Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You want to drop by When!

You want to drop by When!

A few years ago i inherited a house with a small guest house behind.In order to save money I rented the front house out and I lived in the guest. The guy who I rented the house to was a few years older than me, and str8 as an arrow and in my opinion.. a HUNK. ( sorry, about that,don't want to make anyone queasy lol) We did however become good friends and spent hours talking and hanging out together.We layed out by the pool together, ate some meals together, movies, running...totally as friends. He knew all about me and my desires, and never had a problem with any of it. i guess I had a crush on him, but never attempted anything overt, because I figured that he wasn't interested in me in that way. A couple of times he would do stuff like give me a hug if I was upset, or take my hand to help me up. Just before he moved out we went to see a movie and on the way out he took my hand to guide me around some people that were in the way, and he actually held my hand for a while as we walked. Anyway, after about a year he transferred jobs and moved to a different city.
    This morning while I am sitting here messing around with you guys (girls I mean) and my phone rings.. it's him. he says he's in town and wants to know if he can stop by and see me. Sure I say when? He says.. how about 30 minutes. I am looking around, and the place and there's piles of laundry all over the floor, sheets are off the bed,dishes in the sink, and I look like crap. No make-up,hairs a mess, coffee breath. It's Saturday, It's house cleaning day,it's jeans and sweatshirt day! So i ask how long he's going to be in town and he says a week or more. I asked where he was staying and he said his parents. i put off seeing him until this evening, but before we hung up I told him that if he wanted to he could stay here....He said.. we can talk about that when I see you. Now I am wondering if I should have even offered?

Kelly,
    I think it was completely appropriate for you to offer to stay at your place. He's in from out of town and needs to stay somewhere! It sounds like there's definitely some closeness already, with him having held your hand and all. I thought that was a sweet part of your story, thanks for sharing.

Probably a good idea to offer him the couch and see where it goes. Have fun!

Thanks

Actually his parents live here, I just thought that It would be nice to have him around. Oh and i do have a spare bedroom. LOL

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area

The invite..

Kelly, yes it was appropriate for you to invite him to stay over even if his parents live nearby. He may want to be in town but away from parents for an evening or two.

And of course spend time with a friend. Maybe his actions previously has him wondering where it may go.. hint the 'talk about it when he sees you"

Just to be sure i didn't miss something.. he has seen you dressed? did you go to the movies/out dressed, with him?

it was a cute story you told..thanks for sharing..
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Oh yes. he has seen me and everything we did we did while i was dressed. unfortunately LOL... just kiddin. I was totally out before I met him. He has never known me as anyone else but kelly.

Awwwwwwwwwww... You obviously like him... (I only go into panic mode about how I look and how bad the house is when it's someone I like). Appropriate? What you do and where you go is down to you...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I think it was a very nice thing to do Kelly, and quite appropriate, it seems he obviously hasn't forgotten about you, and he does sound like a hunky dream date if you ask me. If I was in your shoes, I would treat him Very well while he's back in town, but you'll have to play that by ear..

Karen

We have kept in touch, although not as much as I would have liked, and he always remembers my b-day and the holidays. I am thrilled at the prosepct of seeing him, but at the same time I am telling myself to calm down, that just because a couple of minor things happening in the past.. it might have just been wishful thinking on my part. I guess time will tell. I am soooooooooo happy i can hardly sit still. thanks all

Be yourself

And you'll be fine. Probably wouldn't be the first time he saw clutter in your home. Worst case, make him take you out to dinner. Then see what happens.

Katie

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    I am soooooooooo happy i can hardly sit still.
    Awwwwwwww I know that feeling Good luck Angel

The lovers have flown...

Silver Member
    The worst that could possibly happen is you will end up wanting to do and doing(and maybe should have done) what you wanted to do back when he was your renter---and you are right to think he's interested---If he wasn't he wouldn't have called you.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have a zillion things to do to get ready.Just where to start LOL... Thanks again.

Just keep us updated

The lovers have flown...

I say , just be yourself, and let the girl in you shine, and then maybe another night take in a movie & candlelight dinner may be in order..

Karen

Go out, have a great time. Talk about things from there. Your offer of a place to stay was very nice and appropriate no matter how you look at it. You are and have been friends, just the fact that he still remembers you at b day and holidays, says that. Maybe the fact that he called says is maybe looking for more, or not. Just go with the flow and see where it takes you.

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

30 minutes and counting...I am goin in!

OK, The place is staightened up, dishes done, beds made. Got my fingers and toes done, cute little tube type top with a cover up, cute little skirt . His favorite perfume, spritzed into the air and walked through. ( he likes subtle,doesn't want to smell it from a block away, just when it's up close and personal) 30 minutes to zero hour. I am going in!

Good luck Kelly.

I can't think of a single inappropriate thing you have posted at all. Put out the feelers and maintain your dignity, and you'll be fine.

Good luck

Tash

I dont think it was inappropriate at all to ask him if he wanted to stay. You are freinds and he is from out of town.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    The fact that he was so friendly to you in the past, he never forgets your birthdays, and he called to see you because he was coming to town, that tells me that he's interested in you.
    As someone else already stated, just be yourself and let things move along naturally.........I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.

Courage is a wonderful thing...wish you well.

Smile

I don't know why, but I'm so excited for you!!! does he have an older brother on the east coast??? he-he-he..
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for yeah.. good luck!!!

Karen

Oooooooo 6 hours have gone by... Things must have gone well

The lovers have flown...

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Oooooooo 6 hours have gone by... Things must have gone well
    Would you say their having pillow talk possibly????
    She seems really sweet, hope things work out for her

Awaiting with bated breath

While it is entirely normal for people to hook up (pun intended) with acquaintances while they are back in town. It is wonderful that he is looking you up, but do not become disappointed or obsessive if he wants to see others too. Have a wonder visit with your friend. Do let us know the ending once you have recovered and come up for air.

loves shoe shopping
    Okay, so he knows that you're a girl deep inside but a boy in the shallow end, or does he not? Maybe he's into that sort of thing. Or maybe he wants to dress up as well? Either way, hope you had some fun with him. Come back and let us know what happened.