Thread: I Told Somebody...

I Told Somebody...

Hi Girls. I'm really feeling aweshum as of late.

In the past, I've come here and read stories where one of us came out of the closet to somebody, usually a female friend, mother, sister, girlfriend or wife... or another guy for that matter, and the result was positive and they were accepting and encouraging. Many of us aren't so lucky and I didn't think I would ever be so lucky myself. I was always glad for the person who came out and had positive results and couldn't help but be a bit envious and wonder what it must be like.

It is hard sometimes to share the secret as we all know. It seems that sometimes your on the brink of telling, but some little thing makes you decide not to. It's not easy for many of us. It shouldn't be this way but it is.

My story is a little different though. I've still not told anybody in real-life.... not yet. However, I crossed paths with a wonderful, delightful and incredible woman in another part of the internet back in July and last month we started chatting in email and then in one of those chat programs. We soon became very close friends. I felt so good with her that I soon spilled the beans in a revealing email and told her about my cross dressing. She has been very supportive, understanding and encouraging. It's hard to describe, but it's like having a great weight lifted off me and I'm starting to not worry about being so secretive anymore. I used to be so frustrated about it all, like somebody locked in a cage. I just feel so great for having told somebody outside of the community here. Words can't describe.

I feel so lucky and very happy. I hope everybody who isn't so lucky yet, will get the same opportunity to come out and be accepted by somebody who cares. It really is a great feeling. So you know, if you're one of the ones who hasn't been able to come out to anybody, there is always hope. Keep your spirits up and even if the person you tell isn't too impressed at least you've been honest and had the courage to do so and that's certainly nothing to scoff at.

Thank you so much my dear friend, you know who you are.
    Weeeeeeee

Wonderful!!

Wow! What an uplifting story. You give yourself some credit, girl; it took a lot of courage on your part to step out of the closet. Good for you!!
    Vicky

It's amazing how good you feel seeing acceptance from another person! I'm very happy for you!

Very cool.

I remember the first person I told. It was my oldest friend, a GG I met when I was 12. She was completely fine with it, and wanted to go out with me. I took her to dinner and a girls bar.

A year or two later, I introduced her to a very brainy TG friend (she's a genius type), and it was love at first sight, and they've been married for 16 years! So you never know...

-- Diana

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    It is amazing the freedom and release you can experience when you tell someone. I told my wife before we got married. She has been so accepting of me, that I have become more accepting of myself.

I have told a few people of my crossdressing and yes it is like a heavy weight has been lifted each time. Someday I hope to drop all of it and live Keli's journey fully. Keli

Barbara
    I am happy for you. Having someone accept you as you are is a wonderfull feeling. Enjoy!
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

The first time is absolutely wonderful. If your lucky and have the same person as a friend and keep talking to them, you never know where it will lead. In my case, it was a trans family member and know I can ask all kinds of girl questions without feeling emberested. I'm getting all kinds of fashion advise so I won't look like a freat (fashion wise) the first time I go clubing.
    Hugs,
    Alice

Thanks girls! It really is so very wonderful.
    Weeeeeeee

You are one lucky girl

JoAnne Wheeler