Thread: Am I, Who I think I am???

Am I, Who I think I am???

Hi Everyone,

I went to the Psychiatrist the other day and found out after all these years of not knowing that I am in fact NOT Crazy. I am HUMAN, How bout that. There is hope for us after all. I had always thought, ever since I was a kid, that it was sick for Boys to dress like Girls or Males to dress like Females. In fact it is NOT Crazy to be who you really are.

It's more of a fact that those who do not accept us need the real Help.

Here is another thing to think about: Would GOD or JESUS Discriminate???

Don't feel ashamed of who you are inside, be PROUD

Live your life that is comfortable to you.

Stop lying to yourself and others.

It is hurting you more to hide yourself that to be yourself.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Banned Read only
    Amen, sister!

Keep preachin' that message!

Amy, that is the point and although we go to see professionals to get this help we already know this in our hearts but need the validation. Hold your head up high and never look back. Huggs Keli

It's kind of interesting

I never thought about it that way, but I agree with you.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Hepker View Post

Here is another thing to think about: Would GOD or JESUS Discriminate???
    The esoteric meaning of the teachings of JC is clearly concerned with all forms of discrimination - judge not lest ye be judged; being a hypocrite for saying something about someone that has a speck of sawdust in their eye while you have a board in yours; casting the first stone etc. etc. etc. Over and over and over the message is focus on your own faults rather than the faults of others - this is how the world is changed, one person at a time. Religions are too concerned with their own doctrine which tends to be a warped interpretation of what is written to be able to figure it out. It's no wonder so many reject it all.

Amy,
    If you are sick, then we are all sick. I think not. The world is full of people who don't want to accept someone else. They fear what they don't understand. Even if most of them are strange in their own way. They live in tiny spaces and never see the whole world at all. Ignore them. Their loss. I am so glad to have "met" my friends and the poeple here. My world is wider and richer tenfold.

Good advice my friend. Introspection is a good tool but most folks are afraid to utilize it. A Shrink can be useful in assisting with this by acting as a sounding board. Only we ourselves can determine who and what we are however. Once we determine that any self improvement is up to us.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Good post Amy, you are quite right, crossdressing doesn't mean you are crazy. In fact, I reckon you might be a tad crazy if you don't indulge in the attire and trimmings generally associated with the fairer gender

Don't feel ashamed of who you are inside, be PROUD

Ahh yes, but I'm still too chicken to venture out past the front door

Tash

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Was it JC who said;

" We have met the enemy, and he is us"!?

Well, I'm SURE it was some important leader who did!

Point being, if each of us can live our OWN lives in a happy, healthy, loving manner, the world and cosmos will be just FINE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

.......It's more of a fact that those who do not accept us need the real Help.
    I'd say moreso they really just need to educate themselves more about us.

.......Here is another thing to think about: Would GOD or JESUS Discriminate???
    Apparently you never read Dueteronomy, don't, you won't like what you read

.......Don't feel ashamed of who you are inside, be PROUD

...Live your life that is comfortable to you.
    Stop lying to yourself and others.
    I agree and am doing the best I can for now, I accept who I am and embrace my fem cd side, I wouldn't trade it for anything
    Last edited by Jess_cd32; 02-28-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Well put Amy! For many of us the ability to realize who we really are takes a long time. Once we fully understand who we are, our lives are greatly enriched!

Eileen

I believe that you have finnally accepted who and what you are - and that is

good - once you can do that - life as a crossdresser becomes a lot easier

JoAnne Wheeler

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    Wonderful. Self-Acceptance is the main key. Learning how messed up you can get when you focus on seeking the acceptance of others is another key.

Thank You all for your wonderful comments. I will say this, if I am crazy for dressing the way I do, than I am in really GREAT company with yall.
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

And you have to know that inside you've always known this, didnt' you? And once you stopped being a crossdressing male and realized you were a woman it stopped being scary didn't it? Carol

Good psychiatrist! A keeper....

What vs. Who

What we are is Human, 2 eyes, 10 fingers, 11 toes, Our DNA defines WHAT we are, not who we are.

Who we are is defined by our Humanity (interesting twist hu?), Our minds, thoughts, opinions and actions make up WHO we are.

Following this line of thinking, no one is hopeless.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    " We have met the enemy, and he is us"!?
    That quote was first spoken by Pogo Possum of the Pogo comic strip by Walt Kelly:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Po...971_poster.jpg

As for the original posting, the principal difference between us and others is that we wear our inner selves on the outside - so to speak.

Good for you Amy! And good for your psychiatrist! I've always thought crossdressing wasn't "crazy" . Someone wrote a paperback book in 1979 full of all sorts of research that's been done going back many years. It ain't "mental illness". It is probably neurological or hormonal in nature and runs in families!

Samantha

Yes Carol, you are so right.

Since I have been dressing as who I really am 24/7, and that has been since October, The whole world has changed and it is for the better for me. I can be myself, I am more relaxed, more confident, more assured, more at peace withoin myself. I am able to express myself as never before.

Different world? Oh YES!!! I have people treat me like I have never been treated before, people are more friendly, open, and caring. I have been able to communicate with GGs like never before. I have been able to communicate with everyone like never before.

I have had a few people and I mean a very few people make comments or say things behind my back, but no one has said them to my face. Even if they did, I would just tell them this is who I am and who I have always been, and who I will always be from now on.

I will never go back to being Male, that is not me, why should I lie to people, this is me, I am AMY!!! And I am proud of who I am.

I went to Tropical Exscape last night in Clearwater, it was put on by a few Transgender and Crossdressers, who wanted to give the Transgender, Crossdressing group as a whole another place to go and another place to show that, we are united and we will support our Right to be Ourselves, to enjoy Ourselves. To Show what the T is in LGBT.

There were aproximately 200 Girls there from all over Florida. I did get to meet somemore of our Ladies from Crossdressers.com also. Randi is one person I met, last night for the first time, She has posted to my threads on here before as I have on hers. We got along Great and had a wonderful time. Oh course one of my best friends Joann was there. I have never seen anyone dance as much as Joann does, not even GGs. And of couse she looked GREAT out on the dance floor too.
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

The softer side of me! Dannie Lefae's Avatar
    I had always thought, ever since I was a kid, that it was sick for Boys to dress like Girls or Males to dress like Females.
    I have also struggled with this, and still do to some extent. From birth we are conditioned to believe what is right and what is wrong, boys wear blue and girls wear pink, girls wear make-up and boys don't, the list can go on and on and on. What I struggle with isn't the fact that I so very much enjoy being Emilie, my struggle is the fact that I have been taught, told and conditioned to beleive that by enjoying who I am as a women is wrong, sick and twisted and that I am less of a man because I like to wear make-up, skirts and heels. I hope someday we can be judged on what we do for others and how we live our lives, not by what we wear.

Em

Emilie, you called it conditioning, I call it programming. We are programmed to be the Male or Female by what is between our legs and not what is in our mind. It is known fact that in the early days of the even as late as the late 19th Century, girls and boys wore dresses up until the age of about 5 when you were dressed acording to your true Gender. It is unclear as to why this was done, but that is the way it was done. There are many early pictures of boys in dresses. I would say it was probably easier to make a dress for a very young child that to make pants for them.

Just think how much better life would be if we could have been dressed as who we thought we were at that age. The real funny thing is how it is accepted for Girls to be TomBoys, but not for a Boy to be a JaneGirl.
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU