Thread: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Did I mention Thank You?

Thanks to all the ladies who have posted about their experiences with police officers while dressed. On Monday I was driving to a training session in another state, so what better time to get dressed up and enjoy the beautiful weather. All went well for the first couple of hours. I was cruising along right at the speed limit, seat belt fastened, using my turn signals to make lane changes, all the right things for a change. I went past a stopped highway patrol car and didn't even look back. I was genuinely shocked to see him in my rearveiw mirror a few miles later with his blue lights going. I've been fortunate and never had this experience before so I was a little freaked out. I reached over and got my wallet out of my purse and had my license ready when he reached the car. After exchanging the pleasentries he asked if I had been wearing my seatbelt when I passed him earlier. Fortunately I had. I am the world's worst about not wearing them. I don't know why I just am. I explained all this to him and he laughed and asked for my registration and insurance card. They were in my purse also so I kinda jokingly said I was just reaching for my purse Don't Shoot!! He laughed again and checked the dates and smiled. Handed me back everything and said "Have a Great Evening Maam".

I just sat there for a few minutes after he pulled away and rethought everything. I remember looking in the mirror after we stopped and checking my wig to make sure it was straight!! I then got my lcense out and then almost panicked. I had to talk to a cop and here I am in a skirt and sweater with wig and full make up. I thought about all the posts I had read and decided to act like a lady and hope he was a gentleman. He was a perfect gentleman and even went out of his way to offset the stress of the stop by calling me maam.

All in all kinda scary and I needed another potty break but just one more step out of the closet and into the real World.

Look out world here we come

Whew! Well...alls well that ends well. Keep that seat belt fastened. You go girl (the speed limit).

As a professional driver for over a dozen years I can't tell you how many accident scenes I've passed that had white sheets spread out in the median or on the road surface where the people had failed to wear their seat belts. It's a sad sight. And to be dressed when a family member comes to identify your remains would be even harder on them if they don't know. Whether you are dressed or not, wear your seat belt please.

So glad it all worked out, it sounds like you got lucky and got a very nice man, but if your really in a bind next time, turn on the waterworks, that may soften them up.

Karen

That's a scary one, glad it worked out. Did you use the mens or ladies room for your pee break!

[SIZE=4]Yah! So good to hear that some of that training is really paying off. I think most officers today have had some training that prepares them for us as a whole, and tend to simply react to the situation correctly. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Happy that it went well for you.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thank u, Rachel!

For all the "arresting" details!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    YOu didn't do anything, he was just curious and wanted a better look.
    He probably thought you were cute.

Thing is, I am worse than you about seatbelts. Sometimes I hold it just to look like I am wearing it, now THAT is bad.

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I have never had it happen.If I do I hope it turns out the way it did for you.

Former Member
    Girls, Wear your seat belts!!!!

I was in a wreck a few years ago. The seat belt saved my life. A teenage driver ran a stop sign right in front of me. It happened so fast, there was no time to think. We impacted at over 55 MPH. Both of us walked away from the twisted wreckage with minor injuries. I couldn't get out of bed for a few days, but no bones were broken. I won't even pull out of the driveway without my seat belt on now.

had the same experience yesterday! However There was a warrant for my arrest for failing to pay a ticket(my thread yesterday "scary experience"). Although I was only wearing my female undergarments including silicone breast inserts it was pretty scary event since the officer had to frisk me before placing me in his car!

It seems we always expect the worse and are surprised when it isn't so bad! Now you'll be more 'prepared' if it ever happens again.

I don't think I'll be better prepared! still don't know what I would have said if he frisked me head to toe! The cop was pretty understanding and accommodating in terms of the ticket and warrant. I'm not sure that attitude would have been the same if he saw me as a crossdresser.

If you drive while dressed:
    Don't drink
    Use your seatbelt.
    Make sure all your lights work.
    Don't drive faster than the rest of the traffic or make moves that will call attention to your self.
    Drive defensively.
    If you get stopped be nice to the cop, many people may not be able to talk their way out of a ticket but can talk their way into one.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Of course I used the ladies!! The heels and skirt would have seemed out of place in the men's!! ROFl

I worked Rehabilitation for a career. I worked with the aftermath of accidents where people did not wear seatbelts or helmets. I saw the severe fractures, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, etc. It is not pretty. I generally did not see those that wore seatbelts or who wore helmets. They did not need my services.

I will say that thanks to those proud, stupid people who refused to wear seatbelts, and thought they were being smart, I made a very, very good living at their expense. I was never without work.

The point--WEAR YOUR SEATBELT AND/OR HELMET.

Jodi

Ive been stopped a couple of times while dressed. The last time about 9 years ago. I have to say the police were very professional both times. Treated me with respect and dignity. Was a nervewracking experience though. Was expecting to end up like Brad Davis in that Midnight whatever movie. Thrown in jail with a bunch of rednecks. Gina

Kathryn Janos
    Seatbelts. No excuse. If people aren't wearing them in my car, I stop and kick them out. They get a warning when I start the car, and if it comes off at any point thereafter (excepting for some obvious requirement, like removing a coat), they WILL be kicked out and be walking for anything less than about 5 miles. I'm very much a pain in the ass about this.

You see, there are other reasons just than they could get hurt, and tickets for it. If someone is loose in a car and they do not fly out a window immediately, they can bounce around inside a car injuring you and anyone else in it. People who are belted can be killed by someone who is not.

Please wear one for your sake and everyone else's in your car. They're not uncomfortable if adjusted, they don't take more than a brief moment to put on (hell, even a racing harness takes 15 seconds!), and they WILL save your life 99% of the time. You will almost ALWAYS be hurt worse in an accident without a seat belt on.

Ok, sorry, that's just my rant on the subject. But I do it because I care.
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-13-2009 at 05:28 AM. Reason: know need to quote the whole post

Glad you had it together Rachel I got stopped one night had my things in the car but foe some reason didn't get changed. Wow I thought that was close.
    Angie

I'm glad it worked out for you, Rachel. I got stopped twice last year by the highway patrol, both times completely dressed, makeup etc. Not only were the officers very polite and addressed me as Ma'am, but both times they passed on giving me a ticket.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

Carin

Quote Originally Posted by Carin View Post
    I'm glad it worked out for you, Rachel. I got stopped twice last year by the highway patrol, both times completely dressed, makeup etc. Not only were the officers very polite and addressed me as Ma'am, but both times they passed on giving me a ticket.
    You make it sound like if you want to speed, then crossdress, maybe then you'll get off!

Carin, I know it is how nice you are.

As for wearing seat belts, my cousin would refuse to wear them. I argued with him about it for years. Then he went though the windshield and split his skull in half and brains splattered all over in front of his wife and my aunt. This happened just driving three blocks to the drugstore when a drunken driver skipped a red light. The others in the car were OK - they were all wearing seatbelts. Then his brother turned to alcoholism after this happened and eventually killed himself. My aunt's life and everyone else's around her has been ruined.

Sorry about the gory details.

The point is sometimes it is not just about you. It is also about who will pay the price down the road for your stupidity.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Sounds like you were lucky to meet one really nice policeman.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Since my closet still seems to have a bank vault door, I believe I'd have been mortified if I got stopped. I occasionally drive as Karen but can't even think about being stopped and how I'd feel.

Oh yeah, I wear seat belts all the time.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!