Thread: the wife's statement about shopping with me

the wife's statement about shopping with me

my wife is very tolerant - supportive. she readily goes with me to VS to buy panties, etc. She will pick up things for me when i have asked.

we went to mall and i said that i would like to shop ...... we walked about a couple of stores. i would look and she just hung back.

i thought that she was uncomfortable???? finally i just asked what is up. she said that she was findign shopping very difficult ... not taht she ws mad or uncomfortable ... but as she just felt as an observer ... she does not know what i really am looking ofr and "my style". so it is hard for her to make suggestions. she said for herself or her sister ... she knows what they like. so we lfet and she ahs asked me to describe my style so we can go back.

i normally wear skirts that are quite long. the bluses vary from t's to v necks to button ups. even a long sleeved sweater.

i never dress other than at home or at our cabin ...

my question is how to communicate what i am looking for / my style? ever have this problem?

yep - i have the best wife in the world.... just wish she could read my mind?
    JC

the guy that plays dress up and that has the best wife in the world!

Silver Member
    Interesting and enviable problem! If she is willing to go dress shopping with you (mine isn't) then you don't have a problem. I suggest you ask for her help in finding clothes. You'll very soon find out what she thinks looks good on you. I'd bet she can provide great ideas and you'll end up with your style enhanced in ways you hadn't considered before. She will have been included in your world and your relationship will get closer. Have tons of fun!

Banned Read only
    Well, might it be easier to show her rather than try to tell her? (Many of us just don't have the vocabulary to accurately describe the style of what we like!

What's a sweet-heart neckline? What's a Louis Quinze heel? How's a bugle bead different from a seed bead? What's a reverse wedge haircut look like?

Well, hunny, that's why the goddess invented all those fantastic women's magazines that are just loaded with pictures and drawings with captions just loaded with all the right words. Get an armful of fashion mags and spend an evening with your honey going over the pictures and reading the blurbs. Pretty soon you and your lady will be sharing a whole new vocabulary as well as a lot of smiles and laughs. And you, with her advice, will come to an understanding of fashion as communication and art form.

Good luck, JC, have fun with that!

In addition to fashion magazines, you could also spend some time doing a little online "window-shopping" together. I know I've enjoyed doing this with my SO and it's helping me get an understanding of what he likes.

When shopping with my wife i let her choose things that she fells would look good on me and i choose things that i feel would look good on her. Our taste are pretty much at oppsite ends of the spectrum... Mine being more on the hoochey side and hers is alot more conservative... The end result is that we balance each other out ...and I am not running around looking like a skank ho and she not sporting granny gear..

thanks

you have given me things to do and think about

thanks
    JC

the guy that plays dress up and that has the best wife in the world!

When shopping with my wife, she looks for things for her, and I look for things for me.

We have different styles, so I wouldn't dream of asking her to help me.
    DonnaT