Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pretending online?

Pretending online?

So do you or have you pretended to be a woman online for what ever reason?

Personally when I first signed up on "That Makeup Forum" which was inhabited mainly by women... I didn't say what I was and wrote my intro so that everything was true but I didn't say I was a guy.. So I started participating and realized that they were a pretty accepting bunch of girls.... So one thread about being bashed online I posted something about what happened to me on IM and one girl asked if they did that because I was a woman... Ahhhhh. NO!! And so I told them my story and they were cool with it...

So now I'm on 15+ forums, this one being the only crossdressing one, and I use Karren as my I'd and I put in my profile exactually who I am.. And I've had no problems at all..

Now we have had a number of "girls" sign up the last year and they look and sound pretty convincing.. But there's always something that gives them away.. Saying "Hon" is almost a sure sign!! Lol. One was obsessed with lingerie!! All she talked about.. After following her IP address to Arizona, found her posted on a TG dating site.. She quit coming around after none of the women would talk lingerie except me!! Hahaha
    Altrernately there's one member the other mods swore was a CD.. And I search and search and and chatted with her.. Nope.. She's is a she..

There have been lately guys who sign up as guys and then spin a story about they want to buy some makeup for their neice or they are doing makeup research for their girl friend!! Yeah right!! Pretending not to be crossdressers!!

So when on a non-crossdressing site do you try to pass as a woman?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Not I Karren. I moderate on a musicians recording and chat forum using my real ID..
    You belong to 15 ..Wow seems your here 24/7 ..lol

On line I almost always pass myself as a woman and, interestingly enough, call everyone hon.
    I had never even thought about it before so thanks for that tip!
    I think, as with so many others, that those of us who are too timid to venture into the big bad world often use siters as a part of the effort to be accepted a s female, even for a short time and by those we never see.
    This is the only place I have ever admitted to being a CDer which is one of the reasons I love it so much.
    Born to be both

Cindyxxx

Nope. I don't belong to any discussion forums where I am 'pretending' to be a female. All of the CD forums I participate in have me listed as CD.

Smile

When i get free samples I usualy use my woman name Misty or when I leave a review for clothes i have bought from romans.com i use my female name as well

caught by Karren

Yup... I was a member on MUT and pretended to be a tom girl (which I guess I am except for the y chromosome) . But, as you said, they seem like a nice group and I couldn't keep the deception up, I felt bad and just stopped showing up. Karren you and I had more than a few converstaions about geology and mining.

Wink

Geez Karen, you’re frightening me. Everywhere I go now I’m going to be looking over my shoulder to see if some Coal Miner’s Daughter in a Steeler Tee shirt is stocking me.

I’m going to be especially careful discussing my team affiliations (Phillies/Chargers), you figure that one out!

A couple of girls at a TG support group I attend have accused me of pretending to be a crossdresser but I think that was because of several fashion faux pax. At least I hope so.

Heck, Now I’m even worried about visiting some of my favorite websites.

http://www.bakersfieldblaze.com
    http://bluerocks.com
    http://arizonasundogs.com

Even http://www.muffinmakers.com isn’t safe!

Who knows what someone might find out about me?

Jen

Pretending to be here

Why would I need to pretend to be something that I am... hon?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Karren, Your posts are becoming so confusing to me. Is it because your team won the Super Bowl??

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    Yup... I was a member on MUT and pretended to be a tom girl (which I guess I am except for the y chromosome) . But, as you said, they seem like a nice group and I couldn't keep the deception up, I felt bad and just stopped showing up. Karren you and I had more than a few converstaions about geology and mining.
    OMG!!! I was totally fooled.. But always wondered about a pretty girl running around Colorado doing sedimentology studies!! I have so wondered where you went and really miss chatting with you!! Girl or not!!! Lol. I'm speachless!! Totally!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny J View Post
    Geez Karen, you’re frightening me. Everywhere I go now I’m going to be looking over my shoulder to see if some Coal Miner’s Daughter in a Steeler Tee shirt is stocking me.

I’m going to be especially careful discussing my team affiliations (Phillies/Chargers), you figure that one out!

A couple of girls at a TG support group I attend have accused me of pretending to be a crossdresser but I think that was because of several fashion faux pax. At least I hope so.

Heck, Now I’m even worried about visiting some of my favorite websites.

Who knows what someone might find out about me?

Jen

Pretending to be here
    Be vewy vewy afwaid!! .

