Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purging...

Aspiring Member
    Wow...I didn't even realize this had a name to it...I'm already learning haha.

I thought my estimate of $400 was bad until I saw some of y'alls.

I PURGED away a small fortune in clothing, gowns, shoes, jewelry, lingerie, makeup, etc in my "GREAT PURGE of 1995" - it had taken me 25 years to accumulate that wardrobe and I can no longer replace the classic clothing and lingerie and nightgowns - that makes me very forelorn

My advice to all my sisters - no matter how much you think you need to purge, -> PLEASE DO NOT DO IT ! Otherwise you will be sorry that you did, like me.

JoAnne Wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    I just throw out the stuff that doesn't fit
    I just threw out 2 pairs of shoes for that reason.

Probably a small fortune. No use crying over spilt makeup though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think adding clothing that wears out such as pantyhose and tights.. good question.. I hate the thought of what my answer would be.. but here it goes.. I'm a cheap cross dresser.. most of the shoes I have or had were bought at payless (get less) Walmart, Target, K-mart or I do have one pair of shoes from Sears.. I thought about the shoes alone and that comes out to about 100 pairs that I had plus the sixteen pair I still currently have (100 all together or better than 100 pairs.. either way how embarrassing)... and my clothes (early skirt attempts as well as other clothing disaster ideas) and that would equal(??) don't know.. I think around a thousand dollars only.. because I am so cheap.. I hate to think that I spent that much doing this...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I have two great friends who store my clothes for me at their homes. Used to purge completely; now purges are only for clothes I no longer want.

Divorce, however is imminent...the bright side is then the sky's the limit!

In the early days I would by second hand clothes and shoes at thrift stores,wear them until they were wore out and completely unuseable,since my divorce in 1983,well thats different.
    I would estimate my purges were equal to Americas defense expenditures since the revolutionary war,+ or - a few cents,just kidding.
    I very seldom purge any more,my shoe collection is equal to Emelda Marcos's shoe collection,as for clothes,I toss them when they no longer fit,they become too large and no longer fit like they did when I bought them.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

never purged

I don't think I've ever purged, I do remember the days when i thought I would quit doing this, but I think that was before I really owned anything.

I have gotten rid of stuff in a few different moves. I can't think of anything I've gotten rid of that I might want again. I'd call those gifts to thrift stores good riddance. I think I need to do it again. My closets are filling up with stuff I haven't even looked at in 5 years

Probably $400-$500 worth of shoes. Not so much the money, but I miss a particular pair of killer leather pumps that really fit well.
    Julie

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    I've written about this on other forums before. My suggestion is that if you feel the need to purge, pack it all up in bags or boxes and ask someone else to store it for 6 months for you. If after 6 months you haven't asked for it back, they get to keep it or dispose of it for you. If they're a CD or GG who knows about the CDing, they get to go through it, share it with their friends, etc. If the person storing it wouldn't be interested, they are simply to donate the whole lot.

In about 9 years, I haven't heard of a single person who hasn't reclaimed their stuff in under 3 months.

Kathryn Janos
    Quote Originally Posted by JennSC View Post
    Okay girls, on a recent thread I read about how many things we purged that we loved and now missed.

For those of you who have been through the "binges and purges" over the years, what is the value of all the clothes, shoes, etc. that you have tossed???

I guess conservatively around $8 - $10,000 over 25 years! WOW!

Think about it. Wouldn't it be worth it to just rent a storage locker and pay by the month to keep everything???
    Yeah, but think about how quickly that stuff goes out of fashion!!!

Seriously though, I have not really purged anything. Once I realized what I was and accepted enough to buy clothing, there was no going back.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

I guess many thousands of dollars as well. It possibly would be cheaper to rent a space to store everything, but in the end we all thought it would end when we purged. Therefore, there would have been no point to keep anything. We were done with Crossdressing.

Hindsight is 20/20 so next time I renting a space.
    Michelle

Unhappy Such a Waste

First off I am glad to find out that I am not the only one who throws out my things! I recently had a change of situation and got rid of all my wonderfully pretty things. Dresses,heels, lingerie everything it was quite a bit over $1000.oo. Now I have nothing but a pair of silk panties, my shaved legs and underarms, and my pretty nails. I am very, very sad.

is in her vest
    i only ever regret purging my photos....clothes and the rest i could replace, but i do regret not having photos of me as a teen

I don't like to think of the money I've wasted but I do regret throwing some prized clothes away: my little black anckle boots and a satin pencil skirt spring to mind!
    Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

