Thread: Doctor visit

Doctor visit

This morning I had an appointment with the dermatologist to have a mole removed from my lower lip. This was a first time visit and I wasn't sure if they would remove the mole or just look at it. I was in drab but underdressed as usual. I filled out the forms and answered the nurses questions, spent 3 mins. in the examining room when the dr. came in.

He looked over the questions asked me a couple and looked at the mole. "Now take off your jacket and shirt, I want to check your back and chest." I can only say pure terror set in. Why did he have to look at my back and chest to remove a mole from my lip? I did as I was told and stood in front of the dr. and nurse with my pretty black bra for all to see. The dr. unhooked my bra and checked my back then walked around front and checked my chest as I held up my bra. Both the dr. and the nurse got a very good look at the 'twins' but neither said a word. The nurse walked behind me and hooked my bra as I adjusted the front end, never saying anything. The dr. told me I could put my shirt on and lay on the table, he then removed the mole.

I'm sure they must have seen this before but I bet not very often in conserative Lancaster Co., PA.

That was the first time I have been exposed, my heart is still going 100mph, and I had a terrible time driving home.

Renyta

Renyta, look on the bright side....at least you were wearing a pretty bra .

IMO this is just one more example of doctors and medical staff don't care what you wear. Having to see multiple doctors regularly I've lost count of how many doctors, nurses, medical technicians have seen enough of me to either see or know I'm wearing a bra and panty under my ladies jeans/pants and ladies tops.

I've said repeatedly, they are medical professionals. They are there to scrutinize your medical conditions not your wardrobe. Undoubtedly there may be some talk in the office but in all of my experiences I've never had anyone make any comments about what I was wearing (although I have gotten a few smiles from the nurses).

Wear what you want when you go to the doctor. I'm very confident you won't be the first CD/TG person they have seen and you probably won't be their last.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Renyta, they've seen it all before dear. They weren't phased because there's no reason for them to be phased. You're a patient. That's all.

There's also nothing they could do with the information that they could harm you with. Relax.

This is almost exactly what happened to me, not once, but twice. It rattled me the first time but the second time I didn't think much of it. Not a big deal anymore.
    Kisses, Linda

Aspiring Member

Check

Dermatologists routinely check upper body for suspicious moles whenever a patient comes in. It's normal, good medical practice. In general, don't underdress when you go to anydoctor for any reason unless you are comfortable with "exposure".

Always expect the unexpected

JoAnne Wheeler

I never gave a thought to them checking my body for other moles, I guess that is what happens when you get old, the thought prosess slows down.

When I got out to the car I found myself smiling and I really had to laugh, after the fact it was funny. I would have liked to see the nurses face when she saw that it was all me filling the bra.

I hope they have a lot to talk about this afternoon, I hope I had a little part in making their day interesting. I'm sure their Amish patients don't give them that kind of sight.

I don't know if I have the nerve to go to the family dr. underdressed, he would probably want to have a long talk with me.

I might visit the heart dr. wearing a bra, afterall it was all that heart medicine that helped give me a well formed bust. He should get to see the end result
    and I could thank him at the same time.

Renyta

I agree that they've probably seen it all before. but not on me. I keep one pair of male underware just for the doc.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Well now, if you've got it.....
    ~Samm

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    During my last dermatologist visit I also recieved a full body check as well. Even though my visit was only for facial acne. The only embarrasment I felt was being naked from head to toe.

Your in Lancaster County. Gee, I hope your not Amish? That WOULD have shaken things up! I'm picturing a black bra under a blue shirt and black suspenders, with a beard hanging down into The Cleavage.

Docs and Nurses are pretty shockproof. Yeah, it probably got mentioned after you left, but it won't go any further! There is such a thing as protecting The Patient's Privacy, and a medical person can get sued for it, if that professional is not very careful.

Peace and Love, Joanie

PS. Next time just say: "I'm going to go undress in The Restroom, be back in a minute." They won't know why, but that's not any of their business!
    Last edited by sterling12; 02-26-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by susan1974 View Post
    In general, don't underdress when you go to anydoctor for any reason unless you are comfortable with "exposure".
    Now that sums up my feelings exactly, I prefer to stay in my closet, and that goes for doctors or anyone else for that matter. Just to day I read a news story about a nurse taking a picture of a patient's embarrassing situation and putting it up on her facebook page. I don't want to wind up on something like that myself. (oh and they said she was fired for doing it, but that does not ease the embarrassment.
    Tina

Renyta -- I went to school in Lank caster County and I can tell you the whole county is not conservative. I knew some wild and crazy guys and girls who lived there. And some of them were Menonites! (Not the black bumper ones, though).
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

That can create an awkward moment. That's why I would just cut right to the chase and go for broke and just wear the whole shebang! I'm seriously contemplating going to the dentist dressed when i go next. I go shopping, get food, go to museums, why not a doctors visit?
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

it happened when i went to the doc they told me to take of my shirt when the wife was sitting in there to she seen my chest and it was shaved it was a good thing i didnt have a bra on to but she didnt like my chest shaved but when we got back in the car i told her i shaved it for a reason and after that i still have it shaved and no commit from her

I bought some men's briefs a while back to wear to medical appointments. I had an appointment with my physican a few weeks ago, I forgot about the briefs and wore panties. It was a quick checkup and I didn't have to disrobe-darn.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Aspiring Member
    I would still be too petrified to show what I am wearing underneath. They may have seen it all, but they haven't seen me wearing it all. And I am not sure I am ready for my Dr to see that side of me..

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylen View Post
    I would still be too petrified to show what I am wearing underneath. They may have seen it all, but they haven't seen me wearing it all. And I am not sure I am ready for my Dr to see that side of me..
    And that is okay. I keep a few pairs of male underwear around for the doctor. The way I look at it is that I want to go in and have no distractions. I am there for a reason. And for some, their may be a exhibitionist element to it. More power to them, but I want to stay focused on the task at hand.