Mods and admins can use your ip address to find out what city you live in and what your internet provider is.. Doesn't take much detective work online to find out a lot about you.. Even the photos you upload have info imbedded in them... One mod who is good with photoshop showed me all the stuff that was done to a photo and when...
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 02-06-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: merged - please use multi quote

.......My Photos

Karren -- This forum is enough for me and I know that all of you realize that I am not a crossdresser, but rather a female admirer.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Made of Sugar & Spice Kathleen Grace's Avatar

Red face

I admit that I'd like to chat with a female identity with other females. I don't because of the reasons Karren mentioned. I've posed female a few times in chat rooms because of the creeps that have harassed me when I've been honest about my physical gender. I rarely use chat rooms anymore. I do use IMVU for playing virtual dress up so to speak. But I don't chat with people I don't know. I'm listed as female in IMVU because when I was being honest all the creeps either kept coming on to me constantly or kept making fowl remarks.

Writing about this is making me feel a little sad. I'm so glad I have this forum to visit. Sometimes it's just nice to not have to pretend but still be treated like one of the girls. You know what I mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you crossed Richard Gere with a little bit of Julie Andrews and a whole lot of Carol Burnett, that would probably be me.

Bluffing

I tried to pass myself off on an online poker site and did for almost two years, but alas when one seeks attention like I do, it doesn't take long for someone to Google you and I wasn't as stealthy as I thought I was.

Taught me to either go all in or fold when you bluff too long tho

Sure, Karren. I pretended for a few months, on a group site, but only to make it more interesting for the guys. There is such a shortage of leather-wearing dominant women. LOL! Pictures were not the best. I got found out pretty quick and don't pretend anymore.

Made of Sugar & Spice Kathleen Grace's Avatar
    I thought about it and I just changed back to Male on IMVU. Honesty being the best policy and all. I just hope the creeps stay away!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you crossed Richard Gere with a little bit of Julie Andrews and a whole lot of Carol Burnett, that would probably be me.

I've thought about "pretending" a few times, just to see what would happen, but knowing how much "dain bramage" there is from too much "strong drink" I decided that I'd not be able to keep my story straight. Have a tough enough time just remembering what happened when and where with whom, let alone embellishing it.

What did I have for breakfast??? Or did I?
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Karren -- This forum is enough for me and I know that all of you realize that I am not a crossdresser, but rather a female admirer.
    Yeah right, Sherrie!! I'll pretend I didn't hear that!! Lol.
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-06-2009 at 03:58 PM.

.......My Photos

I haven't done other female specific types of forums, so that would be a no. But, I have a my space page and it's listed as Female, so that does count. I have had a couple of guys try to hit on me, but I just ignore them and never hear anything else back from them. I bet it's that they try with about 30 girls and see if any bite. I'm not trying to deceive anyone in that way, as I most definitely like girls!
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

yes

I love to play cards on line and have always been signed in as Connie I meet a lot of nice girl friends we talk about family and all kinds of other things.
    Last edited by Connie D50; 02-06-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Now that is for me to know and everyone else to find out Karr. I will say this however, I've been "hit on" on more than one site.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I had to lay low for CD reasons-CD and PD do not mix well.Now I am playing out to see and try to hit them with 1 more thing on my 20 and done retirement program.

I played on UR Not alone--Then I thought maybe I was alone. everyone seemed to be a guy who happened to be looking for a girl ya right like me--oK

SO i STAYED HERE--when I got hurt got sick---made a friend or 2 and became very happy here----Yes I am very open minded.If a guy like us for those reasons its cool--If they want us cause they think that is all we want and they believe the movies they can stick it----Not using me honey.

and I found some intense spirituality here. That I was mocked elsewhere for even mentioning...

This is a cool place with stand up girls. I am blessed to be a part of.

NO - I never have

JoAnne Wheeler

Former Member
    I only belong to two other forums, and they're for my manly hobbies. I have gone into chat rooms a few times as a woman......pretty scarey stuff......

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post
    I only belong to two other forums, and they're for my manly hobbies. I have gone into chat rooms a few times as a woman......pretty scarey stuff......
    Tell me hun. When I first was on AO(ehem) I was hit on a bunch and even when I said I wasn't a female...they didn't care! OY! On the up side I learned real fast what women go through with the neanderthals that lurk out in the world

I have alot of blog sites acualy to many of them to hard to keep up with everything going on, on all of them on the profile I try to be as honest as possible and put doun that I am transgender and put alot of information doun even that I am married but it is amazeing the people who dont read the profile and send stupid questions when it is all spelled out