Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Older CD's please apply!

Older CD's please apply!

I have been dressing on and off since my Mother asked me to streach some dancing shoes for her when I was 7 years old. I am now just over 60. I try and get out dressed a few times a year and if I go away on business take a kit with me and stay an extra day to enjoy a few hours out as the real Jane.

Curiously, as I get older, I feel I pass much better as I dont have to make the effort to look glamourous but can pass well a a smart Granny - a role, incidently, which I love and feel amazingly relaxed in. Did I say role? WRONG! When out I am completly relaxed and wonderfully "Me". I love passing.

Are ther any other "Granny's" out there who love being out as themselves and what tips can you give me.

Just for the record I seem to pass very well - a big old girl with a smily face and conservative make up. I will confess it's easier in cooler weather when I can wear a coat but try to keep it undone and not use it as camoflage.

I would love to hear from some of you.

My fondest love to all you wonderful ladies,

[SIZE="4"]Janexx[/SIZE]
    Last edited by janexx; 02-26-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Older gal

HI there. I agree that it easier for us older gals to pass. Although my wife prefers I don't go public so I don't. However; I'm dressed at home since I am the retired homemaker.
    Margot

Jane - I have you beat - I'm 64 and proud of it - as I get older, it does seem easier to just blend in with the 60+ year old GGs

JoAnne Wheeler

Well I'm getting there... 57 next month... . But if anyone calls me a granny.. Please shoot me.. Better yet shoot them.. Lol.

And no friggin way as long as I keep playing ice hockey.. Buyin hair color.. Wigs and makeup I'm I going quietly!! Hahaha
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well I'm getting there... 57 next month... . But if anyone calls me a granny.. Please shoot me.. Better yet shoot them.. Lol.

And no friggin way as long as I keep playing ice hockey.. Buyin hair color.. Wigs and makeup I'm I going quietly!! Hahaha
    there is no way your are 57 karren! you are aging gracefully to say the least.
    when in doubt, dress

Quote Originally Posted by kym View Post
    there is no way your are 57 karren! you are aging gracefully to say the least.
    Aint makeup wonderfull?? Lol. Thanks.. Your too sweet!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot View Post
    HI there. I agree that it easier for us older gals to pass. Although my wife prefers I don't go public so I don't. However; I'm dressed at home since I am the retired homemaker.
    Margot

As we age the physical distinctions between the sexes begin to blur. Men develop more feminine physical traits, some of us even growing boobs without resorting to chemical or artificial enhancement. This occurs because our testosterone levels drop off, leaving the level of estrogen we all have prortionately higher. GGs don't seem to masculinize but we feminize. Someone said that it's often hard to tell the difference between an elderly man and an elderly woman. I have observed this phenomenon myself.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

yes it gets easier

Yes it does get easier, as we age we gain more expierence and at 63 I find the position of nice older lady, very pleasant. Some one said of passing in general dress age appropriate and it is true and you don't have to be frumpy with it. I love it.
    Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

Aspiring Member
    Since reaching middle (old) age I can pass much easier than say 30 years ago. My hair is brown with some gray so it looks like highlights. My man boobs are bigger now thanks to three months of HRT so I don't bother with forms. Padded bras fit me just fine. I love being able to pass in public when I want to. Now if I was just as pretty as Karren I'd be all set. She likes some hockey team; the Blackhawks I think. Leanne

"GG's don't seem to masculinize"? Apparently, you've never seen women with mustaches! I had a second cousin (MUCH older) that grew a thicker mustache than I ever could.

Renee

I'll be sixty come October. And I'm a grandparent. I don't think I look sixty, maybe a nice 49. That's what I like about my femself I look alot younger and I feel alot younger.

Huggs, Renee

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReneeCD View Post
    "GG's don't seem to masculinize"? Apparently, you've never seen women with mustaches! I had a second cousin (MUCH older) that grew a thicker mustache than I ever could.

Renee

I have, and much younger than 50's/60's, so not related to ageing. I prolly should have said "many GGs".
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Karren, I agree, no way do you look 57. BTW, love the Pink Ball Cap in this Avatar.

