Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you transition if you could pass?

Would you transition if you could pass?

There are some girls in here that can pass very easily and some that can not. I am one that can not pass because of height, foot size, and hand size mostly. (6'6'' with a size 15 and hands to match) I was wondering if some of you choose not to transition and take the cd further because of passing issues.

If I was a smaller person I think I would actually transition and possibly go for the total operation.

I guess what I am asking is how many people will not fully go through SRS or even living full time because of physical issues.

I've been thinking of an end goal is to be some what androgynous like Jeffree Star, but much more conservative business like presentation (not sure if that can be pulled off)
    Then again, I'm really not sure what it is I want in the future.

All I know if there was a magic genie that could grant me a wish of being re-born as a female I would take that wish.
    But because of my physical characteristics I can never really pass with out getting a lot of stairs so I don't plan as of now to ever fully transition.

Is anyone else like this as well?? Limited to not transitioning because of physical appearance?

Always Pretty in Pink PanteeQueen's Avatar
    I would definatly transition as I can wear heels better than my wife. Although, I have a very masculine face and don't know what to do about it.

I know an airline pilot who flys for a Major airline. he has to be at least 6'5", and has huge hands and feet. He fully transitioned a few years ago. He's Sara now and and the last time i talked to her she was extremely happy.

Quote Originally Posted by PanteeQueen View Post
    I would definatly transition as I can wear heels better than my wife. Although, I have a very masculine face and don't know what to do about it.
    Think very carefully about this PQ. It takes more than an ability to walk on heels to transition successfully.

You are new here, and I would like to welcome you. I also suggest you visit the Transsexual Forum and Body Issues for insight about transition.
    Reine

In a heart beat

I have thought intensively about this question. If I had not met my wife and fallen in love then I would definately go for the full transition that is if my body type could manage it. I absolutely do not have the body type to make the transition or the masculine face. But the ultimate reality is that I love my wife so much that even if my body were different I would not chose to transition for any reason.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Speaking as a TS, but not for the TS's such considerations just don't really come in to it... I'm 5' 11", and would love to be tiny... waif-like... with a gorgeous voice *sigh* But, I need to be the true me above anything else... and I really am so happy in comparison to a couple of years ago

Awwwww smiley Lisa

xxx
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Professional Socialite
    Quote Originally Posted by PanteeQueen View Post
    Just a tad bit more than being able to walk in heels sweetie :> alot of gg's cant even walk in heels so its not a requirement. A few buckets full of tears (literaly) is more the start.
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't quite pass either. I'm a bit tall for a woman, although not over 6'. My adam's apple, man shoulders and arms make it hard for me to look completely feminine in person, though I can minimize their look somewhat in photos.

I've actually seen very attractive gg's who were very tall - taller than me, but also proportionate in their dimensions. Because of this, I don't think that height alone has too much to do with it, although it does draw more attention.

In terms of transitioning, I don't have any interest in SRS personally. If there were a pill that could magically make me into a female, I would not take that either. I like being a guy who can transform into a woman (or the appearance there of) when I want. Although I'd prefer to spend more time en femme than in man-mode, I don't want to surgically alter my man parts.

If there were a pill that allowed me to transform into a woman temporarily, I might try something like that, but I don't want give up my man side all together.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Aspiring Member
    I can pass most of the time and I'm pretty big at 5'10" and 220 lbs. But I'm too old to transition. Actually I was happy to be just a CD until a few years ago. I could see myself as a non-op transsexual eventually. Or maybe this is just a phase that I'm going through.
    Like most of us, I have a lot invested in the male part of my life such as family and career. And I'm not willing to give that up now. Leanne

Nope. Don't want to give up being a boi!

I debated transition many years ago. In my early 30's I had the chance to live full time for a brief period. I came to the realization that there are too many things I enjoy about being a boi (I know I spell that funny). I was living in NYC, enjoying and hating the city. As a personal choice I decided I didn't want to choose one gender. I do want to switch back and forth.

So I'm setting up my life where I can just say,,,I'm going to live as a woman for a month, a year or whatever or the other way around.

In the end, I think it's a good idea for everyone to think about what they really want and need. Then look at what it will cost you, in terms of money, friends, family and decide what you want to do. Most of us, me included, spend to much time dreaming about what we want and being unhappy because none of it ever happens. It's usually our own fault it never happens. I truly wished I had made a lot of my decision 10-15 years earlier than I did. Like a lot of us. I would love to be 25 right now, with the knowledge/experience I have. This is true of being TG as well as in life.
    Last edited by JoannaCaroline; 03-09-2009 at 06:32 AM.

I dunno, you talk of magic and genies. That smacks of fantasy. When we are talking transition, we are talking about very serious issues indeed. Be careful what you wish for. Once it's cut off we can't put it back. In addition, many of us are so used to the so-called "male privalege" we would not be able to get along without it despite what we say here about how much we "hate" being a guy.

