Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What if the tables were turned?

I often wondered about this. I would say, knock yourself out kid, have fun.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

[SIZE=4]I could stand anything but the facial hair. If my wife dressed as an "effeminate" male, I could handle that. I am quite attracted to effeminate men anyway. But I also love that she most often dresses quite femininely. I would miss that if she were to dress as a man fulltime. If she had a functioning penis, that would be really fun! [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    I would accept that, and why, well because this is who I am. I can and have accepted different lifestyles throughout my life.
    I have accepted the fact that I LOVE to dress as a woman and become a woman, why wouldn't I accept the fact that my SO wants to dress as a man. Actually we could swap roles, now that would be interesting!!!!

Mollyanne
    I think that this would be fascinating and probably wonderful. I would definitely support her in her efforts to transform and present herself as male. I do have one concern; it's the same one she has about me as a man: she would have to shave regularly so she doesn't scratch my face with her beard!
    warmly, Linnea

It would be hard to give an objective answer to that, seeing how we are always seeking for and preaching acceptance. In that vein, I would totally support her. How could I do less than what I would ask of her? I could certainly give her some excellent pointers on how to look, act, and dress like a male.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

If my wife wants to dress as a man once or twice a month, that's fine with me.
    If she decided to wear boxers everyday, that's OK too.
    If she wanted to wear baggy jumpers, scruffy jeans, those disgusting Ugg boots or those pseudo-work boots (the pink ones) and absolutely no make-up, then she'd look just like 99% of the rest of the women in society
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My wife does actually do this from time to time but only for fun parties not in a more serious way like I do. She last did it on Halloween. She's the dude in the picture below. (to see her as her normal self click my avatar) I thought she looked really cute as I of course still saw her as my wife (as she still sees me as her husband no matter how femininely I present). I seriously wanted to go out with her to a pub or a sports bar or whatever and shoot some pool but she said she would feel too nervous about doing that with a a lot regular guys around her. To answer your question, I prefer us going out together as "two girls" but I'd be ok with it just me being in dresses and her being all "guy-ed up" if it was not a full-time thing and she didn't plan to transition I would be totally ok with it ...... it rather like the situation we have now with my dressing!

The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

What if tables were turned?
    We'd make one heck of an unusual couple!! Although, in college before we dated for Halloween I was dressed enfemme, and she was a man. So we'd be back where we started.

I do not believe that we can give you the answer you are looking for, because, Your perspective all depend on where your feet are standing.

To your question, sure, I would probably be uncomfortable with what you proposed, but, I would not be embarrassed to be seen with her, even dressed as you described, my wife could dress full time like Bozo the clown, and if it made her happy, I would be O.K. with it, may be not thrilled, but O.K. with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sosoft73 View Post
    For people to see u around town (editted) their assumption will be definitely GAY..
    If she looks like him, and he looks like her, honestly, the would probably just be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess_cd32 View Post
    The prostetic idea kinda freaks me out abit though.
    Kinda unrealted, but, my wife is a leg amputee and has a prostetic leg, and it does not freak me out, neither would any other prothetic, of course I do not get freaked out by much, I went to the hospital to get her amputated leg and take it to the mortuary for cremation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona K View Post
    I don't believe half of the claims, yeah, whoopee!
    Sorry, but that thats , we were asked our point of view, and I can not answer for the others here, but, one thing im known for, is telling the truth.
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-14-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts please use the edit button and or multi quote
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar

The problem with this argument...

[SIZE="3"]...is that you all are cd/ts/tg and your partners are not. So this argument doesn't work as you would be more willing to accept, understand and tolerate it in your life.

Now to say something like... "what if your partner wanted to be a fetish model?" - or anything along the lines in which their attire is questionable, possibly considered sexual and in which they would get a lot of attention walking about in it.

Truth is, saying things that put your partner in a similar situation doesn't truly answer your level of acceptance. Putting them in a situation that you would have the least desire to see them in or find them least attractive, etc would be far closer to how many SOs feel.

