Thread: I had to get out.

Aspiring Member

I had to get out.

My adult son is out of work and living with us. He is always here in the daytime and my wife is home after work in the evenings so I hardly ever get to be home alone anymore. Any way, I needed a haircut really bad. My thick hair just keeps getting bigger and bigger but I can't put it into a pony tail high or low. The girls at my salon have never seen me in drab. I just love my hairdresser, Amanda. She is very open minded and is a very talented stylist.
    So last week I made an appointment for Wednesday at 1:30. I made arrangements to go into work at 4. I was scheduled for an 11 to 7 that day. When my wife left for work my son was still sleeping. I was hoping that he would get up and go somewhere. Finally I couldn't wait any longer. I put on bra, panties, slip, hose, and a short sleeve pink top. Then I covered it in drab; jeans and a sweatshirt. I put everything else in my car. Then I left two hours early so my son wouldn't see me.
    As I drove south on the interstate I was thinking about where I could transform. Then I saw the sign for the rest stop. I was going to use the ladies restroom but the place was too crowded so I did my makeup in the car. Then I drove on to the town where the salon is. I put on my skirt, shoes, and pink winter coat in a secluded parking lot. Then I was still an hour early so I read magazines in the public library.
    Finally it was time so I drove to the salon. Amanda said hi as she was finishing up a girl's highlights. Then it was my turn. She shampooed my hair and then waxed my brows. Amanda told me that my brows should be longer at the sides. She drew them in with her brow pencil. Then it was up and into the next room to sit at her station. Amanda is very slow which I love. She ponders every snip and cut. It was 3pm by the time she was done styling my hair into a cute geometric wedge. She straightened the hair on top before putting it in place. It was beautiful! I gave her a seven dollar tip on a 23 dollar charge. Then I drove away.
    Now I had to somehow morph back to drab and get to work in an hour. It would take me 40 minutes to drive there. What to do? I saw the local hospital so I went in there with my purse and two bags of clothing. I found a ladies room that could lock so I went in and started stripping. Then I washed off my makeup and washed my hair in the sink.
    Finally I dressed, cleaned up the spilled water, put on my pink jacket and walked out. No one seemed to notice me. At 4pm I was at work as a guy with sort of a wet head. My boss didn't notice. At 7 I got off work and drove home. My wife said," I like your haircut. What else did you do today? Not much, I said." If only she knew. Leanne
    Last edited by Leanne2; 02-20-2009 at 04:13 PM.

The time, the planning, the effort that WE have to do and go through just to

be ourselves. It certainly does not seem to fair. Why, oh why does

society treat us so cruelly ? I just wish that every other person out there

in society had to endure for one week the way we have to live and the

abuse and intolerance that we have to live with through no fault on our on.

JoAnne Wheeler