Thread: Purging...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Purging...

Okay girls, on a recent thread I read about how many things we purged that we loved and now missed.

For those of you who have been through the "binges and purges" over the years, what is the value of all the clothes, shoes, etc. that you have tossed???

I guess conservatively around $8 - $10,000 over 25 years! WOW!

Think about it. Wouldn't it be worth it to just rent a storage locker and pay by the month to keep everything???
    [SIZE="3"]XOXOX,
    Jenn
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"GIRLS WITH PEARLS"
    The Essence of a Woman
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Probably £100 to £150 UK.

it's been a while since a purge but your right, back in the day I tossed a lot of stuff. My closet won't be big enough now for all of it, so maybe it wasn't so bad and some went to goodwill So some other CD may have it now Recycle and we all win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

well over the $1000 mark. not sure if it is worth a container for 1000 over 15 years.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

I havent purged more than a few bras and panties ever.... I was a prolific borrower... and since my hobby came back with a vengence... I keep my wardbore in check by giving away things I no longer wear to goodwill or sisters that can't afford nice things... but I don't consider that purging... more like feeding my shopping adiction!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My second wife decided to purge for me just before she walked out on me the last time. I believe that one alone cost me close to $5,000.00 however over the years leading up to that one I personally purged to the tune of $3,000.00. I guess that puts my purges to a total estimated value of $8,000.00 over roughly 14 years.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Like Karren, I have only gotten rid of a few things like panties and nylons. I wouldn't want to get rid of everything. Keli

Haven't purged in over 20 years (see other thread about "are you comfortable where you are and for how long") but back in college I went through denial once or twice trying to "cure" myself. How funny it is now to look back and realize I thought I was going through something unique, only to find out years later that it's so commonplace there's even a term for it.

Didn't lose much financially; all my stuff came from secondhand stores at the time. But I do miss this old-fashioned pioneer/granny type dress - a brownish floral cotton print with puffed sleeves, a full skirt, and smocked bodice.

Of course, that was a size 10 and a bit snug on me; now I'm a size 24 and it would take two of those dresses to go around me! Once in a while I browse ebay looking for something similar or watch old "Little House on the Prairie" reruns and wistfully admire the Ingalls girls' dresses, wishing I had one like that. If nothing else I wish I had the sewing skills to just make one myself! But I can barely stick two pieces of cloth together and count on them staying together for any length of time.

I'm sorry, what was the question? I seem to have lost track (again)...

Purging is silly because all you'll do is regret it!! I just throw out the stuff that doesn't fit and won't ever, or "what was I thinking when I bought that!!"

[SIZE=4]I guess I have been kind of lucky. Most of my purging was done in the days when I just bought makeup. But one time I felt that I needed to get rid of my things because we were moving and I did not have a good place to hide things. That probably resulted in disposal of about $1,000 worth of memories. So, overall in my life, I have probably not thrown out more than about $2,000 worth of things. A lot of my wife's things fit me (if I don't breathe very deeply) so I don't have to spend a lot on clothes.[/SIZE]

I would guess about $2000 to $3000 dollars worth. This over a span of 15 years. Its been awhile since my last one, so dont jinx me talking about it.

Not a great deal really because I have always been deep in the closet. Probably no more that say $400 over the years.

On a happy note....and I have to scream this out... thanks to recent developments with the wife.

[SIZE="4"]I never have to hide or purge anything again.....happy days [/SIZE]

Cheers

Tash

Aspiring Member
    toward $10,000. I mentioned in another post how i bought clothes that really didn't fit me and i would have been better off having clothes custom made.

Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    I just throw out the stuff that doesn't fit
    I just threw out 2 pairs of shoes for that reason.

Probably a small fortune. No use crying over spilt makeup though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I PURGED away a small fortune in clothing, gowns, shoes, jewelry, lingerie, makeup, etc in my "GREAT PURGE of 1995" - it had taken me 25 years to accumulate that wardrobe and I can no longer replace the classic clothing and lingerie and nightgowns - that makes me very forelorn

My advice to all my sisters - no matter how much you think you need to purge, -> PLEASE DO NOT DO IT ! Otherwise you will be sorry that you did, like me.

JoAnne Wheeler

Probably $400-$500 worth of shoes. Not so much the money, but I miss a particular pair of killer leather pumps that really fit well.
    Julie

Kathryn Janos
    Quote Originally Posted by JennSC View Post
    Okay girls, on a recent thread I read about how many things we purged that we loved and now missed.

For those of you who have been through the "binges and purges" over the years, what is the value of all the clothes, shoes, etc. that you have tossed???

I guess conservatively around $8 - $10,000 over 25 years! WOW!

Think about it. Wouldn't it be worth it to just rent a storage locker and pay by the month to keep everything???
    Yeah, but think about how quickly that stuff goes out of fashion!!!

Seriously though, I have not really purged anything. Once I realized what I was and accepted enough to buy clothing, there was no going back.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

I guess many thousands of dollars as well. It possibly would be cheaper to rent a space to store everything, but in the end we all thought it would end when we purged. Therefore, there would have been no point to keep anything. We were done with Crossdressing.

Hindsight is 20/20 so next time I renting a space.
    Michelle

Unhappy Such a Waste

First off I am glad to find out that I am not the only one who throws out my things! I recently had a change of situation and got rid of all my wonderfully pretty things. Dresses,heels, lingerie everything it was quite a bit over $1000.oo. Now I have nothing but a pair of silk panties, my shaved legs and underarms, and my pretty nails. I am very, very sad.

Purging? What's that?

I havn't purged in a while. I would say about 7 or 8 years. I think I still have my first shaper panty I bought when I moved out on myown in 95. I'm a pack rat and in the closet(bad combo). I give Goodwill a thing or two from time to time, but it's rare. I think a big purge would hurt too much. Eventhou doing so would give me a reason to shop for better clothes. Like I need a reason.LOL!
    Cary

I have never purged because it has been only 1.4 years that I have bought my own girl clothes. I do have a small wardrobe that I can't even deam of wearing but I keep them for visiting models. size 0 thru size 12 would be my guess. I am size 16 and up to say size 20 depending on maker and item. The only thing I presently get rid of are nylons and panty hose. I think I am a champion 'run' maker. Grin
    Speaking of making I have never sewn anything for myself, always did it fo the wife and daughters. I have even taken a patteren making couse. Been sewing since I was 10. Mom was a Phaff instucto and to show the students how easy it was to sew she taught me.
    One year I sew matching square dance outfits for the five of us, The wife, two daughters, the male me, and my son. These were then worn in a fashon show at a national square dance convention. I even made the pettycoats, vests, garters (13 of them), and male shirts and pants. took three weeks to make it.
    Even made the bows used on the wifr and daughter's shoes.