Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it about crossdressing

What is it about crossdressing

Why does it make us feel so good, why cant i live without, and will I ever learn to get my make up right

Dressed and loving it Julieanne's Avatar
    It's natural, it's good, and probably.

Julieanne

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDelight View Post
    Why does it make us feel so good, why cant i live without, and will I ever learn to get my make up right
    Why are some guys football fanatics who have to paint their faces the team colors, decorate every inch of their house with football themed everything, watch every single football game on TV, spend all their money and time on their love of football, and make football references to everything in life? Just try and make a true football lover give up football - it ain't gonna happen. It's built in to them. They're usually a fan from very young and remain that way for life.

Crossdressing is pretty similar. The only major difference is that loving football a not a social taboo and crossdressing is.

Why does anyone love anything that they love? It's just who they are. This is who we are. I love who I am.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Former Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    Why are some guys football fanatics who have to paint their faces the team colors, decorate every inch of their house with football themed everything, watch every single football game on TV, spend all their money and time on their love of football, and make football references to everything in life? Just try and make a true football lover give up football - it ain't gonna happen. It's built in to them. They're usually a fan from very young and remain that way for life.
    That describe me perfectly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    Crossdressing is pretty similar. The only major difference is that loving football a not a social taboo and crossdressing is.

Why does anyone love anything that they love? It's just who they are. This is who we are. I love who I am.
    That descrices me perfectly also!!!

Borrowing from Julieanne's response. It makes me feel good. It's natural to want to dress and feel like a woman and the act of trying and practice makes it more fun because you get to experience different looks and feelings.

[SIZE=4]Welcome the to forum![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]You should be able to get lots of tips on makeup and answers to your other questions. Most of them are rhetorical anyway, I mean, who really expects an answer to any of them?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your makeup will come along with practice, or a live-in makeup artist...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Take lessons from a professional makeup artist and practice what she/he teaches you. If you see a drag queen that really looks good, I mean that has the type of makeup you like, ask her how she did it?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your new sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Hi.
    I see the girls have already hit the nail on the head.

Because for a brief time, we get to escape the problems of our real life. We get to focus on being 'someone else', and no longer think about all the problems in our 'male life'; we can focus on the clothes, the make up, the shoes, maybe reading Cosmo or Glamour or something, and feeling part of a world different from our own for a while. When I'm dressed as a gal, I don't think about work, or politics, or fixing the car. I do some simple traditionally female things that I can accomplish completely and feel that I have completed something (clean, laundry, cook, iron, dust, rearrange stuff in the house, read, look through catalogs or online about how to decorate the home, etc.). I can brush my hair, spend an hour on polishing my nails getting them exactly right, and not feel the least bit guilty about doing absolutely nothing while letting them dry other than enjoy a soda and watch TV. Crossdressing, or, 'how to de-stress'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I just like to look pretty!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I dress because for some unknown reason I have to. With study and experience your makeup skills will improve, after several years of practice my makeup has improved from horrible to merely bad.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Me to look and feel pretty
    I am still not good with makeup thankfuly my Bonnie is but I do need to learn to do my oun.
    ""Some succeed because they are destined too, but most succeed because they are determined too.""

[SIZE="2"]Vicky[/SIZE]

Because women are so pretty and it feels so good to look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Hard to argue with that logic!

No, seriously, you can't...and Karren you have succeeded SO well
    Last edited by CarolynM; 02-13-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

A different me

For me there came a realization that there was a part of me I didn't understand. I had 50+ years to figure out the guy part of me, but this other part remained a mystery until my wife helped identify this feminine side.

Now there is Tina. She is real. She has her own opinions, her own ideas, and her own set of likes and dislikes. She is left handed (he is right handed), and she adores high heels. I need to know who she is. She makes it easier to know who my wife is. I think that helps our relationship.

Tina has made everything better. It is a bit dangerous, I guess, to follow this exploration if people who are less than pleasant were to find out, but that's an abstraction whereas Tina is a reality that needs exploration.

Maybe I can say it this way: I like Tina!

It means different things to different people. Generally it is a unique satisfaction, thrill, comfort,, that is special. It is a CD thing, you would not understand. Well those here understand. My wonderful wife chooses not to understand, totally. It is fun, so do your own thing. Like Karren says "to look beautiful", I strive for that.

Silver Member
    I dress because it just feels right for me. It is also my way of releasing that woman inside of me that is begging to be let out. If I did not let her escape the confines of being trapped in a body she does not wan't to be in then neither of us could survive. As for the makeup question it just takes lots and lots of practice and to learn from your mistakes. I think it is a never ending learning experience.

1. because we get to be ourselves during dressing.
    2. see above #1
    3. with practice yes you should.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Why does it make us feel so good? ... well, IMHO it's because we are doing something we like .... a lot! It's a bit like going on vacation ... a "gender vacation". We get to leave behind all those expectations of masculinity and spend time on vacation in the "resort of femininity" I love going on vacation! Don't you? ... and this is the best type of vacation of all
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I don't know, but when you figure it out, please let me know
    [SIZE=2]____________________________________________[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Too many thing to do, to little time. Enjoy who you are,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The DH for Abigaild(GG)[/SIZE]

As you have seen, ask a dozen CDs why we dress and you'll get 13 conflicting answers. Some like to be, just for a little while, a complete woman; some just want to be comfortable and let their feminine side out to play; some get an erotic thrill at the way they look.

If we had to, we could live without it... but we'd be pretty miserable. Is it more or less of a compulsion than, say, smoking or heroin or gambling? I don't know, and I hope I never have to find out. There isn't a "patch" for what I've got!

The answer to your last question is another question: Do you WANT to get your makeup right? If that's important to you, you'll learn. Me, I don't do the makeup thing (or the wigs, or the upper balcony, or anything else needed to pass) --- I just want to wear stuff that makes me comfortable regardless of what it looks like. So first you need to figure out what your particular itch is, and then you can scratch it (within the confines of your local laws and personal morals, of course -- so if your particular itch happens to involve bank robbery or day care centers, you're pretty much out of luck).

Ralph

crossdressing is something very personal to me. It occupies my mind just about everyday. I have a normal life, I am married and have a son. My wife and son are very important to me and I am very respectful and caring and never dress en femme in their presence. When I have free time to myself the girl in me comes out to dress and she loves to be a girl! It just is a part of my life that I have learned to accept.

I dress because I have to and because I enjoy it!

emmi

For me, it is about feeling good and looking pretty. Slip on a bra and the tension starts to go away. Lipstick, what can I say. Without it, life would be boring. Want to feel womanly, just slip on some 4" high heels.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Great question Angel.
    It is part of my whol;e being and always has as far as I can tell.
    It is probably a mix of the 'taboo' and the sense of well being.
    Generally I just love the feel of being feminine if only for a short while. Despite any mirror showing the lie!
    Sally

Always learning!

It's fun and makes me who I am. I said to my mum once, if it wasn't for this side of me I wouldn't be who I am, and I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm proud to this part of me.

I just love making myself look as pretty as possible and even if it's just for a short while, getting away from reality and just being the real me.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I have analysed it and others have analysed it and no one has ever come close to explaining the why. My mum said that it was because I didn't have a girlfriend (yeah -- as girlfriend when I was 13!) and so I made myself into my own girlfriend. I thought it was jealousy that my sister was allowed to play softball -- boy things as they were in the 70s -- but I couldn't do girl things, so if I became a girl then it would be okay.

There's grain of truth in all of it, but when it comes down to the nub of it, it is really just because I like to dress like girls do. I love everything about girls and I want to be like them. I see it as being no more or no less than any other fashion choice that a person makes.

It has added a whole totally wonderful dimension to my life and while I have never done psychotropic drugs such as LSD, I liken what crossdressing does to allowing me to experience life in a higher dimension similar to that of what they say those drugs do.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!