Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving - The metrosexual excuse...

Shaving - The metrosexual excuse...

I guess that you all have noticed that most models and actors are "hairless". It's very hard to find an advertisement or commercial with a hairy chest.

It's the same in sports, many runners, cyclists, swimmers, even football players shave their body.

I tried. My wife didn't dislike the look, but did not understand why a guy would be concerned about his body hair... It didn't work for me.

I guess that it's also a matter of age. Many teens and men in his 20s are shaved (even legs). Maybe it's not that fashionable for a bit older guy...

Have you managed to use that as an excuse?

(Yes, I do need an excuse, I'm in the closet)

My wife and daughter both suggested that I shave my chest a while back because being so hairy wasn't the "in" thing right now. I didn't actually do it until recently. Since it was never discussed again since that time a while back I had to come up with something. Well it was actually easier than I thought. I wear dress shirts for work, and because of my hairy chest I had to wear a T-shirt under my shirt. I just brought it up one day that I'm going to shave my chest because of the way I look in a shirt. The only response I got was that I should wax instead of shave because it would look better.

Now the legs are something else that I have to work on. I think I'm just going to do it and explain later that I liked the way my chest felt so I wanted to see what my legs would feel like. Heck everyone's doing it now anyways right?

I started shaving my legs in 2006 - before I was out to my wife. There was a dirty little trick I used to pull this off without raising suspicion. It took a couple of months for everything to fall into place, but it worked beautifully.

Every night as we went to bed, I'd spend some time itching and scratching my legs while adding a comment or two how much my hair legs really itched and drove me crazy. Insert the occasional story about how I'm constantly irritated by this while driving, at work, etc. I made sure to never over do it - always itch for a while, usually make a comment, and sometimes add a story about the irritation. I also made sure I was caught itching my legs around the house from time to time.

In time, it was my wife who suggested that I try shaving them to see if they relieve the itching. Mind you, she absolutely loved my hairy legs (but also loves my smooth legs now). Mission accomplished. I was finally able to shave my legs and have a good excuse to do so.

This approach worked great for me, although patients and some degree of non-obvious acting is required for it to work. I did the same thing for my chest some time later.

By the time it got to my arms, I was already slowly coming out to my wife. Again, she suggested shaving them, but this time it was because I was embarrassed by my hairy arms (which was the truth). She was starting to get the picture about my feminine side, though not all at once.

My armpits were the last to get smoothed out. I was pretty much out by this time. Everything from the neck down gets shaved now (minus one area). I love being shaved, but I don't enjoy the time consuming shaving process.

I hope the leg-trick helps. I know you already shaved, but that angle may still work for you. You can always just say that they're a lot more comfortable that way. They do get itchy as the hairs grow back so NEVER mention that to your wife while you're still in the closet. Always hammer upon the more comfortable angle and keep quiet about the annoyance of shaving and the itchy part as they grow back.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I was thinking of using that as an excuse if I had to. Fortunatly I have never had to give an excuse for shaving my legs and arms. Now if I start thinning my eyebrows that might be harder to explain.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    I was thinking of using that as an excuse if I had to. Fortunatly I have never had to give an excuse for shaving my legs and arms. Now if I start thinning my eyebrows that might be harder to explain.
    Maybe you can start scratching your eyebrows... And explain that they only itch a bit, so you only will pluck the itchy part

I guess that it'd only work in legs/arms/chest

What I don't understand from women is that they have a double speech about man's hairy body.

They don't like fur, but they don't like shaved.

They like hair, but just a bit. What if you are Chewbacca, what are you supposed to do?

Maybe just trim a little... This might work for a masculine image, but for a girls it's not working

Hi jruiz, I'm a closet girl who needs a good reason to shave, too. I started by just shaving my pubic area. That made sex cleaner so it was easy to explain. My wife liked that.

Regarding shaving your chest, you'll notice that you look more fit when you're shaved (even if you haven't done any exercising). I started working out a little more and eating a little better. Shortly after, I shaved and just told her that it makes me feel more fit and keeps me motivated to get in shape. (Do the flex thing sometime in the mirror for her. She'll see it, too.) My wife agreed and actually likes it better now.

Finally, there was a big difference between my upper body and my legs. My calves were still pretty hairy. So I used my electric razor and trimmed way down.

