Thread: Get started on your own?

Aspiring Member

Get started on your own?

I got started on my own as far as I can remember. I wanted to see what my sister's petticoat felt like. But lots of people here were dressed by others for the first time: neighbor girl or sister playing dress-up, a school play, Halloween, and it could have been voluntary or involuntary. What about your first time? And I'm interested if those who were dressed by others think they would dress today if not for that incident. In other words, did it make you a dresser, or would you have become one anyway?

Aspiring Member
    Hi Susan,
    I believe that I was born this way. No one dressed me up but when I was four years old I found a dress in a sack of hand me downs for my sister. I must have thought that it was wrong because I crawled under the front porch before putting it on. It felt wonderful! I stayed under the porch until I was called in for supper. I kept that dress for years until I was too big for it. Leanne

I was five-ish when i first started dressing, and i did it myself while playing around in my mum's closet, no one i can think of has ever dressed me, it's always been my idea and my idea alone. I still to this day have no clue why i did it that first time.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Exclamation

[SIZE=4]My first time I can remember was when I was in 2nd grade, so must have been 7. I wanted to wear my sisters skirt so I played Greek soldier so I could. My parents didn't see me as I recall. We were home alone, but they were at work in the same building. My sis was 5.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I was a self-starter at about 4 when I got caught trying on my cousin's slips. Later when my older sisters dressed me up, I feined indifference but I was thrilled.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]No one forced me to do anything...[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

NOPE - I am truly convinced beyond a shadow od a doubt that I (we) was

BORN this way.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    No one forced me. I discovered it completely on my own. What i wonder abut it how did the idea of putting on lingerie ever get into my head. Was I prewired or somehow destined to discover CD-ing or did it just happen? I don't have an answer.

Aspiring Member
    Defiantly born with it. When I was five I met a little girl at pre-school and we hit it off. I asked her if she wanted to trade clothes and she did. We did that several times then she disappeared. The rest is history.

I was a self starter who pretty much wanted it all: beauty, brains and fists.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think I've always had the urge to wear girls clothing. There was always something that attracted me to it.

I don't recall it being prompted by anyone else dressing me up. And whenever that situation has presented itself, I've gladly grabbed it!

Debbie

I was a do it your selfer. From early on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

A do it yourselfer here as well, like they say, if you want it done right do it yourself

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I started on my ownat age three. I walked into my sisters bedroom saw a skirt siut on a hangewr and just put it on. Since then =I uave dressed whenever I had the opportunity, until I could afford my own clothes.
    living the dream

Southern Gurl
    That is a very good question. When I was young my mother was a seamstress who made dresses for all the families in the area. When I was about eight, being tall and slim, she would have me try on thr dresses for her to mark and fit. It didn't take long for me to realize that I enjoyed this a lot. I would always hag around when the ladies would show up to try on their dresses. Often I would be dresses in a new gown when they arrived and would get excited when they saw me. It wasn't very long before I was too big and my mother stopped using me as the model. When my family would go out I would try on a new gown, it was such a rush. Later when they would leave I would dress up in a new dress, wear my mothers wig and shoes and walk around the neighborhood. I know this had something to do with my desire to dress, and I am only thankful I had this great opportunity.