Thread: What do you like?

What do you like?

Sup brahs it's shallow thread time.

What do you like in a girl (or guy)? What's the first thing that attracts you? What's your favorite physical part? Is there anything you can't stand?

My answers: Essential for me in any kind of relationship is a sense of humor that aligns with mine. I am pretty much an irreverant asshole, so I need somebody who will laugh at my jokes (but also know when to reign me in...I can get over the top sometimes).

The first thing that attracts me to someone is primarily their style. Clothes, hair, way of carrying themselves, way of talking. There's certain types of people I am instantly attracted to and some people I am instantly repulsed by. I like punky girls and fairy boys, and I will admit to having a greater attraction to people outside my ethnicity (I SAID it was a shallow thread). I don't like guys with the "frat boy" look (because they're so often bags of fecal matter), and I really don't like pampered white girls with their straightened hair and designer jeans. I don't know if this is residual nerd rage or just the fact that they're all so the same that they're boring. You've dated one, you've dated all of 'em. I know I'm generalizing. This is a shallow thread.

In guys, the first physical thing I notice is the hair. Then the shoulders/upper torso. I used to be all about the abs but I've broadened my horizons. In girls, it's the face. Ok I'm lying. It's usually to sometimes the face. It depends. If they have great 'assets' and are wearing a low-cut top, I see that first. If I'm behind them, I see that first. So sue me.

The one thing that will instantly dissuade me from pursing anything with someone, no matter how pretty they are, is a (warning! controversial statement incoming!) cross around the neck or other obvious markers like a WWJD shirt. I refuse to date any Christian who advertises themselves that blatantly. I am OK with dating Christians in general, but only if I can't tell they're Christians until at least halfway through the dinner conversation. That's just my personal standard and if you want to ask me why that belongs in another thread. This is a shallow thread!
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Ronaldo Explosivo halfman_halfamazing's Avatar
    lol YAY SHALLOW MEN!
    i particularly like.. great taste in music.
    not too great because i admit not everything on my ipod would be considered the hippest indiest stuff out there. besides i like to seem i know more about music than most people.

i like brunettes. =]
    sense of humor. everyone says that but they don't even have a sense of humor. i'm talking CRAZY FUNNY
    i have a thing for funny women. jenna fischer, tina fey and idk who else.
    and the greatest sense of youth. someone who'll watch sesame street with me and laugh like a five year old.
    religion. please don't have sex with me. my God i'm descriding someone arent i?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Ron is like, like...half man half amazing...no doubt ~
    it's okay Justin Bieber, I'm 21 and my voice is barely changing too.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Ok I am real shallow at times. Depends on how horny I am and how serious I am. When I am horny I like boobs.Plain and simple I am a boob man. Now I hate my own but I love boobs. Is that shallow enough?
    For serious I want some one who can laugh and cry. Some one who can just be real no hang-ups some one who I can take care of but yet can take care of me. Some one who is honest and can take honesty right back. Some one who loves to just hang out at home but yet loves to go out on the spare of the moment. Some one who loves animals,toys and guns and cars. I guess some one who is mixed up like me. I like things that are mix's of things that do not go together. I am in to ying and yang. Light and dark. Adult and kid. I like to keep in touch with that child in side yet be the adult I need to be.

Ok things that attract me....

Initially its gotta be looks can't help it if I'm not attracted then its no go. I like the way a person dresses that will either attract me or turn me right off. I like someone who looks after themselves if ya know what I mean Someone with a bubbly out going personality like me. Guess there's more but that will do for starters. xx Felix

Ok I'm back on this one coz I had to run the other night....

Intelligence now that really does something for me, I like to connect on an intellectual level with the person. Spiritually I also have to connect. Here I'm not talking about in a religious way I'm talking about a deeper personal, soul kinda thing. This connection is deep and intimate.
    Because of how I define myself there are physical things that attract me like a nice chest and nice breasts, a nice bottom. I like eyes, they are a way into the soul, eyes speak without speaking if you know what I mean. I like nicely toned bodies too If I was thinking about hair well I like short and long hair styles. Dark hair particularly black hair, this is very attractive to me. I like unusual types of hair something that gives character to a person. I guess I like hair types that signify strength, yeah definitely. Think that's it for now xx Felix
    Last edited by Felix; 03-14-2009 at 11:28 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

The attraction! For me it is ankles and feet together with the shoes and stockings. I am just nuts 'bout that characteristic! I will follow them anywhere! Sometimes I don't even notice the upper body and face... oh, until later when occasionally, actually most of the time, it becomes important enough for me to have to disconnect. Sad but true - I am just attracted to "the physical". Without that, there is nothing.

Shallow Rickie
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

Guys who are just the opposite of you.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 03-14-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Asian Guy O_O
    Face.

As superficial and low as it seems... its the truth. Then would be her personality, her mannerisms, her morals etc. But ultimately, it all comes down to how compatible we are for each other, and if we're able to understand that it takes 2 to maintain a stable relationship.

I'm strongly attracted to androgyny in both sexes, but particularly in girls and women.

Predominantly I have always liked feminine women who make me laugh. My ideal woman would be Dawn French (a British comedian), please Google her if you don't know who I mean. Yes she is a big lady, not the typical model type but I think she is beautiful and makes me laugh so hard. But.... lol

This past year I have remained single and although I haven't even had a one night stand I have used this time to explore my sexuality and what and who I am attracted to.

I realise that people are people and it doesn't matter where they fit along the "gender scale", I have realised that I am attracted to femininity but in men and women. Ultimately though its humour I find to be the most sexy. I have adopted the term "pan sexual" because its about the person not the gender. It has taken me years to come to this because I used to be so black and white about who I am and who I want to be with.

Another thing that attracts me is a person's eyes, there are some eyes I feel I can dive into and take a swim. Eyes that have me lost forever. Eyes can tell me a lot about a person, not details but emotions, state of mind, that kind of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hey you with the pretty face welcome to the human race, a celebration, Mr. Blue Sky's up there waiting and today is the day we've waited for.

Rapidly becoming a Gender Equality Duty expert (Europe)

Ok I'm back on this one coz I had to run the other night....

Intelligence now that really does something for me, I like to connect on an intellectual level with the person. Spiritually I also have to connect. Here I'm not talking about in a religious way I'm talking about a deeper personal, soul kinda thing. This connection is deep and intimate.
    Because of how I define myself there are physical things that attract me like a nice chest and nice breasts, a nice bottom. I like eyes, they are a way into the soul, eyes speak without speaking if you know what I mean. I like nicely toned bodies too If I was thinking about hair well I like short and long hair styles. Dark hair particularly black hair, this is very attractive to me. I like unusual types of hair something that gives character to a person. I guess I like hair types that signify strength, yeah definitely. Think that's it for now xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!