Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you see yourself?

Minus the triple six.. :)

How do you see yourself?

How do you see yourself when fully dressed? When fully dressed, I have always felt that I looked real convincing. As I got older, I started to wonder if I was seeing only what I want to see, and was not nearly convincing as I once thought. I started going out dressed secretly at like 14, and when I got a car, did many more trips. I admit that most trips were either late at night, or early in the morning, yet I never got a negative comment or reaction from any strangers.
    Once digital cameras became affordable, I saw an opportunity to see myself in some way other than a mirror. The pic's seem to be much more brutal than a mirror, perhaps because the image is unchanging, and when you can analyze a completely still image, it becomes easier to scrutinize.
    In '03 I dressed fully at Halloween for the first time, and was overwhelmed with positive comments, and several people said things like "You could make a lot of money in Vegas",whatever that means, or "You look better than your wife!" , which did not please her.
    So is it even possible to see what we want to see? Or is thinking that way a means to talk our selves out of doing something? Does this make any sense?

well me when i was younger as well i thought i look like a real woman, now as you some times depending on the day i don't see my self as passable as i would like,

but i still get all kinds of comments in the street like ppl adressing me as a girn instead of a man, even when i speak my voice is lot high pitch for a guy so you have to listen very carefully to know i'm a man,

and ofcourse my wife do not like the fact that i'm always address a a girl for example when we go to restaurants every time they arrive asking and what do you ladies want. but i really ejoy it, and i'm not even dressed up

but in general i do have my good days that i look passable.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda666 View Post
    The pic's seem to be much more brutal than a mirror,
    I agree! I seem so much cuter in a mirror than in pictures.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    Well, you can move around when looking in the mirror. But not in a photo. Takes much longer to get the view you are happy with in a photo.

Or...

You can just forget pictures and get on with living

Sarah...

To some extent, we crossdressers are all living in a dream world - we see

this lovely lady that we have created and we think that she is beautiful

because we made her - we look in the mirror and we are so pleased with our

artistic ability - sometimes our dream shatters when we face reality and then

realize that it is only a dream - but dreams aren't all bad - we each want to

"build" / "create" / "assemble" / "sculpture" / "clothe" / and "paint" that lovely

female creature that we long to be at times - BECAUSE - that female creature

has lived in us from birth and we long to let her out into the world - BECAUSE

- that lovely female creature is us (at least part of us)

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    I used to look great with my old 1 megapixel camera. Not as good with my 5 megapixel one.. Sigh..... So I feel that I fully pass if you use one of those cameras on a U2......... . From 60,000 feet!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Klinger from M.A.S.H

Since I've been here, I've seen alot of beautiful girls. Most of you I couldn't pickout even if you were the only genetic male in the crowd. I look at the pics and say WOW! For me all I can see in the mirror is a guy in a dress. I'm not downing myself. It's just I got some work to do and you girls are great teachers.
    Cary

I see myself just fine. If anyone wants to critique me, let 'em. Just their opinion anyway, they don't sign my paycheck.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah... View Post
    Well, you can move around when looking in the mirror. But not in a photo. Takes much longer to get the view you are happy with in a photo.

Or...

You can just forget pictures and get on with living

Sarah...

I agree, just be happy and enjoy your cd'ing regardless if your passable or not.
    Take 100 pics and you'll have some you like. Take only a handfull and your chances of getting one you like are slim to none. Edit the ones you do like, noise reduction in a pic can change it from trash to a keeper along with other edits.

When I see myself fully dressed I like what I see for the most part, I just love my walk Theres always going to be something we'd like to change. I don't consider myself passable, esp with my height and a few other things. I could work on the others but being that tall its always gonna be a tough sell. Just enjoy it, cd'ing is very fun for this one

I see myself as a piece of work in progress. Someday I hope to only have 2 or 3 drab things that need work.

Sarah,
    The idea of being convincing goes through many of our minds and yes for some it is important. I for one thought that maybe I was fooling myself until I dressed for my sisters-in-law around Halloween and the comments ranged for very nice to no man should look better than the women. Since then they have been my judges on style and makeup which is a big help.

The mirror can be more forgiving than the camera but safe to say they can also be a measuring stick, so to speak, but those who know you are the real critics. Whatever one is striving for, have fun and enjoy. Huggs Keli

Up till about 35 I was convincing. I think, after that, I began to go downhill.

