Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purging...

Purging...

Okay girls, on a recent thread I read about how many things we purged that we loved and now missed.

For those of you who have been through the "binges and purges" over the years, what is the value of all the clothes, shoes, etc. that you have tossed???

I guess conservatively around $8 - $10,000 over 25 years! WOW!

Think about it. Wouldn't it be worth it to just rent a storage locker and pay by the month to keep everything???
    [SIZE="3"]XOXOX,
    Jenn
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"GIRLS WITH PEARLS"
    The Essence of a Woman
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Probably £100 to £150 UK.

it's been a while since a purge but your right, back in the day I tossed a lot of stuff. My closet won't be big enough now for all of it, so maybe it wasn't so bad and some went to goodwill So some other CD may have it now Recycle and we all win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

well over the $1000 mark. not sure if it is worth a container for 1000 over 15 years.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

I havent purged more than a few bras and panties ever.... I was a prolific borrower... and since my hobby came back with a vengence... I keep my wardbore in check by giving away things I no longer wear to goodwill or sisters that can't afford nice things... but I don't consider that purging... more like feeding my shopping adiction!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My second wife decided to purge for me just before she walked out on me the last time. I believe that one alone cost me close to $5,000.00 however over the years leading up to that one I personally purged to the tune of $3,000.00. I guess that puts my purges to a total estimated value of $8,000.00 over roughly 14 years.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Like Karren, I have only gotten rid of a few things like panties and nylons. I wouldn't want to get rid of everything. Keli

Haven't purged in over 20 years (see other thread about "are you comfortable where you are and for how long") but back in college I went through denial once or twice trying to "cure" myself. How funny it is now to look back and realize I thought I was going through something unique, only to find out years later that it's so commonplace there's even a term for it.

Didn't lose much financially; all my stuff came from secondhand stores at the time. But I do miss this old-fashioned pioneer/granny type dress - a brownish floral cotton print with puffed sleeves, a full skirt, and smocked bodice.

Of course, that was a size 10 and a bit snug on me; now I'm a size 24 and it would take two of those dresses to go around me! Once in a while I browse ebay looking for something similar or watch old "Little House on the Prairie" reruns and wistfully admire the Ingalls girls' dresses, wishing I had one like that. If nothing else I wish I had the sewing skills to just make one myself! But I can barely stick two pieces of cloth together and count on them staying together for any length of time.

I'm sorry, what was the question? I seem to have lost track (again)...

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I havent really purged anything because I didn't have that many clothes until now. By my nature I am a bit of a hoarder, I got that from my mother, and I tend not to throw things away. I am at the moment, however, having to purge some of my male clothes to make room for my femme clothes.
    living the dream

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I purged a really nice leather skirt and a silk nightgown that I bought in Korea. I did it just before I got married.
    I did get to sleep in the nightie a few times while staying in a hotel on that Korea trip. The nice thing was I was on a training mission for the Army and I was spending my nights in a hotel wearing my new silk nightie.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I have just recently finished a major purge, no I did not get rid of everything, but almost all. If I were to put a value to what was tossed, (and by being tossed I mean filling the committee charity bins) the value was over well lets say a small fortune. Much of what was tossed still had the tags on, I hope someone makes good use of the clothes.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Purging is silly because all you'll do is regret it!! I just throw out the stuff that doesn't fit and won't ever, or "what was I thinking when I bought that!!"

[SIZE=4]I guess I have been kind of lucky. Most of my purging was done in the days when I just bought makeup. But one time I felt that I needed to get rid of my things because we were moving and I did not have a good place to hide things. That probably resulted in disposal of about $1,000 worth of memories. So, overall in my life, I have probably not thrown out more than about $2,000 worth of things. A lot of my wife's things fit me (if I don't breathe very deeply) so I don't have to spend a lot on clothes.[/SIZE]

I would guess about $2000 to $3000 dollars worth. This over a span of 15 years. Its been awhile since my last one, so dont jinx me talking about it.

Not a great deal really because I have always been deep in the closet. Probably no more that say $400 over the years.

On a happy note....and I have to scream this out... thanks to recent developments with the wife.

[SIZE="4"]I never have to hide or purge anything again.....happy days [/SIZE]

Cheers

Tash

Aspiring Member
    toward $10,000. I mentioned in another post how i bought clothes that really didn't fit me and i would have been better off having clothes custom made.

I've weeded out some ill fitting or some other items that I didn't like anymore, but I have not ever purged anything. In the past, I had bought somethings without trying them on and when they didn't fit right didn't have the courage to take them back. That may have been a couple hundred bucks. I don't do that anymore as I LOVE trying things on!
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

I do not feel that purging is silly at all. It happens at a time when we feel that we can overcome this vice...this compulsion.

We find that it works for a while and then an inner force builds until we are compelled to re-buy all we have disposed of. After a few purges we learn to put the clothes in storage because we know the feeling will return.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Oh, I don't know how much money I lost... That doesn't seem important. Purging for me was a desperate attempt to try and control my transsexuality... I just couldn't admit I was so I'd get moody, bin everything, try and be a man, get moody and then eventually stop fighting myself once more... I find my purges quite heartbreaking looking back on them... I really didn't cope with things very well back then.
    Last edited by Lisa Golightly; 02-16-2009 at 02:45 AM.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Oh, I don't know how much money I lost... That doesn't seem important. Purging for me was a desperate attempt to try and control my transsexuality... I just couldn't admit I was so I'd get moody, bin everything, try and be a man, get moody and then eventually stop fighting myself once more... I find my purges quite heartbreaking looking back on them... I really didn't cope with things very well back then.
    I keep my femme clothes,pantyhose,heels,undies&lingerie under lock&key,in my house,
    especially when I get visitors,mainly my 2 sisters,whom have no idea their sibling spent
    years raiding mothers closet&thier closets,dressing in their good outfits
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

back in the days when I did purge, I would relate todays value of those items equivalent to Obama's rescue bill.

Silver Member
    In my 50+ years of cd'ing I have purged three times and remember them all very distinctly. My reasoning at the time was that if I did not have the clothing then the urge to do this "strange thing" would go away. This was during a period in my life when I was not willing to accept this part of me and wanted to rid myself of this "odd behavior". Of course I know better now and will never purge again. My last full purge was about 25 years ago and I know that I will never do this again. As for the dollar value of the things I threw away it must be in the thousands of dollars. The sad part is a lot of these things were what is now considered vintage and is now impossible to replace. At least I have learned from my mistakes.

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    I would say between $700 & $1000 for me, I havnt purged in about 8 years now and will never do it again. I have way too much invested now and it would be a lot cheaper for me to just lock it away and keep it for the rainy day we all KNOW will come.
    Erika Leigh

After reading these posts I'm truley amazed that some of these purges are running into the thousands of dollars range, that has to hurt afterwards when you realize you made a huge expensive mistake

As for me it wasn't very much, probably under $50.00. I know now if that desire ever arises, just box up everything and store it in a closet because the pink fog will eventually return. My past 6 month purchases are getting up over the $500. range so far and climbing fast.

Just another 'Gurl'
    I hate purging. I had not purged in more than 8 years and then when I got dumped I purged it all. I had pretty much all that I wanted and really love my clothes.

I would say I have purged at least 5,000 dollars since I was bout 14. I am now mid 30s. It really sucks and is quite depressing looking back on it. Just started buying again the other day and now have a bra and so it starts anew. Hopefully I will not feel the need to purge again.
    Just another man in a dress