Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suzy going full time in May

Congrats on the job front. More employers could take a lesson from yours... a lot more. Obviously they recognize the value of their employees and are willing to support your success and their investment in you.

Give the HR Director a hug from all of us... then send her flowers.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

So happy for you Suzy honey.

Hope to see you soon.

Love,

Jan

I am happy for you. That you are able to fulfill your dreams.

Full Time

Congrats Suzy!!!!. You are one lucky Girl, to have that kind of support; especially from your employer it must make things a great deal easier on you.
    Good luck.

Brenda

Aspiring Member
    Congtatulations Suzy.

I am hoping too that i will be able to go full time within a year, at which time i plan on continuing with my full Transition

Denise

Congrats Suzy, that is great news!!!!
    By the way, I am graduating from College next may, and could use a good job at an open company like yours ;-)

Hey, nothing wrong with a little networking, especially in this economic enviornment!!

Suzy this is brilliant news hun, congratulations
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Suzy. this I'm very happy to hear things are going very well for you. Congratulations.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    WOW, such a wonderful company ! Although there are similar here in the US, not in my area that I know of.... oh well....

CONGRADS to you for the progress and the bravery to go ahead. Good luck in each of the next few stages

Charlene

I was gong to wait and then i filed the papers and got ready, and then found out that there was a five month court delay in the paper work to change my name. oy. But my union went ahead and issued me a new ID badge with the new name. so, no hair removal and HRT I went full time on January 22nd. I haven't looked back, and to me the sign that this is right.... I wake up every day now excited like the first day of school. I get to meet people for the very first time. And people get to meet me for the very first time. And I'm so happy nowl. Yeee haw. You'll do fine, it's great when the mgmt. gets behind you and stands with you. sigh. You are going to be fine, there's nothing boi left to you. Carol

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Wow Suzy, you are living your dream!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

A little late, but congratulations, Suzy! I'm so happy you've recieved such positive support. And kudos to your employer. I hope things go as well with your co-workers.

Hugs,

Melissa

Great News!!!!

I've been following your journey, just wishing I was in your shoes. I find it very motivating for me and hope that I can post the same announcement myself sometime in the future. I know everything will go fine. You have no shortage of support here, that's for sure.

Just take a deep breath and take it one day at a time. You've made amazing progress since I first started reading your posts of going out shopping! That middle photo of you looks so natural and feminine. So glad that you're feeling more and more your female self. Good luck and keep us informed.
    Sally

great for you suzy!! very happy for you and you look great!!!

michele
    Last edited by Kaitlyn Michele; 03-14-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo

Thank you

Thank you for all your lovely e-mails. This is such an exciting, but scary time for me and so I'm so glad to have support and encouragement both on-line and also from my GG friends at work.

I took these photos at the weekend:

In my operating theatre 'blues'

2.jpg

My GG freinds

1.jpg

My friend

3.jpg

Suzy

Wed 18th March update

Yesterday all of the senior managers in my company were told of my condition (10 of them)

The HR Director started off by giving them a short introduction to the effects and causes of transgenderism - and then told them my position. A few of them were totally stunned, but they all voiced their support.

Then my special "e-mail to all staff" note was read out to them. I wrote the letter in December in anticipation of what was to follow. The main reason I wrote it was to explain my condition to everyone in the company when I go full time. I haven't put it on this site yet as I'm saving it for when I go full time in May. The HR lady says it's very special - and it's the best piece I have ever written.

Today I had phone calls from the two of the senior managers (that are linked to my department) to say they had no idea and expressed sympathy on just how difficult life must have been for me. They said they will do all they can do to help.

So that's all in place now with just 7 weeks to go.

Suzy

Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 03-18-2009 at 08:22 AM.

you have come a long way sis I'm very proud of you and all you have done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

congratulations

congratulations Suzy! I am so happy your work transition is going well. It is sure to be a sucess! Your experience is inspirational to me. I too will have to do the same, but am a ways away from it. I'm sure it will happen sooner than I think. Thanks for sharing your experience.

awsome

I'm so happy for you!

jacinda

I am so excited for you. I think I speak for everyone when I say that I wish we all worked for a company like that.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

That's absolutely fabulous Suzy, thanks for the update. It's been quite a journey for you and as the first (and probably most difficult) part comes to an end soon I want to wish you well and thank you for sharing it with us. I'm sure your story has given many girls here encouragement to continue, I know it has for me.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Karen is right Suzy, that is awesome news! All the best as you begin a new chapter in your life!

Eileen

Don't forget our 'date' once you are full time.

Seriously, great news Suzy. You work for a wonderful company full of wonderful people.
    Would love to meet your HR manager if the situation should every arise - she sounds very special.

Love,

Janny

Suzy, Best of luck, Bravo, thank you for your courage.

Tora