PDA

View Full Version : I got the GREEN light for HRT!

tgirlinva
02-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Oy! I never thought that I would come to this cross-road. My therapist gave me the green light to get on HRT. Although my parents don't know, she said that she felt comfortable giving me that holy letter. I'm nervous...excited...afraid of the unknown. confused?

BrittneySmith
02-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Congrats on a very special day for you!! Are you going to tell your parents and if so when? Sorry to be nosy, just curious how you are going to tell them. I'm trying to figure out how tell mine.

Hugz,

Brittney

tgirlinva
02-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I am not sure Britney... Part of me is afraid? Part of me doesn't care... It's really weird.

Carole Cross
02-04-2009, 12:40 AM
I plan on telling my parents when I am given the go auead for HRT. OK, I am scared about thier reaction but I feel that once I start, there will be no going back so I will have to tell them.

Kayla Shadows
02-04-2009, 04:17 AM
Im sure there are lots of feeling going around in there.Its great to hear though.Congrats :) If I had to,I dont know how Id go about telling my parents.That would of been a tough one for me.

Heatherx75
02-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Congratulations. Myself I look forward to that day, maybe soon. As to telling the parents, I haven't done that either, and I'm sure they'll freak at least a little bit, and likely a whole lot, but I think the important thing to remember is that it's your life. Even the people who raised you our ultimately going to have to adjust their expectations of you to what you want to do.:hugs:

mollytyler
02-04-2009, 05:49 PM
TGGIRL
Just remember to have those followup blood panels done per your doctors orders. VERY VERY VERY important you monitor!!!! Congrats on a big step and GOOD LUCK dear!!!
Molly

Rayne1
02-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I am sure mine would freak out. They are very religious and feel that it is not ok to have such feelings about yourself.