PDA

View Full Version : The Media SUCKS w/ respect to the TS community

tgirlinva
02-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Did everyone see the superbowl ad with the crossdresser? Did people hear about the transvestites who robbed a McDonald's? I hate how the media places tgirls in a bad light. I'm not defending the robbers. But it sucks that people see TS = TV. "The MEN" arghhh :Angry3:

gagirl1
02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
didn't watch the superbowl........i was at the mall trying on jeans.

helenr
02-05-2009, 12:09 AM
I missed that ad. I so regret that all crossdressing ends up looking bizarre in the eyes of the public and this sort of 'humor' just furthers that cruel misperception. It saddens me that the majority of humans are so uncomfortable with men who crossdress, be it as transvestites, serious transgendered individuals, or something in between. Surely that is why so many remain 'in the closet' . hugs, helenr

Kimberley
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
The media exists to sensationalize wherever it can. All this sort of crap does it confirm the opinions of the weak minded.

JennyTG24
02-05-2009, 12:44 PM
The media has always made the transgendered community look lke jokes, even some of the documenterys do too. I have always found this disturbing, and really unfair, it is right what kimberley said, This dose confirm the opinions of the weak minded. It really dose make me angry..:Angry3:

CrossdressinGoth
02-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Something like this seriously would make me want to get a big group together and sue the creators of the commercial and the station that aired it, for deformation of character to the TG community. To poke fun of the TG community because we are supposedly "different" does not give anyone a right to make a mockery of us in my opinion.

TxKimberly
02-05-2009, 12:52 PM
The media exists to sensationalize wherever it can. All this sort of crap does it confirm the opinions of the weak minded.

Agreed. Damn shame there are SOOOO many weak minded people that WILL be influenced. :Angry3:

Ashlyee Paige
02-06-2009, 02:05 PM
There was some robberies in florida a few weeks back, some guy threw on a white wig and robbed some places, suddenly its a tranvestive crime spree. seems all you have to do is hear the word trans and we are all in the same pot boiling. cant do anything but present yourself in the most positive way possible and hope it changes things.

one step forward, 2 steps back

Roberta Llyan
02-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Did everyone see the superbowl ad with the crossdresser? Did people hear about the transvestites who robbed a McDonald's? I hate how the media places tgirls in a bad light. I'm not defending the robbers. But it sucks that people see TS = TV. "The MEN" arghhh :Angry3:

So in regard to the media: WHAT'S NEW!

They SUCK period!