Thread: wierd event at work

Professional Socialite

wierd event at work

I was at work today coming out of the mens room and almost bumped into a guy going in, he apologized and smiled and then he did a double take looked at me then the mens room sign and said is this the right one? looked at me again then went into the bathroom, mind you I was in complete drab (at work) and My hair is getting pretty long and all but I dont think I pass in drab. I went back to work area and told some coworkers what happened and said "I dont look like a girl do i?" then they all laughed and replied well yeah you do lol, they way you walk and everything. kind of took me by surprise, no one knows I dress but I am not too sure if im out or not LOL they all know I have a live in GF and that I always check out women, LOL usually checking their outfits and looks, but they dont know that :>
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe it is time to come out at work if peaple think you look like a woman even though you were not dressed like one, just a thought.

Wow...
    Its kinda weird.. The same thing kinda happened to me about a week ago at my work, except it was by a customer that I did not even know. I was in drab.. I was actually wearing a Led Zepplin shirt with my long hair in a pony tail. I dont think I looked like anything but a male at the time..
    Anyways..
    In a restroom..
    A grouchy old man walks in while I am drying off my hands and just stairs at me for a minute. I said Yes? He said he was wondering why a lady was in the mens room?.. Hehe..
    I said thanks hun!.. and walked out.
    Here is the funny part..
    There is a girl who works with us. I will call her Stacey, who is a butch type of Lesbian.
    When I Told one of my coworkers, (who does not know about me), about My restroom experience.. He laughed and said "Well Stacey Kind of looks more of a man than You do"..

Maybe you should think off going with it and be a girl at work. Would that work for you.
    Angie

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    I always get comments about the way I walk... not the usual big guy walk that's just careless of what's around him, like an elephant... I go more for the walk straight, chin up, one foot after the other one with some sense of style. Not that I do the catwalk everytime, but yes, I've been told I walk too nice. Maybe that's what you're doing but you're just not conscious about it.
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

Well I'll bet a lot more know or suspect thatn you think...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I would take it as a compliment. Be yourself. In todays climate it will blow over unless you want to make a statement. Don't you think it's nice to be the one gossipy co-workers talk about?
    I was in that sort of position about a decade ago. My boss was female and I sensed that she was going through a hard time. I asked her what was wrong and she looked at me and said "I'd tell you but you're not a real woman". I wasn't out but I was flattered.

Did it upset you at all to be mistaken for female? Did it make you uncomfortable that your coworkers said you do look like a girl? If it was not upsetting to you, then good. Not sure if that constitutes being out, but I'm guessing coming out won't be a big deal to anyone if they're ok with you as you are normally. Why not consider coming out? I wish I could, but my coworkers would probably treat me very differently and I might even loose my job to do so.

Something similar happened to me in the early 90's. I was in the men's bathroom at a party hall emptying my bladder in a urinal. You know how urinals work - you do your thing while standing up, facing it. It's something only men do, right? A man walked in the bathroom, saw me doing my thing, and immediately said "oh, I'm sorry..." and paused as he started to exit again. He only saw my back side and I had my long hair down. Was dressed in 100% men's clothing. How on earth could he mistake me for female? I was standing, peeing, in a urinal! At the time, I was pretty offended by it. Those were my self-denial years. But now I think it's hilarious.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Wow, if faced with the facts like that I would be sorely tempted to turn up to wrk the next day dressed for it. It would be a hoot to think of your workmates wondering where you are and who is this pretty woman in your place for the day.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

I'll bet you're unconciously showing your true self. It's coming shining through!

I would take that as a compliment

JoAnne Wheeler

Fun Loving Party Girl Ashlie Marie's Avatar
    great story. see at work I get the looks becasue i still use the guys room at work.. I guess i just figure in my whole oeffice there are like 20 guys and 400 women so the men's rooms are quieter lol. but it is funny that on my drab days as well I always get maam and couble takes its funny put on a little makeup and titties and no one even looks but have poloshed nails long curly haiur and a little beard stuble and everyone questions you lol..oh our lives LOL
    ----------------------------------------

All that is important is that you are comfy with yourself --<<--@

Come Visit me: My FaceBook Page

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations! It seems that perhaps your co-workers suspect something different about you and are accepting. You might push the envelope a bit and wear some small hoop earrings, then follow up the next week with some manicured nails without color (solar nails look almost natural) and then follow up in another week with some lip gloss and light make up.