I set very high standards for myself and try my very best to look natural and as feminine as can be. I know that the mirror doesn't always show how I really look and so I use pictures that I take of myself as a measurement of how I truely present myself.
    If something doesn't looking right in the picture, I will go back and find ways to correct it.
    I think I've done a pretty good job so far, but I know there are things I still need to improve.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Exaggerated "pass ability"

It's true we see what we want to see in the mirror. No different then anyone else under any circumstances though. I mean, I have pics in drab that look awful, when at the time I thought I was stylin'. Anyway, in your case, Amanda sweetheart, you may just be the real thing. I reviewed your posts and you look great in all of them. Hard to tell you're not a GG.

Platinum Member

Give it 110% every time

Anything worth doing is worth doing right set high standards for yourself
    especialy with your crossdressing do you want to look like a
    WAL-MARTshopper or a NORDSTROM shopper personaly I prefuer
    the NORDSTROM look give it 110% all the time
    you will look and feel better.
    .................................................. ...................ORCHID

How do you see yourself when fully dressed?
    Like the extension to my personality that has always been there, just waiting to be given the chance to shine

The pic's seem to be much more brutal than a mirror.
    I agree and it stinks
    I take 100 photos and maybe keep 3 or 4. the photos have nothing on what appears in the mirror, but that's life!

Tash

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I don't WANT to see myself, at all!

It's all about the ILLUSION for me, Amanda!

I make sure NOT to wear my contacts when CDing. I can't see the "man in a dress" as easily that way.

My pics r WAY better than live, for me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

it is on the same topic. If you have been mammed you must be doing something right . I guess past 50 I would be optimistic hoping to be miss instead of mamm.

How do you see yourself when fully dressed? So is it even possible to see what we want to see? Or is thinking that way a means to talk our selves out of doing something? Does this make any sense?
    Even though I see myself as a work in progress,I feel good when I get dressed.Anything is better then just looking like a guy in guy clothes..but even then Ive still been called a girl at points in my life.Its possible to see what you want to see when you realize that nothing is perfect.The world isnt perfect and you dont have to be anybody but you.I had a discussion with someone about this subject.How,through the magazines and tv, the idea of perfection and beauty is spread and pushed upon us as the truth and how people should be.People make themselves sick to create this image and it causes damage in a lot of lives.This disease they spread with what beauty is supposed to be is not reality.Like some kind of sick twisted shepherd leading the sheep right to the wolves mouth.

Just dont get me wrong.I think life is about creating yourself.I think it is great for people to work towards making themselves into the vision they want to see and trying to change what they would like.We just need to do it in a safe way and not rush anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    So I feel that I fully pass if you use one of those cameras on a U2......... . From 60,000 feet!! Lol.
    Lol,you are so bad.You pass as Karren and thats all that matters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's not really about how I look as much as how I feel.I look better on some days than on others, but I always feel sexy and pretty.

I got told off recently for over-analyzing my photos... I thought one looked very... 'boyish'... Apparently after much harping on it turns out I just look miserable... pouty and stern of eye...

Awwwww... He teases me rotten
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

PVC Crazy Member iwearstockings's Avatar
    I am a man wearing sexy clothes :^)
    Peace through superior dress sense..

i would like to think that i would be passable if to worked on my face with make up and plucking eyebrows. im going to have to try sooner or later

I think it depends on the mood of the day.

There are some days, I can take 100 pictures and over 50 are of decent quality.
    Next time only 1 might pass for good.

The same applies for the mirror. I can see a woman looking back sometimes, but more often than not i think "Who am I kidding?"

If I happen to be out and about, then I know that if I carry myself properly, then most people won't give me a second glance. Of course I'm not foolish enough to think that some won't see past the illusion that I've created.

As for looking "boyish", There are very many real women out there who try to create a "boyish" look and a lot look very sexy when they pull it off leaving slight doubts in the viewers eye as to what sex they are. I'm happy enough if I have done that sometimes.

When dressing at home, I know I DON'T look convincing--not in bright red lip gloss and six-inch heels. I never see real women in such makeup or shoes.

I look more convincing when I go out in the day, but I don't do that much. I wear flats, light red lipstick, gray skirts and sweaters, etc.

The number of CDs who can pass fully in public is comparable to the number of young boys playing football who actually end up in the NFL...

It's not just how we look. It's how we feel, and how the dresses and heels and petticoats make us feel.