I should know. As a female Drag Queen in which I get a lot of attention for my outlandish, sexy costumes... most men do NOT want to be around that.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

I wish the lady could feel, understand the sorrow, rejection, lonliness, isolation, and disenfranchisement, and frustration, that many men know so well today, especially single loners, with no families, or SO's. Then, she may think a second time, and be glad she is a birth girl. Girls have a lot more attention, fun, and are in demand. Many lone men, are unwanted, feared.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Let's see my doesn't shave her legs all that often and she likes to wear my clothes, she also doesn't wear makeup. Maybe my wife is a CD'er!!!
    Really I'm slowly becoming more femme than her.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

[SIZE="3"]
    Quote Originally Posted by lucille tallady View Post
    I wish the lady could feel, understand the sorrow, rejection, lonliness, isolation, and disenfranchisement, and frustration, that many men know so well today, especially single loners, with no families, or SO's. Then, she may think a second time, and be glad she is a birth girl. Girls have a lot more attention, fun, and are in demand. Many lone men, are unwanted, feared.
    I wish men could understand the sorrow, rejection, loneliness, isolation and frustration that so many women know all too well today. Especially those that are single with no families. Then maybe he would think twice and be glad he was born a male. Men have a lot more freedom, room for aggression/competition without their sexuality being questioned. Many lonely women are considered gay, cold and/or unwanted.

You know, until you've lived as a woman, please don't paint the grass greener on this side of the fence. No one sex has it any easier than the other. For every good thing about being a woman, there's a downside.

Oh... and making it sound as if women don't give men a second thought and implying they are shallow, does not help anyone get any closer to finding an SO. How about trying to be more positive and not blaming the loneliness on someone else?
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/SIZE]

Obviously, I do not want a hairy body and mustache now. So how would I feel if my bride suddenly decided to have one? I would have to give her her space to experiment, but with limits and times. That way everyone gets to be what they want and the limits means the other partner gets the very person they married and wanted in the first place. It would be a very different house.
    Charlie

But I think there are stages to this. My wife wears jeans, works in the yard...hard, works out at the gym, skis as good as me...and growing up was a tomboy. And she's also beautiful. I love all those things in her. She can wear some of my clothes, but I get a push back should I wear her's. So, maybe to some degree, we have opened a door for them to be like guys.

If she started acting too masculine (as opposed to tomboyish), I think maybe a part-time arrangement would work for me, but definitely not full-time. I would not want to be full-time myself.
    Kristen

DD, I do not say thaqt women have not had it difficult too. I only mentioned what i have witnessed, in my 54 yrs, as a single man. Most of my friends are also, old never married loners. Some have died alone, and were not found, for days, after. I do rspect, and care about women's tough issues. I actually, have housed two homeless women, at different times, AND, i never had sex with them. In fact, I respect them so , much, that i am still a virgin, not taking advantage with them, even, when I could have! I know it must be very hard, for single mom's. I have lived in as a helper, several times, with handicapped older ladies. I alway open the doors for dates i have had! I cd, in admiration, for them. I stand by what i posted, about what many loner men go through. The suicide rate for single men, is the highest, also. Have a nice day.

[SIZE="3"]Lucille,

I have no doubts that single men have it difficult. Nor do I doubt your love and respect for women. Merely pointing out that one man's love is another man's hatred. There are just as many lonely, heartbroken women out there that feel men don't even look their way. Being born female doesn't give us any advantage over being born male; just a different life. That's all.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/SIZE]

First time I've really thought about this question, and to be honest at first it shocked me, but then again, I wonder when I told Warped that I wanted to dress etc if she wasn't a little shocked.

I think a lot of girls already do some sort of form of Cd and in reality it's not frowned upon at all, so the dressing side of it would be no different. How many girls do you see wearing jeans, and flannel? Tons.

Growing hair - well they do that anyway, and really it doesn't bother me, I use to be hairy, it's a state I don't want to return to, but if Warped wanted to stay hairy then I wouldn't worry, she's still the lady I married her, I think she would be very much like I am, Honey is always part of my male, I don't suddenly change into anything different on the inside, it's the outside I'm changing when I dress.