I have a pink John Deere ball cap that I wear once in a while, as well as my Pink Breast Cancer ball cap.

I will be the big 60 this coming April.

I remember a play we went to some years back, where one of the characters commented to her sister on the travails of aging. She said, "After a certain age we all look like female impersonators."

She worried about looking like a man, we rejoice that we look more like women. I guess it's a matter of you point of view.

I know that I look better as a girl now than I did when I was young.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

Jane, I agree with you 100%. I am 60 also and love getting out as my femme self. I feel so much myself. I have accepted that my wife will never understand Terri, but as long as I can go out shopping and get my hair done every so often I will be happy. I always have a great time as Terri. I love being able to walk in the mall and try things on in the shops. I dress conservative and love being a Granny. Well I am one in my male mode too and love that too!

Yours
    Terri

I agree with Renee. I think I look about 10 years younger as a woman! Maybe it's just because I look happier...
    (The make-up doesn't hurt either.)
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Where are the "old" people? You ladies are youngsters in your 60'! I am 76, but since I no longer have my wife to do my makeup and wig I never try to pass. Before she passed away 4 years ago we frequently went out as two girls! Although we were both well into our 60's then, people usually thought we were in our late 40's or early 50's. Just good genes, I guess.

BTW, last week I had dinner at a local restaurant. I was talking to the waitress about the meatloaf I had, and how it compared with the kind my wife used to make. I told the waitress my children would not eat any other meatloaf, and she asked me how old my kids were. When I told her 51 and 48 she said, "No way! You are not old enough!" She thought I was was in my mid 50's!! Sure made my day. Oh yes, I was dressed completely enfemme, as I usually am when I go out to eat. But, as I said, no makeup and no wig. Just a guy in a skirt and tight top
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I was 70 on Monday - at least Mel was Melanie is 39. I do find as I get older that passing is much less hassle.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Another over 60, granny!?

Well, not a granny yet. My daughter's still at home, in high school.

And as a CD, I've only been dressing for about 11 years. Not all that excited about looking like a gran, when I've NEVER BEEN A TEEN yet!

However, I AM starting to show my age. As u can see in my avatar!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

55 and counting...

But for me I keep my plastic surgeon close at hand. I CAN'T FEEL MY FACE! AM I SMILING?

I'm going to do the Benjamin Button thing! Eventually I'll be a teenager in no time!

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Just turned 59 myself and after a long day at work, I feel like 79. But getting dressed for a support group meeting or just going out , I feel like 39, OK maybe 49 but I do feel younger. Its amazing what some make up and a nice dress will do not just in how you look but ego too!

Jen

[SIZE=4]Yup, this over 60 Granny is still trying to figure out where the years went....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Pictures in green were taken on my 60th B day[/SIZE]

289 nadia 1-8-09 55 (2).jpg

20 Sydney 9-11-08 53 (2).jpg

20 sydney 9-11-08 8 (3).jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Getting Older

I have to look at the bright side. As of last weekend I can now go to Denny's and eat off the Senior Citizen menu! Life is grand, think of all the money I am going to save.

I still refuse to dress my age. I have too many missed years to catch up on. I am gunna wear short skirts until my legs shrivel and fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by renee k View Post
    I'll be sixty come October. And I'm a grandparent. I don't think I look sixty, maybe a nice 49. That's what I like about my femself I look alot younger and I feel alot younger.

Huggs, Renee
    I'm right behind you (November) and I also think I look like a nice 49, not sure that I do, but I think so....

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    I'm right behind you (November) and I also think I look like a nice 49, not sure that I do, but I think so....
    I think you look like a beautiful 45!!

I firmly believe that you are as old as you think you are! If you think you are old, you will be! when my kids gave me a large party for my 70th (May 2007), I told everyone there that the invitations were printed wrong. They should have said 35th birthday!! Of course no one believed that, but also no one thought I was really 75! They all thought I was younger! None of them had ever seen the glamorous Stephanie!! Created by my darling late wife!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!