In the end, she likes it all better because I look more fit. So I play up that card. I use an electric razor for everything. It works well, especially on my legs, for taking the hair down to an "acceptable" level without becoming totally smooth. That way I can walk a fine line between masculine and feminine. I do it every month or two. I can't stay smooth all of the time or I think she'd really wonder. But now that she is okay with it, I found I can occasionally take things down to pretty smooth without her even noticing anymore.

All in all, the incentive to stay smooth acts as a good motivator to keep going to the gym. This also makes me look better when I'm dressed. It's the best of all worlds with her approval.

I still haven't found a good way to shave my back, though. I'm not too hairy there so it's not so bad. I'm not sure what other girls do. I'm sure there are salons that help take care of this. Any tips?

Platinum Member
    it's hair .... your hair .... your choice to keep what you like and shave the rest ..... no one cares at all ..... shave it ... thin it .... just do it ....

Gold Member
    Metrosexual? Gyod I hate that word...
    It just sounds like some young corporate gay pretty boy in a BMW talking business on his cell phone hahahah
    Just say you don't like body hair.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel67 View Post
    Hi jruiz, I'm a closet girl who needs a good reason to shave, too. I started by just shaving my pubic area. That made sex cleaner so it was easy to explain. My wife liked that.

Regarding shaving your chest, you'll notice that you look more fit when you're shaved (even if you haven't done any exercising). I started working out a little more and eating a little better. Shortly after, I shaved and just told her that it makes me feel more fit and keeps me motivated to get in shape. (Do the flex thing sometime in the mirror for her. She'll see it, too.) My wife agreed and actually likes it better now.

Finally, there was a big difference between my upper body and my legs. My calves were still pretty hairy. So I used my electric razor and trimmed way down.

In the end, she likes it all better because I look more fit. So I play up that card. I use an electric razor for everything. It works well, especially on my legs, for taking the hair down to an "acceptable" level without becoming totally smooth. That way I can walk a fine line between masculine and feminine. I do it every month or two. I can't stay smooth all of the time or I think she'd really wonder. But now that she is okay with it, I found I can occasionally take things down to pretty smooth without her even noticing anymore.

All in all, the incentive to stay smooth acts as a good motivator to keep going to the gym. This also makes me look better when I'm dressed. It's the best of all worlds with her approval.

I still haven't found a good way to shave my back, though. I'm not too hairy there so it's not so bad. I'm not sure what other girls do. I'm sure there are salons that help take care of this. Any tips?
    Hi Rachel,

It looks pretty much like my story. The thing is that, although my wife likes the looks, she is a bit weirded out by the fact that I care about that. She says that body shaving is a girly thing to do.

Regarding back hair: I waxed it once, and it was great. It lasted for about a month, not itchy, and the regrowth is more gradual that with shaving.

In one occasion I shaved it all (except pubic area, bum and arms). It was a great experience. I'm just sorry that I didn't take the chance to get a transformation while it lasted.

Wendy's right... You don't need an excuse because no ones going to ask you why! No one cares.. I

sit there in the locker room, week in and week out, stripped down to my red low riser briefs next to the hairiest guy I've ever seen.. And I'm completely devoid of hair on my body and do you think anyone has ever said a thing?? They rather talk about the goal I scored or the pass I made or why the other team was a bunch of jerks!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Wendy's right... You don't need an excuse because no ones going to ask you why! No one cares.. I

sit there in the locker room, week in and week out, stripped down to my red low riser briefs next to the hairiest guy I've ever seen.. And I'm completely devoid of hair on my body and do you think anyone has ever said a thing?? They rather talk about the goal I scored or the pass I made or why the other team was a bunch of jerks!! Lol.
    I Karen,

I agree 100%. The only person I care what she thinks is my wife...

I am so glad I do not have to go through the excuse book for my chest/back, there is nothing there anyway

jelous yet?
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

Aspiring Member
    I have shaved my legs for the past 6 or 7 years, teach physical education and coach at the high school level. I wear shorts in the fall and spring and of course the entire summer. Don't tell me that high school students don't notice and have no hesitation about asking questions. I get maybe one or two every semester. My reply is that it looks cleaner, feels cooler and both my wife and I like the feel. In addition, to all the students I come into contact with, the teachers who see me in shorts and all the people who I come across when out in public, no one other than a student has ever asked me about my shaved legs. I never thought that I had to give a reason why I shave but rather why I keep them shaved. Since I am outside a great deal, they tan rather easily and I think that they look good, even at my age!

If you need a reason; when I got my ears pierced, I just told everybody that I lost a bet. Feel free to use if you really think it is necessary...LOL!

Aspiring Member

Shaving Excuse

I went in for minor surgery and the bod was clean shaven from head to groin.
    Told the wife I like it so much that I extended to the legs, where due to taping from playing football, there has been no hair from about 6" above the ankle all my life so people really have never commented

I like that itchy leg syndrome....good idea.

I'd also been trying to think of an excuse, although mine will be for getting waxed, but same thing I suppose. Luckily I don't have many people to explain it to, I'm single with no kids so it only really leaves my parents (Who know about me but we never talk about it) and work colleagues.

I've already decided to go hairless, but it will be a big difference because I'm unfortunately very hairy there is no way I could get away with removing my body hair and people from work not noticing. Luckily they already know that I'm very self conscious about it. I decided to start bringing up the possibility of waxing with them to see what reaction it would get, I said I was thinking of getting a back and shoulder wax. I was waiting for them to fall about laughing, instead two of the guys admitted to getting waxes themselves and as we talked about it the girls were basically asking me why stop there if my body hair bothers me, they said I should try a chest and full arm wax, or if I could put up with the pain then even a full body wax.

Seems like I was worrying too much about how to explain it really, lol, the funny thing was the next day when I got into work, some of the girls had brought in the flyers from the beauty salons they go to and left them on my desk

Hair to day gone to-morrow.

When I was a boy I used to watch my Father have a 'strip wash' at the sink (we did not have a bathroom in those far off days) and remember thinking 'When I get older I'll have mussels and hair on my chest' and what happened? Not a noticeable hair on my body! When I got together with my SO we talked about this, and I can't remember who's idea it was, but I shaved down there, she hated it, but likes me being smooth bodied. Just thought I'd put myin.
    Lesley Ann.

I took the plunge and epilated my lower arms, hands, fingers, feet, stomach, upper legs in groin area and chest (very little chest hair naturally). So far no comments from my wife...I'm not out, have no excuse planned except I just felt too hairy. And with glee, I'll ask 'so?! do you like it?'.

Actually, ages ago, I tried telling her my socks always pulled on the hairs on my feet (true)...she looked at me funny when I said I should shave them...I started epilating them anyhow and she never noticed.

Just call it manscaping and the world will understand. In an interview, Robin Williams was asked if he shaved his butt for a particular film shot and he replied "with what a weed eater".

The only one who will notice or care is my wife. When I go to far (and that definition always changes) I get the "I don't want my husband looking like a girl"

The rest of the world are talking on their cell phones and don't notice anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Stephens View Post
    Just call it manscaping and the world will understand. In an interview, Robin Williams was asked if he shaved his butt for a particular film shot and he replied "with what a weed eater".
    A quick Google on manscaping, and look what I got:

The world is indifferent to the amount of body hair you have. I am totally shaven, I go out in shorts and T-shirts in summer and don't get people pointing.
    The area you have to deal with is your wife. Coming out as a CDer solved it for me, but if you want to tread a different path there are lots of lines you can use. I would think that something near the truth might be best, for instance, "I just don't like being hairy".
    This happens to be true for me as well, even when I'm dressed as a man, but it also improves my femme look no end.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Gabrielle...your method was very smooth (no pun intended).

I kinda lucked out with my genes, the only parts I have hair on are my legs and armpits. I've shaved 'down there' for years.

I feel your pain jruiz. I wouldn't mind just getting rid of it all, but I could never deal with the comments I would get from my friends, and probably wife.

There is no excuse needed except that you don't like body hair! A lot of men shave their heads when they have a perfectly good full head of hair? Why do that do it? Because they don't like hair or prefer to be hairless. That is all there is to it. No need to make excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
    I guess that you all have noticed that most models and actors are "hairless". It's very hard to find an advertisement or commercial with a hairy chest.

It's the same in sports, many runners, cyclists, swimmers, even football players shave their body.

I tried. My wife didn't dislike the look, but did not understand why a guy would be concerned about his body hair... It didn't work for me.

I guess that it's also a matter of age. Many teens and men in his 20s are shaved (even legs). Maybe it's not that fashionable for a bit older guy...

Have you managed to use that as an excuse?

(Yes, I do need an excuse, I'm in the closet)
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Anytime I was asked about the lack of arm hair I just used my favorite old line of:
    "I tired of the Robin Williams look".

Good enough reason & it gives them a visual to boot.
    Face it, that guy has hand carpets, lol.

Also if you try to trim just the hair on your hands down it looks kinda stupid without long sleeves & just makes the hair on your arms look thicker.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD