beer-gut guy. As I got more into crossdressing, I paid more attention to my waist. This meant reducing my food consumption and increasing sit-ups and other waist shaping activities.

All in all, I exercise about 2 hours a day. I hate exercising with a passion. I really do not like it at all. But if I want to shape my body a certain way, I got to do what I got to do.

Sadly, the upper-body workout I do to increase my physique as a man really hurts my feminine look, so I'm very limited in the tops I can wear when I dress up. :( But I have to live my outside life as a man, and it is best to not to appear physically weak (or so I feel where I live). I'm no muscle man, but one can tell easily that I do work out to see me in person - especially when I'm mowing the lawn in a tank top... do they still call them that?

The treadmill keeps my legs in fairly good condition, though they never seem to appear as feminine as I'd like. Their shape did improve a lot after I started the treadmill exercise, which I do daily now.

I shave everything from the neck down... well, minus one area. :heehee: Just started shaving my armpits this past December. I thought it might look weird (in man-mode), but it does not. It helps that I have a decent muscular physique. I mean, athletes don't look funny with shaved arms/armpits, do they? Ever seen a body builder with hairy armpits?

I think my situation is close to yours. I also would like to look appealing as a man before look appealing as a woman. I do not go to the gym everyday but 4 times a week spending 2 ~ 3 hours mixing lifting weights and cardiovascular exerceise. Before I got into crossdressing, I was trying to build muscle. Not anymore I still lift weights but use lighter ones with more repetition and slow movements. I've been doing step aerobics and Taebo like kickboxing for about 8 years so my legs and hip are in great shape.

I have zero chest hair so no concern there. I shave armpits, legs and even private parts. Before economic downturn I used to get leg and Brazilian wax about every 4 weeks. My biggest challenge is without question controlling my appetite because I just love eating. I'd pay $10,000 for a body of my choice guranteed no to grow no matter how much I eat.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Lost weight - plucked hair off my hands and feet and my neckline

JoAnne Wheeler

Cassia-Marie
02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm still glowing today because of my new front teeth. :D

The only other feature that still bothers me is my neck. I have quite a large, protruding Adam's Apple and would love to get a tracheal shave. That's much more invasive than getting my front teeth re-shaped, though, and would definitely draw unwanted attention while it healed. I'm of course wanting it smaller because it would look more feminine but also because I feel it looks large even for a man. I'm sure I'm being hyper-critical of myself but it's just the way I feel.

I have never liked having my picture taken because of my teeth and my neck. Now that I can smile, I'd like to "correct" the other issue I have with my neck.

Then I stop cold in my tracks and wonder if I'll become one of those people that's addicted to plastic surgery. What's next? An eye tuck? Rhinoplasty? I don't want to end up looking like Joan Rivers. :eek:

PetiteTonya
02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
only six months ago, I have:

1. Exercized certain parts of my body rigorously five times a week to stay trim and slim, but toned and not muscular.
2. Totally wax my entire body regularly
3. Pluck my eyebrows regularly
4. Engage in a regular skin care regimen
5. Stopped smoking to keep my complexion as fresh as possible
6. Maintained a body weight range of 130-135 lbs (I'm only 5'6")

I think I'll pause here for now as I think this has been rather radical and noticeable to others.

renee k
02-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Well for me it quite a laundry list, I did a post on this last fall. But here goes again.

1. Electrolysis, beard is all gone.
2. Brow lift, I had a osteoma removed on my forehead.
3. Blepharoplasty on my upper eyelids.
4. I get chemical peels on a regular basis.
5. Going for a necklift in March.
6. Not to mention doing the regular stuff like body wax, and excercise.

The brow lift and blepharoplasty were covered by my health insurance. Everything else is out of pocket.

Huggs, Renee