Your avitar looks terrific and if you keep your eyebrows and a fresh facial look, you are well on your way.....if that is what you want. Good luck and I envy you that you are even considering such an idea for work.

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I would love to have someone say that to me. I have been asked if I am wearing make and I say yes I am.It makes feel and look alive.Then I say thanks for asking and off I go.

That has happened to me a few times. ONce I could hear these three guys talking in the hall, then one of them came back in to look at me, then went back out and there was more talking. They were so obvious--it was kinda weird.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Nothing wrong with being seen as a woman.

Dress as you like at work, if it doesn't violate the companies dress code for either female or male attire your good. You may have occassional people or fellow employee's make comments but they are far and few..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Aspiring Member
    Does the ive in GF know about your dressing?
    If so I think I would show up one day at work dressed.

Aspiring Member
    you might be able to come out, it seems that a lot of your coworkers would accept you. i would go slow tho, and try to feel more of them out, sound silly, but you might get away with slowly changing and telling them if i have the name i might as well play the game.

Nobody ever mistakes me for a female-not since I was a teenager-but none of my female co-workers takes me serious as a man. They often say that I'm "one of the girls" and have made me an honorary member of the "Chick Clique" at work. The other day one of my co-workers said something disparaging my masculinity (or lack thereof) and for some reason I was momentarily offended. What she said was true but I guess I didn't think I was so transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlyee Paige View Post
    I was at work today coming out of the mens room and almost bumped into a guy going in, he apologized and smiled and then he did a double take looked at me then the mens room sign and said is this the right one? looked at me again then went into the bathroom, mind you I was in complete drab (at work) and My hair is getting pretty long and all but I dont think I pass in drab. I went back to work area and told some coworkers what happened and said "I dont look like a girl do i?" then they all laughed and replied well yeah you do lol, they way you walk and everything. kind of took me by surprise, no one knows I dress but I am not too sure if im out or not LOL they all know I have a live in GF and that I always check out women, LOL usually checking their outfits and looks, but they dont know that :>
    We had that similar situation with a dispatcher----Forever I was observing the poor soul----One day---He started crying--He thought I was going to beat him up---OK look at the girl pic in the corner-

He was as fem as they get--Not a z dressa-But androganous---OK this Officer was jealous..

I had to take him aside. I did not come out. ((could he be trusted))?

But I felt better afterward- Wholee crap did I cry-Now Here I am in uniform crying.. This poor guy, his life was miserable because of me..UM - just being curious. And here I am I dress up!! Life is strange and unfair and Lord Now I loathe hurting anyone's feelings especially because of that. Maybe after my retirement if he is still there I will go and come out for him,,

Its amazing how we hurt people just on how they choose to look.

An BTW Ashly P you look so good--MY if I had half the look you have- WOW..I'd be that and the Chips!!

Sorry your story brought back that unpleasant memory--I just hate hurting others--Especially when I do whats considered worse--I am not implying you did anything wrong--

hugs Tashee

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Ashlyee, didn't u believe us?

When we told u in your pic posts, that u look TOTALLY like a hot woman? No?

Well, consider this; u may be turning into a female!
    Maybe very slowly, gradually, tiny bit at a time! ( Which would make a number of us here, jealous!)

Considering how many females wear man-ish clothes, and tone down their makeup, if your hair is long, u may have to get used to being mistaken for a woman!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It's your life although you share the space temporarily with others. Live free knowing this is who you are. I'll confirm what others have written "you look mahvelous"

I have been mistaken for a girl a few times while in drab and it is always exciting. I am almost bald but it has always happened when wearing a bike helmet or cap. One time I was riding my mountain bike in short bike shorts, tank top and helmet when this little kid and his dad walked by and the the kid asked are you a boy or a girl? Another time I was traveling and came out of the men's room and a kid was going in, he looked up at me and hesitated while looking at the sign then his older brother said "what are you waiting for go on in." I do have my legs shaved, other than that 100% drab.

I will not quote the message cause it is just too long (working on your inside)but...

Ashlyee, you sound like a beutifull person to me inside.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

Ashlyee, I'm glad to see your post about the economy and how things are. I know it's a great idea to 'push the envelope' but now isn't the time or the place to be giving employers excuses to cut you. I'm doing everything I can to stay off their radar and be as productive as possible, I don't want my name coming up for NUTTIN!