In any case, passing is the least of it and we should be concentrating on how we deal with and process the feelings more than anything else and that, in itself, will indicate whether or not we may need to transition.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I'm wearing heels right now!!
    Still I think I could pass or do well enough as a woman. It's just my fear and other things that are important in my life that I have to consider.
    so for now at least Im still a guy on the outside.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

No, I would not. I enjoy being a boy and a gurl.

Banned Read only
    Jolan Tru,

Luckily, I am not big, tall and manly, so with a little effort I could pass with ease (at least I believe so). Yes, I am more robust than most girls, but this is nothing that couldn't be masked and concealed. In short, I will transition in a blink of eye if there wouldn't be social and financial obstacles.

It's way more complicated than just being able to pass. Heck, if you transition, you're going to present as female whether you pass or not. Certainly, being viewed as a pretty woman beats the heck out of the alternative should one choose to transition. But there are still all the other elements involved that one needs to take into consideration. It is these other things that led me to the decision that transition is not where my path leads. Being able to pass as a female does not alter that decision. However, if I were to transition, I'd certainly want to look presentable as a woman. But it is not the primary concern in deciding whether or not to transition.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Always Pretty in Pink PanteeQueen's Avatar
    I know that there is more than just being able to wear heels. However, I can't explain the feeling that I get when I am crossdressing that I would totally transition.

PQ

would you transition if you could pass?
    It's all in a person's mind, not their appearance

passing is so overrated. transition is not as easy as some think. be careful what you wish for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GypsyKaren
    I transitioned and had SRS because it was the only way I could survive any longer, that's how it is for most of us, and how I look never came up in the decision making process. It would be nice if everything could have been perfect and all wrapped up in a pretty little package, but nothing in life comes delivered that way so I didn't see the point in denying myself with this. Forget all of the talk about a "magic pill" because it wouldn't work even if it existed, transitioning and living as a woman takes confidence and guts, not looks.

Karen
    Last edited by GypsyKaren; 03-09-2009 at 08:29 AM.

I wouldn't make a convincing female. I don't have many feminine characteristics and family, friends and my work keep me in the closet. I think it would be nice to have SRS at some point in the future though but still maintain an outward male appearance.

PQ, thanks for your message. I did get that you know there is more involved, but my tongue in cheek answer didn't come off too well. I'm sorry.

Arianna and Karen put it much better than me. I've read enough here to know that intense feelings of pleasure when dressing doesn't necessarily mean that a TG is TS. There are difficult aspects to transitioning you can read about in the TS forums and as everyone else says, it is not a decision that can be made lightly.
    Reine

I am well of aware of the other aspects of transitioning and how they are just as important or more important than the aspect of passing or being a presentable female. However being comfortable and confident in thet way one looks is and can be very important as well. I know there are no magic genes or pills. For that matter having some sort of psycho-therapy where you could cease the dressing and feeling you have would be another alternative because I have already invested in a male life and the proper body to live on in.
    All being said, the therapy does not exisit, and I still have this feeling that things are not right.
    The way you look is not all there is in life, but lets face it, we live in a materialistic world. Unfortuantely the better looking you are the more opportunities you have in a generalized setting and most other things being equal (It is true, there are studies done that two people with the exact qualifications the better looking person will get the job) That is just facing reality.
    I want to be successful in life and have career goals, and being a TG that is not presentable does not help the situation at all, especially since what I will do most likely is in some sort of hospitality section dealing with the public.
    There are a lot of decisions to be made as well as sacrifices and reality checks of what is best for my situation and mental health.

as one who lives both genders at the same time, I wont live my life for someone else. my life is mine and to surender it to what others may think is wrong. I am often asked what gender i am but if they need to know they are probably lookintg for a reason to not approve. I dont seek others approval just mine. why be one or the other? why not just be me? and yes i am single by choice.I had a great relationship that was lost due to her passing but still enjoy my kids. we can conform to a safe and respectfull person but be are selves at the same time. itsw not easy but being just male I had those who didnt care for me also, brandi
    Brandi

Back when I came out to my wife, she asked all the usual questions, and out of fairness to her I went back and did some soul searching about who I am and what I want. So I can answer these questions as I did to her.

I would not want to transition permanently, I enjoy being a man. Now if there was a way to switch back and forth easily, or even with some inconvenience, I would love to try it.

Being 6'-0" in my silk stocking feet, and around 170# at my best, I will never be passable the way some lucky girls on this site can. But I would be happy if I could pass as a big girl. The more I really look around, rather than just look at the skinny girls, the more women I see who match my body type. So if I could pass as one of those, I would be more than content.

Now if I fancied men, I could try to pick a boy friend who was about 6'-6" and built accordingly, then I would look just right in proportion. (Yes, I did tell you that I thought about all this stuff so I could give my wife honest answers. So no, I do not fancy men, and objectifying a friend to use as a prop would be so uncool....)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.