At the end of the day the attachment for me downstairs would be interesting, and just like my boobs, if they make her feel more in the role then so be it, I would no doubt grope her - I'm still male after all.

If she came straight out and wanted full time, I would find it hard, as I think if I had as well. Again it's finding the balance that we're both happy with, otherwise what's the point?

I love Warped, and believe I would support her in whatever she wanted to do, just as she has with me. And going shopping as a couple would certainly be entertaining.
    Save the internet - use recycled pixels
    The Only Tag that is worth having is the one for the dress you're looking at buying - and even that's not always 100% correct

It's an interesting question but in modern Western society there is not a direct converse of MtF cross-dressing. There is a lot of societal role-play attached to the unwritten rules about what one may and may not wear in terms of gender specificity. Because of their position, women have got access to virtually all the clothing styles anyway, so it's rather difficult for a woman to make a clear-cut CDing statement in the same way a man can.
    So I see it as very much a hypothetical question. If it were a real situation then I would give my wife the same tolerance that she gives me. But as I said, for reasons that are fairly difficult to summarise, it's not simply the opposite of the MtF situation.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I am going to throw this out there, women dress like men whenever they want. Pants, tee shirts, sneakers. They have the freedom to do so. Some wear 3 piece suits with ties, look good too. Nothing said, no raised eyebrows. And Gawd, why do they insist upon wearing some really really ugly shoes. Your wife of gf comes down the stairs wearing a pair of consruction boots, lumberjack shirt, and scruffy jeans.....no problem....try showing up in a taffeta dress.

Untitled

Angry Disappointed

What if the tables were turned?
    I thought that this thread was about how we would deal with our SOs saying they wanted to be like a man!!

I am really disappointed in the number of posters who have taken this thread and turned it around to how they "are not" accepted. This just shows IMHO how selfish some people really are
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

My wife is my feminine role model. I think it would be very odd if she decided to emulate a man. Not her at all. I would have hard time adapting if she did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Lang View Post
    This is for those CD'ers who are in relationships with a GG. Let's say the tables were turned and instead of you being the CD'er in the relationship, your SO was, and they went the whole hog...
    I don't believe I would be able to deal with that in the woman I love. I love girly, femininity. That's my personal interest in cding - to become what I consider girly, attractive, sexy, feminine, etc. A masculine SO is not someone I could be attracted on multiple levels because of my own interest in high femininity. I'm pretty sure that there would be something I'd pick up on before marrying a woman who was a ftm cd though. I've had serious relationship problems with women in the past that I didn't feel were feminine enough. I tried to get them to be more feminine, sexy, girly, etc. and they gave me the boot (and understandably so).

In the case that there was no evidence I picked up on and my seemingly feminine wife turned out to be a ftm cd, I'm certain it would cause problems - likely a split. I would not be able to share it with her, as it would really be repulsive to me. The very thought of my wife masculinized (is that a word?) would make it almost impossible to ever make love to her again (or to even be aroused by her).

Could I be close friends with a ftm cd? Absolutely! Any woman who wants to present herself masculine is fine by me. Could I be romantically involved with one? No. It wouldn't work for me. I think it wouldn't work for me because I'm a mtf cd.

In sharing that, I'll probably have to accept the label of hypocrite from some people. Agree or disagree, I personally feel that this is one of those things that is not the same when the roles are reversed. To make an example, if a police officer shoots an armed bank robber in the act, is it the equal flip side of a bank robber shooting a police officer while robbing the bank? I'm NOT comparing ftm or mtf cding to either the cop or the robber's side, only pointing out that not all situations are equal when reversed. Again - just my feelings on the matter.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Don't know. I would hope I could handle it as well as my wife, when I told her about me. Talked to my wife about it and her comment was "Why would I lower myself to the level of men." So, by that I would have to say that she feels men are well behind (lower if you will) wemen. I intend to do my darndest to catch up to her!

I wouldn't like it. I don't want to marry or date a crossdresser. Sorry. Regular girls for me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There is a nice couple in my TG group in this stuation maybe next month I'll ask them some Q's about how they deal with it.
    Very interesting.I would be OK with it and why not I like guys too just not too hot on beards.