I Love A Starry Night!
    I have purged three times over the years and after each time I have thought right I will never crossdress again but a few months later I was buying outfits. The last time I purged was two years ago and after that I said I would never do it again as I got rid of some really nice dresses that cost a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Oh, I don't know how much money I lost... That doesn't seem important. Purging for me was a desperate attempt to try and control my transsexuality... I just couldn't admit I was so I'd get moody, bin everything, try and be a man, get moody and then eventually stop fighting myself once more... I find my purges quite heartbreaking looking back on them... I really didn't cope with things very well back then.
    Purging for me was a desperate attempt to kill the girl inside. It never worked I am who I am. I am learning to cope!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Smile Hello

[SIZE="2"]Hello every one. I even hate the idea that i would have to purge my things. My wife knows i dress up. She is getting into it more and more, but i have taken it slow. She told me that i have to get rid of thing that dont fit me i told her that i will. So i did come up with a Yahoo group. It is for girls that have to purge or would like to post things they dont wear. It is for girls that would like to swap to. I do have the link in my profile if any one would like to join. I have not had time to post thing yet. My wife hs me working on the house lol. I hope to list a few this weekend. I hope this helps some of the girls out there.

Trinity K[/SIZE]

Probably only a total of $2000 value over the years, but it wasn't the cash value, but the fact that there are so few truly beautiful sexy things in my size. Size 16 shoes anyone back in the day? Nope, didn't think so. I had one pair of size 15's though that I got out of a kinky mail order catalog a very long time ago (took about six months to get them, I thought they would never arrive!), that I purged, and didn't find another pair for years. All I could wear with my girl stuff was a pair of plain sneakers, and it's just, well, not the same. Not being well endowed, panties were always a somewhat easy find, but bras? Took quite a long time, of buying and tossing them into the donation bins, to find some that fit me. One very expensive dress that never fit quite right, but I kept it for several years because it just felt so pretty to put on.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Purging? What's that?

I havn't purged in a while. I would say about 7 or 8 years. I think I still have my first shaper panty I bought when I moved out on myown in 95. I'm a pack rat and in the closet(bad combo). I give Goodwill a thing or two from time to time, but it's rare. I think a big purge would hurt too much. Eventhou doing so would give me a reason to shop for better clothes. Like I need a reason.LOL!
    Cary

I have never purged because it has been only 1.4 years that I have bought my own girl clothes. I do have a small wardrobe that I can't even deam of wearing but I keep them for visiting models. size 0 thru size 12 would be my guess. I am size 16 and up to say size 20 depending on maker and item. The only thing I presently get rid of are nylons and panty hose. I think I am a champion 'run' maker. Grin
    Speaking of making I have never sewn anything for myself, always did it fo the wife and daughters. I have even taken a patteren making couse. Been sewing since I was 10. Mom was a Phaff instucto and to show the students how easy it was to sew she taught me.
    One year I sew matching square dance outfits for the five of us, The wife, two daughters, the male me, and my son. These were then worn in a fashon show at a national square dance convention. I even made the pettycoats, vests, garters (13 of them), and male shirts and pants. took three weeks to make it.
    Even made the bows used on the wifr and daughter's shoes.

Silver Member
    I started to say that I had purged quite a bit, but the truth is that I got rid of things that I didn't look good in, that were out of date, or were worn out. With a wife and daughter that purge the above on a regular basis my wardrobe purges are minimal. If I only count the clothes that I threw out to avoid detection of guilt maybe $40.

I’ve purged quite a few times over the years last time was 2 ½ years ago when I was moving to Texas I was in a relationship with a GG and I thought that would silence the girl forever but as you can all guess……I was dead wrong…..6 months after the move we broke up and I could feel that girl in me looking all gorgeous and fem staring at me from the threshold of my closet asking “when are you going to let me out?”

I have had a few impulses in the past 6 months or so to purge but my therapist says that when I get the urge to purge I need to just pause and think about it and how purging will not solve anything and will only make me feel sad in the end.

I had a couple of really fabulous dresses that my sisters had discarded and a couple of pieces of jewelry that I really regret having purged.

And like Sweet Jane said I regret having purged my photos the most.

I've purged a few times, ladies, but the financial loss didn't amount to all that much...maybe a few hundred dollars altogether. I do really miss some of the things I tossed over the fence at Goodwill, however, like my pretty pink satin cami and my classic Candie's mules.

The biggest problem is that purging is like losing weight too fast: when all is said, and done, and danced around in, you wind up with significantly more than you started with.

Fortunately, that's not a totally awful problem.

Lallie
    Time for a change.