Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You want me to take off what???

You want me to take off what???

Yesterday, I went to the doctors, for an EKG, just a routine test for an old person. The nurse, that I have known for a few years now, tells me to "remove my shirt, and if you are wearing them, your pantyhose"! Now I have never been there in femme, so I told her "I refuse to remove my pantyhose"!
    She had trouble getting the machine to work, and after running 4 EKG, she had to call in the doctor to see if he could figure out what was wrong, the first thing he says walking into the room,"maybe it's the pantyhose". Now I had to lay on that table, and try to keep a straight face while they finished there test, If only they knew! Or do they?
    Tina

What color pantyhose were you wearing ? Did they look good on you ?

That's all that counts.

JoAnne Wheeler

just a routine test for an old person
    Since you admit to being older....are you sure you just didn't forget you were wearing pantyhose?

I have the medical people I see regularly trained. I have a wound on my leg which I get debrided weekly. The techs all know I need a minute to take off my pants and pantyhose before they start.

-Paula-
    Last edited by pamela_a; 02-25-2009 at 01:13 PM.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

I'm not sure I got the full story... I assume you were in drab 100% and they were just making a joke... could be an inside joke, perhaps there is a new directive that instructs them to ask every patient the same questions and they don't expect it to be true, but ask anyways to see what reactions they get. Maybe it was the skip in your step or something...

Aspiring Member
    New one on me also.
    A couple of weeks ago I removed my nail polish on my toenails in the morning before going out and cleaning the yard up from an ice storm that we had.
    In the early afternoon I had to go to the ER for an x-ray on my ankle and I was glad that I had removed the nail polish.
    I thought I had broken it but it only turned out to be a bad sprained ankle.

Next time wear a pair so you can take them off.
    Angie

As you are of a certain age they may have been referring to your support hose.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Aspiring Member
    silly, you really DO need to take off your pantyhose for electrical tests to run properly!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    As you are of a certain age they may have been referring to your support hose.
    what a smart ass

I guess I'm confused. Were you or were you not wearing hose? You never said, but you implied that you were when you said you refused to remove them.

Now, if you were wearing them, why would you refuse? The doctors are there for your benefit. If you don't do what they suggest, you might as well not go.
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

Quote Originally Posted by Shannen View Post
    silly, you really DO need to take off your pantyhose for electrical tests to run properly!

Wait...is that true? You need to remove pantyhose for EKG? Any other items of clothing cause a problem with any other equipment?

You never heard of static?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Now thats funny!

No, no, no! There where no pantyhose, as I said, I always do drab for the doctors! Just seems to be an in house joke. And yes If you where wearing them they would have to come off, they have to put electrical leads on both of your calves.
    And I might be getting old, but if I do wear hose they are going to be sheer, thank you very much!
    Tina

all kidding aside

Stockings or pantyhose would be a problem for a full EKG as there are ground contacts placed on the legs just above the ankles and pantyhose would prevent the electrical connection.

Obviously bra straps (or marks/ tan lines) would also be noticed during an EKG or stethoscope exam.

It would be fun to go en femme that way though and give them a little bit of a chuckle.

You know they talk about us.

Silver Member
    I had an EKG two weeks ago and was never asked if I was wearing pantyhose. All of the electrical connections were on my chest and none were on my legs. This was the second time I had an EKG and the previous one was done the same way.

pantyhose and doctor

A few years ago, I was to see a doctor. Because it is not a physical, so I went wearing pantyhose thinking it would not be necessary to do something. Well, during the test the doctor needed to check the nerve response of my knee (you know, kind of tapping the place below the knee cap). So he had me roll up my pant legs. When I was rolling up (and I believe he thought it was long socks), he finally asked "How far up does it go?" And I said "All the way". He ended up tapping through the pantyhose, and we never said another word about it. I guess doctors have seen it all.

My Doctor is also a friend. I have an on going medical problem which means I have regular chest examinations, during the past eighteen months or so, I have developed breasts (36B) recently my Doctor was sounding my chest, but instead of placing the stethoscope squarely on my chest, he placed it on the side, he then felt both breasts, looking directly at me said "I think you may have a hormone imbalance" I then had a blood test which indeed showed such an imbalance, and tomorrow I am having a scan. I am waiting for him to ask the whys, where's and how questions. As someone has already said Doctor's have seen everything, my only concern is that our relationship is a friendly one, which for some reason makes feel embarrassed.
    Lesley Ann.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Only time I had electrodes on my legs for and EKG Iwas being taken out in an ambulance .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Yeah, hapopens all the time!

Another old timer here. I forget I'm wearing those nude, sheer to the waist pantyhose all the time! I always think I remember shaving that morning!

Could happen to ANYONE, really!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.

clothing comments

Quote Originally Posted by Christinedreamer View Post
    Stockings or pantyhose would be a problem for a full EKG as there are ground contacts placed on the legs just above the ankles and pantyhose would prevent the electrical connection.

Obviously bra straps (or marks/ tan lines) would also be noticed during an EKG or stethoscope exam.

It would be fun to go en femme that way though and give them a little bit of a chuckle.

You know they talk about us.
    Yeah, I'm sure they do. I had a heart attack last summer while on a bike ride - a serious ride, I guess, in spandex and wool. As the doctors stripped off my riding shorts (to insert a catheter in my femoral artery and implant a stent), one made a comment about my "Lance Armstrong shorts."

The more surprising comment was from a nurse, as I was being released four days later. She made some comment about "no matter what gender people think they are, they have heart problems related to their 'real' gender." I'm not sure where this came from; I shave my legs, but many cyclists and/or swimmers do that, and I'm both. Anyway, it was an amusing puzzle.

Lee

Aspiring Member
    This is what I call 'spirits'. You meet in life the exact reproduction of your own thoughts. You attract certain energies based on who you are and what vibes you are putting out.
    People will say things to your face that speaks to you even though they think they are just joking.
    I've seen this happen too many times to count.

Ekg

CDSusan,

There are different types of EKGs taken depending on what they are looking for. The in-depth variety uses ten electrodes - 8 on the chest area and 2 on the legs.

My brother-in-law just had one 2 days ago at Kaiser in preparation for major surgery.

In addition to the effects of static electricity of the calibration of the machine - the compression of the pantyhose on the legs will ater systolic and diastolic blood pressure measurements.

This is why sedentary and other patients on blood thinners may be prescribed leg stockings in addition to medications to inhibit clot formation.

Rest assured there are solid scientific clinical reasons for the request they made - your best health.
    Last edited by kellyanne; 02-26-2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
    In addition to the effects of static electricity of the calibration of the machine - the compression of the pantyhose on the legs will ater systolic and diastolic blood pressure measurements.

This is why sedentary and other patients on blood thinners may be prescribed leg stockings in addition to medications to inhibit clot formation.

Rest assured there are solid scientific clinical reasons for the request they made - your best health.
    I agree with Kelly Anne, but lest we forget, there where no pantyhose, it was just meant as a funny comment!
    Tina