Thread: Fun experience at the market today

Fun experience at the market today

As i was doing my shopping this morning I noticed this little old man staring at me. I ignored him at first,but after awhile his staring was starting to annoy me. I figured he probably read me. When we passed eachother in the next isle I turned around and caught him looking at me so I stopped, looked at him, spread my arms and did a little spin so that he could take a good look. he turned and quickly walked away. A bit later in the produce section he came up to me and apologized for being rude. Then he surprised me by saying that He thought that I was a very pretty girl and that I had the most beautiful green eyes he'd ever seen. I thanked him and went on with my shopping. On my way out he was in the checkout line, I winked at him as I passed which brought a big smile to his face.
    It's little things like that that make me happy I am who I am. I love the sensation of washing my hair and having it cascade over my shoulders. I love watching my face transform as I apply my make-up, and I like the way my body looks in my full lenngth mirror as I dress each morning. Those are some of the things that make it all worthwhile for me... How about you?
    Last edited by kellycan27; 02-28-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Oh...that kind of situation would kill me. I guess we can be our own worst critics sometimes and if you assume the worst without testing it you may have never found out what that man was actually thinking. Thanks for the nice story.

Awesome. I've had good luck in the grocery store. Everyone seems very focused on their shopping and no one has ever even said hi to me or made eye contact.
    Mary

Great story - our Fears can be our worst enemy. Love your courage.

JoAnne Wheeler

"I'm an All American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    It's little things like that that make me happy I am who I am. I love the sensation of washing my hair and having it cascade over my shoulders. I love watching my face transform as I apply my make-up, and I like the way my body looks in my full lenngth mirror as I dress each morning. Those are some of the things that make it all worthwhile for me... How about you?
    Awesome story! You handled the situation perfectly! (And I'm jealous!)
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Doesn't get out much. sandcastle's Avatar
    I agree with you 100% about the pleasure of hair washing. Styling too.

Kelly what a great experience and the way you handled it was terrific. You were able to find out what he was really thinking and bring some joy to you both!

Eileen