Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it about crossdressing

My question is why does it feel so right and yet everybody thinks it's so wrong??
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I'm a fake guy in reality.

from what I can see your "Q's" have already been answered, so I will just add if it feals right then who am I to deny it? As for the make up, all new things take time to perfect just don't give up you'll get it.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

PH, Heels, & Pretty Dress Rachel Lea's Avatar
    I also dress because "I have to". Just last night I thought I would be done for the rest of the week, wrong. I am again before lunch, dressed but no make-up did not bring any with me. Back to the original post though, I believe a good part of dressing is placing that special time only on me. Girls get to primp and prep if they wish and then show it off, it's kind of a me focused activity which many of us need.
    Rachel Lea

Thanks for all your replies, good to know so many of us share similar feelings

Mens clothes are drab....

Womens clothes feel much nicer and there's a greater variety of designs. The bright colours are too much for me to resist. Being able to change the way I look & feel with a skirt, top or hose is fantastic. I get a little depressed when I can't dress up at least once a day. Cding is a part of me, wish I had more time for it.
    Last edited by Pink Annie; 02-15-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Didn't time to finish b4 my other half came home
    [SIZE="3"]Life Isn't About "Finding" Yourself,
    Life's About "Creating" Yourself.
    [/SIZE]

I got interested around puberty I guess and just experimented a bit. It seemed to feel "right". I fantasised about being a girl though I never wanted to give up being a boy. Married, three daughters. Throughout my life I have had "phases", stayed in the closet, and had the purges. About 6-7 years ago I realised I would never give this up for ever and found myself getting serious, bought my first breastforms and started acquiring my modest wardrobe. Now I am wanting to go out enfemme and look forward to dressing all the time. It'w just who I am! Why do I do it? Because I like it and I feel sooo good when dressed!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I crossdress now for the same reason I did when I was 12, because it lets me feel like a girl.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I couldn,t agree more, ps nice to meet a fellow west midlander

Nothing new to add here......just for me it feels so incredibly right, and sensual, and relaxing, and a dozen other very positive feelings.

Make up - advice and practice I suppose. I've only ever done make up a few times but I think I am getting better

Because it is inbred and ingrained in out soul and our being - its who and what we are - it is a natural part of us - it is a part that has to be set free and expressed

JoAnne Wheeler

JoAnne and Stacey Jane, together ladies, you've summed it up!

Girls will be girls...

Kate

High Maintenance Marlena_Sparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Why does it make us feel so good? ... well, IMHO it's because we are doing something we like .... a lot! It's a bit like going on vacation ... a "gender vacation". We get to leave behind all those expectations of masculinity and spend time on vacation in the "resort of femininity" I love going on vacation! Don't you? ... and this is the best type of vacation of all
    ITA Rachel!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. One thing though...I would like to be on a permenant vacation!!!
    Don't let fear stop you from pursuing your dreams

High Maintenance Marlena_Sparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carly D. View Post
    My question is why does it feel so right and yet everybody thinks it's so wrong??
    Good question. I think people would feel better about us if they were more educated. People don't know enough about us & rush to judgement. Some are scared & think we are freaks! Any number of reasons why. I can say one things for sure. Society today is alot more accepting then say 15,20 & 25 years ago.
    Don't let fear stop you from pursuing your dreams

I can't add much to the answers aleady proferred so will reiterate.
    If it feels right then it probably is! If you enjoy it then do it! If your make up is wrong then so what....do it again.
    Have fun...there is far too much time put into being serious in this life
    Sally

Always learning!

Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Lynn View Post
    I have analysed it and others have analysed it and no one has ever come close to explaining the why. My mum said that it was because I didn't have a girlfriend (yeah -- as girlfriend when I was 13!) and so I made myself into my own girlfriend. I thought it was jealousy that my sister was allowed to play softball -- boy things as they were in the 70s -- but I couldn't do girl things, so if I became a girl then it would be okay.

There's grain of truth in all of it, but when it comes down to the nub of it, it is really just because I like to dress like girls do. I love everything about girls and I want to be like them. I see it as being no more or no less than any other fashion choice that a person makes.

It has added a whole totally wonderful dimension to my life and while I have never done psychotropic drugs such as LSD, I liken what crossdressing does to allowing me to experience life in a higher dimension similar to that of what they say those drugs do.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Toni, I totally agree and relate to everything you have said
    You're "spot on"

By the way dressing is better than drugs by far!!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    It's natural, it's good, and probably.

Julieanne
    well, she pretty much summed it up.

I may add that it's more satisfying, and if a girl can doll up then so can I.

There's no reason I can't be pretty too.
    Last edited by Omjessi; 02-19-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: left out a line.
    - Executive Transvestite

Tinkerbell

Why we do it

not one cd can give you the answer as we all have different reasons.i for one just feel so at ease when im dressed up.i dont sufer any guilt when doing it but that could be my so instilling into me that it natural.we do it cause it makes us feel good about ourself an lets face it if everyone in the world was the same it would be a VERY boring place.what ever your resons if it makes you happy then it good.

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE . THE PRETTY THINGS COST A FORTUNE

Tinkerbell

To right

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsy View Post
    Toni, I totally agree and relate to everything you have said
    You're "spot on"

By the way dressing is better than drugs by far!!

Kelsy
    i used nearly all forms of drugs over the years but since i have been openly cd,ing and with my partners help and understanding i havent been anywhere near them for about 5 years.nothing gives me a thrill or buzz like cd,ing and nothing ever will so why bother.

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE . THE PRETTY THINGS COST A FORTUNE